- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE NETWORK AVAILABLE IN CAPE
WHO:Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT:The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is coming to Cape Girardeau on Dec. 20. Verizon Wireless customers in Cape Girardeau will be able to experience the speed and capabilities offered by the nation's largest 4G LTE network when the company introduces the service tomorrow.
WHERE:In addition to Cape Girardeau, customers in Mathews, Sikeston, Jackson, Pocahontas, Oak Ridge and Uniontown will have access to the 4G LTE network.
The expansion also extends Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network coverage along the stretch of Interstate 55 from southeastern Perry County through Cape Girardeau County, ending in northern New Madrid County.
For street-level detail of coverage and more, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE.
WHEN:Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012
BACKGROUND:Two years after its launch, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network offers more 4G LTE coverage than all other competitors' networks combined, with coverage currently available to more than 250 million people throughout the United States. On Thursday, Dec. 20, the network will expand to offer 4G LTE service in more than 470 markets throughout the country.
QUOTE:"When we launch our 4G service in Cape Girardeau, Verizon Wireless customers with 4G LTE smartphones, tablet and other devices, will have direct access to the superfast speeds that are available in 440 other markets today," said Brendan Fallis, president -- Kansas/Missouri/southern Illinois Region, Verizon Wireless. "Every day in every way, Verizon Wireless works to continue to provide our customers with the best wireless experience in the U.S."