- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)1
It was 30 years ago this week that the 100-year-old Trinity Lutheran Church structure was demolished on the same site as the present church, at Frederick and Themis streets in Cape Girardeau.
The demolition on April 18, 1979 came more than a year after the Jan. 16, 1978 announcement that Trinity had been declared unsafe for services.
The present church building was dedicated on May 2, 1982.
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires a subscription.