- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- New regents president named after Knudtson decides not to seek second term (12/18/17)
- Southeast rings bell for 807 December graduates (12/18/17)
Charity Event Holiday Show
For Immediate Release
Contact: Scottie Tollison
(573) 521- 0435
Or Ashley at the Dockside , 4 N. Spanish in Downtown Cape.
The Dockside Upper Deck and the performers from "Downtown's A Drag " will be kicking off the holiday season on Saturday , November 16 , with a special Dinner and a show celebration . This is a kick-off event to their holiday toy drive, food drive , and coat drive at the Dockside Upper Deck, 4. N. Spanish in Downtown Cape Girardeau.
The event will begin at 6pm with a Thanksgiving holiday style meal including many homemade holiday dinner fixings and treats. The Show will begin at 9:00 pm . It will feature a large variety of singing, dancing, and illusional talent.
The Downtown's A Drag Performance group was developed by Scottie Tollison as a way to give local performers and out of town guest a place to show off their talents in the great downtown Cape atmosphere. Scottie explained, " It is also a great outlet to help with charitable events as well. We just completed an amazing benefit event that raised over $1,500 for a little girl with Sickle Cell in only one evening. We wanted to find a way to give back to our great community."
Tickets are on sale now. $10.00 for the dinner and show, or if you just want to watch the show , $5.00. Reservation s can be made by calling Scottie Tollison at (573)521-0435.
The Group is also planning a 'Pictures with Santa' day in early December to boost the Toy , Coat, and Food Drives as well.