- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE NETWORK AVAILABLE IN CAPE
WHO:Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT:The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is coming to Cape Girardeau on Dec. 20. Verizon Wireless customers in Cape Girardeau will be able to experience the speed and capabilities offered by the nation's largest 4G LTE network when the company introduces the service tomorrow.
WHERE:In addition to Cape Girardeau, customers in Mathews, Sikeston, Jackson, Pocahontas, Oak Ridge and Uniontown will have access to the 4G LTE network.
The expansion also extends Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network coverage along the stretch of Interstate 55 from southeastern Perry County through Cape Girardeau County, ending in northern New Madrid County.
For street-level detail of coverage and more, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/4GLTE.
WHEN:Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012
BACKGROUND:Two years after its launch, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network offers more 4G LTE coverage than all other competitors' networks combined, with coverage currently available to more than 250 million people throughout the United States. On Thursday, Dec. 20, the network will expand to offer 4G LTE service in more than 470 markets throughout the country.
QUOTE:"When we launch our 4G service in Cape Girardeau, Verizon Wireless customers with 4G LTE smartphones, tablet and other devices, will have direct access to the superfast speeds that are available in 440 other markets today," said Brendan Fallis, president -- Kansas/Missouri/southern Illinois Region, Verizon Wireless. "Every day in every way, Verizon Wireless works to continue to provide our customers with the best wireless experience in the U.S."