- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This is an undated archive photo of the Blue Hole Garden on South Sprigg Street in Cape Girardeau.
According to a July 12, 1987 Southeast Missourian story by John Ramey, the restaurant was founded by William Franz and Lonnie Hill in April 1927. Franz bought out Hill's interest in 1933 and turned the business over to his son-in-law, Ralph Brennecke in 1952.
A 1958 city directory lists the Blue Hole restaurant at 2425 South Sprigg. The 1960 directory has no listing at that address, but a listing for Blue Hole is on Highway 61 North. The 1968 directory lists the address at 204 North Kingshighway. Brennecke sold it in 1968 to Glenn Bishop. It was sold in 1987 and the site became an Arby's Roast Beef restaurant, which is no longer at that site.