- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Deer Creek Christian Academy Holds Open House
Deer Creek Christian Academy, a nonprofit, nondenominational K-8 school with pre-K, invites all parents and families to attend an open house Thursday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. at the school, 2039 Cape LaCroix Road in Cape Girardeau (at Rt. W).
Deer Creek offers individualized teaching that challenges academically gifted children, while offering personal attention to those who need extra help. Deer Creek's director, Jackie Brandtner, explains, "Deer Creek is ideal for gifted students who may not currently be challenged at school and for students who need a little extra help, really for all students at any level of learning. We intentionally keep our classes and teacher-to-student ratio small to nurture each student's special gifts at his or her own level of learning. We have had some students graduate and some move out of the area, which leaves us with a limited number of open spaces to welcome new students."
Deer Creek was established in 1997 by Brandtner and a small group of parents who desired a more individualized approach to learning for their children. For more information please call the school at 573-332-8966 or visit www.DeerCreekChristianAcademy.org.