- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Deer Creek Christian Academy Holds Open House
Deer Creek Christian Academy, a nonprofit, nondenominational K-8 school with pre-K, invites all parents and families to attend an open house Thursday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. at the school, 2039 Cape LaCroix Road in Cape Girardeau (at Rt. W).
Deer Creek offers individualized teaching that challenges academically gifted children, while offering personal attention to those who need extra help. Deer Creek's director, Jackie Brandtner, explains, "Deer Creek is ideal for gifted students who may not currently be challenged at school and for students who need a little extra help, really for all students at any level of learning. We intentionally keep our classes and teacher-to-student ratio small to nurture each student's special gifts at his or her own level of learning. We have had some students graduate and some move out of the area, which leaves us with a limited number of open spaces to welcome new students."
Deer Creek was established in 1997 by Brandtner and a small group of parents who desired a more individualized approach to learning for their children. For more information please call the school at 573-332-8966 or visit www.DeerCreekChristianAcademy.org.