- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Chlorine Safety Course Attracts Area Water and Wastewater Operators
More than fifty water and sewer operators from Southeast Missouri attended a training session on chlorine safety and industry-wide regulatory updates last week.
The operators, who represented nearly twenty communities, gathered at Fire Station #1 in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, Dec. 3. Attendees earned Missouri Department of Resources-approved training credit for attending the one-day course.
"Lots of folks in this area deal with chlorine on a daily basis. We try to hold a training session on chlorine safety at least once a year because these chemicals can be dangerous -- it's important to have a refresher" said trainer William Pecord, water production supervisor for Alliance Water Resources, the company that operates the Cape Girardeau water system under a contract with the City. The training was sponsored by the company.
Alliance Water Resources is a contract management company serving community water and wastewater systems. The company partners with communities in Missouri and Iowa to manage issues such as federal and state regulatory compliance, operator certification and capital improvement project management. AWR is headquartered in Columbia, Mo., more information can be found online at alliancewater.com.
# # #