- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Deer Creek Christian Academy Holds Open House
Deer Creek Christian Academy, a nonprofit, nondenominational K-8 school with pre-K, invites all parents and families to attend an open house Thursday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. at the school, 2039 Cape LaCroix Road in Cape Girardeau (at Rt. W).
Deer Creek offers individualized teaching that challenges academically gifted children, while offering personal attention to those who need extra help. Deer Creek's director, Jackie Brandtner, explains, "Deer Creek is ideal for gifted students who may not currently be challenged at school and for students who need a little extra help, really for all students at any level of learning. We intentionally keep our classes and teacher-to-student ratio small to nurture each student's special gifts at his or her own level of learning. We have had some students graduate and some move out of the area, which leaves us with a limited number of open spaces to welcome new students."
Deer Creek was established in 1997 by Brandtner and a small group of parents who desired a more individualized approach to learning for their children. For more information please call the school at 573-332-8966 or visit www.DeerCreekChristianAcademy.org.