- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)19
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Grape Stomping Contest
Hemman Winery in Brazeu, Mo will be hosting its 5th Annual Grape Stomping Contest on October 6 & 7. This is one of our customers favorite events at the winery. Anyone who wants to stomp grapes name will be put in a hat and four teams of two people will be drawn to compete. Where else can you have a minute of fame with grapes all over your feet.
Hemman winery also has some great music lined up for the weekend. Mark Rees, a Jackson native, will be performing on Saturday from 2-5pm and Tungston Groove, trio from Perryville, will be performing on Sunday from 2-5pm.
There are many that don't want to stomp but just likes to watch the compition. That is ok too. The more there is cheering on the teams the more fun it is.
Hemman Winery will also not be serving food. You are welcome to bring a picnic basket or get a pizza from the kitchen.
You don't want to miss this event. The Grape Stomping is just one event of a month long Octoberfest celebration.
For more information contact Bonnie at 573-824-5394 or visit www.hemmanwinery.com.