- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Remember full service at your neighborly service station? G.D. Fronabarger made this picture to promote a local Phillips 66 service station.
Here is an advertisement in the May 27, 1958 Southeast Missourian:
Does the interior of your car sometimes look like a sand-trap combined with a rat's nest--with just a little touch of children's playground? Most cars get that way at one time or another...especially where there are kids and pets. If so, come in and be "whisked."
Whiskbrooming your car's interior so it is spick and span is just one of the little "extras" you can expect when you drive in to a Phillips 66 Station.
Another service your Phillips 66 Dealer will gladly perform is to clean your windows all the way around!
Get acquainted with Phillips 66 Hospitality.
Fulbright Oil Company, distributor
Cape Girardeau, Mo.
The service station in the photo is Brennecke's 66 Service at 915 Broadway, according to the 1958 city directory. It was owned by Emil Brennecke.
The building behind is the Medical Arts Building, 937 Broadway.
Another Phillips 66 blog: