- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Oct. 3, 1929 Southeast Missourian 25th anniversary edition
John Knaup purchased the Charles Gelvin floral operation on June 15, 1920, at the northeast corner of William and Pacific streets. Gelvin had established the first commercial greenhouse in Cape Girardeau at that site. Knaup operated the business from 1920 until his retirement in 1976, when his sons assumed its management.
From 1893 through 1934, trolley cars provided transportation through Cape Girardeau. The trolley tracks turned the corner at William and Pacific streets.
The book, When Missouri Took the Trolley, by Andrew D. Young, details the route of the trolley in Cape Girardeau:
International Shoe on North Main south to Broadway, west on Broadway, north on Henderson, west on Normal, south on West End Blvd., east on William, south a block on Pacific, east on Good Hope, north on Spanish, east on Independence a block to Main, north on Main to Broadway. Two blocks were added on Spanish south from Broadway to Independence, then a block east to Main, avoiding Broadway hill.