- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Chlorine Safety Course Attracts Area Water and Wastewater Operators
More than fifty water and sewer operators from Southeast Missouri attended a training session on chlorine safety and industry-wide regulatory updates last week.
The operators, who represented nearly twenty communities, gathered at Fire Station #1 in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, Dec. 3. Attendees earned Missouri Department of Resources-approved training credit for attending the one-day course.
"Lots of folks in this area deal with chlorine on a daily basis. We try to hold a training session on chlorine safety at least once a year because these chemicals can be dangerous -- it's important to have a refresher" said trainer William Pecord, water production supervisor for Alliance Water Resources, the company that operates the Cape Girardeau water system under a contract with the City. The training was sponsored by the company.
Alliance Water Resources is a contract management company serving community water and wastewater systems. The company partners with communities in Missouri and Iowa to manage issues such as federal and state regulatory compliance, operator certification and capital improvement project management. AWR is headquartered in Columbia, Mo., more information can be found online at alliancewater.com.
# # #