- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Jenny Ison Stigers, DMD Installed President
Dr. Jenny Ison Stigers was recently installed as President of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD). The ABPD was organized in 1940 and continues to develop and administer a certification process which validates a pediatric dentist's in-depth knowledge and proficiency in the oral health care for infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special health care needs. ABPD certifies pediatric dentists who practice throughout the United States and internationally and is the only certifying Board for the specialty of Pediatric Dentistry recognized by the American Dental Association.
Dr. Stigers is an Associate Professor at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry and currently serves as director of the West Kentucky Mobile Dental Program. She is a graduate of Morehead State University and obtained her dental degree from the University of Kentucky. She completed a two year General Practice Residency at UK and then a residency in pediatric dentistry at Indiana University/James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.
Dr. Stigers became certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry in 1995 and was elected as a Director of the Board in 2008. She also currently serves as chair of the ABPD Examination Committee and has served as vice chair or chair of the Qualifying Examination Subcommittee from 2008 to 2012 in addition to other committee appointments throughout her tenure with the Board.
She also serves the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) as editor of its Reference Manual, an annual publication of oral health policies and clinical practice guidelines, and as chair of the Task Force on Strengthening the Science in AAPD's Guidelines and Journals. She was recipient of AAPD's Leadership Award in 2004 and selected as Pediatric Dentist of the Year in 2008. Dr. Stigers also was chosen as a member of the first cohort of the AAPD Leadership Institute at the Kellogg School of Management (2004-06).
Dr. Stigers is married to Stephen W. Stigers, M.D., D.M.D. They live in Cape Girardeau, Missouri with their daughter, Li Fu.
For more information, please contact ABPD World Headquarters at 319-341-8488.