- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)11
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Jenny Ison Stigers, DMD Installed President
Dr. Jenny Ison Stigers was recently installed as President of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD). The ABPD was organized in 1940 and continues to develop and administer a certification process which validates a pediatric dentist's in-depth knowledge and proficiency in the oral health care for infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special health care needs. ABPD certifies pediatric dentists who practice throughout the United States and internationally and is the only certifying Board for the specialty of Pediatric Dentistry recognized by the American Dental Association.
Dr. Stigers is an Associate Professor at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry and currently serves as director of the West Kentucky Mobile Dental Program. She is a graduate of Morehead State University and obtained her dental degree from the University of Kentucky. She completed a two year General Practice Residency at UK and then a residency in pediatric dentistry at Indiana University/James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.
Dr. Stigers became certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry in 1995 and was elected as a Director of the Board in 2008. She also currently serves as chair of the ABPD Examination Committee and has served as vice chair or chair of the Qualifying Examination Subcommittee from 2008 to 2012 in addition to other committee appointments throughout her tenure with the Board.
She also serves the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) as editor of its Reference Manual, an annual publication of oral health policies and clinical practice guidelines, and as chair of the Task Force on Strengthening the Science in AAPD's Guidelines and Journals. She was recipient of AAPD's Leadership Award in 2004 and selected as Pediatric Dentist of the Year in 2008. Dr. Stigers also was chosen as a member of the first cohort of the AAPD Leadership Institute at the Kellogg School of Management (2004-06).
Dr. Stigers is married to Stephen W. Stigers, M.D., D.M.D. They live in Cape Girardeau, Missouri with their daughter, Li Fu.
For more information, please contact ABPD World Headquarters at 319-341-8488.