- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Grape Stomping Contest
Hemman Winery in Brazeu, Mo will be hosting its 5th Annual Grape Stomping Contest on October 6 & 7. This is one of our customers favorite events at the winery. Anyone who wants to stomp grapes name will be put in a hat and four teams of two people will be drawn to compete. Where else can you have a minute of fame with grapes all over your feet.
Hemman winery also has some great music lined up for the weekend. Mark Rees, a Jackson native, will be performing on Saturday from 2-5pm and Tungston Groove, trio from Perryville, will be performing on Sunday from 2-5pm.
There are many that don't want to stomp but just likes to watch the compition. That is ok too. The more there is cheering on the teams the more fun it is.
Hemman Winery will also not be serving food. You are welcome to bring a picnic basket or get a pizza from the kitchen.
You don't want to miss this event. The Grape Stomping is just one event of a month long Octoberfest celebration.
For more information contact Bonnie at 573-824-5394 or visit www.hemmanwinery.com.