- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Chlorine Safety Course Attracts Area Water and Wastewater Operators
More than fifty water and sewer operators from Southeast Missouri attended a training session on chlorine safety and industry-wide regulatory updates last week.
The operators, who represented nearly twenty communities, gathered at Fire Station #1 in Cape Girardeau on Wednesday, Dec. 3. Attendees earned Missouri Department of Resources-approved training credit for attending the one-day course.
"Lots of folks in this area deal with chlorine on a daily basis. We try to hold a training session on chlorine safety at least once a year because these chemicals can be dangerous -- it's important to have a refresher" said trainer William Pecord, water production supervisor for Alliance Water Resources, the company that operates the Cape Girardeau water system under a contract with the City. The training was sponsored by the company.
Alliance Water Resources is a contract management company serving community water and wastewater systems. The company partners with communities in Missouri and Iowa to manage issues such as federal and state regulatory compliance, operator certification and capital improvement project management. AWR is headquartered in Columbia, Mo., more information can be found online at alliancewater.com.
# # #