- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Grape Stomping Contest
Hemman Winery in Brazeu, Mo will be hosting its 5th Annual Grape Stomping Contest on October 6 & 7. This is one of our customers favorite events at the winery. Anyone who wants to stomp grapes name will be put in a hat and four teams of two people will be drawn to compete. Where else can you have a minute of fame with grapes all over your feet.
Hemman winery also has some great music lined up for the weekend. Mark Rees, a Jackson native, will be performing on Saturday from 2-5pm and Tungston Groove, trio from Perryville, will be performing on Sunday from 2-5pm.
There are many that don't want to stomp but just likes to watch the compition. That is ok too. The more there is cheering on the teams the more fun it is.
Hemman Winery will also not be serving food. You are welcome to bring a picnic basket or get a pizza from the kitchen.
You don't want to miss this event. The Grape Stomping is just one event of a month long Octoberfest celebration.
For more information contact Bonnie at 573-824-5394 or visit www.hemmanwinery.com.