- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Deer Creek Christian Academy Holds Open House
Deer Creek Christian Academy, a nonprofit, nondenominational K-8 school with pre-K, invites all parents and families to attend an open house Thursday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. at the school, 2039 Cape LaCroix Road in Cape Girardeau (at Rt. W).
Deer Creek offers individualized teaching that challenges academically gifted children, while offering personal attention to those who need extra help. Deer Creek's director, Jackie Brandtner, explains, "Deer Creek is ideal for gifted students who may not currently be challenged at school and for students who need a little extra help, really for all students at any level of learning. We intentionally keep our classes and teacher-to-student ratio small to nurture each student's special gifts at his or her own level of learning. We have had some students graduate and some move out of the area, which leaves us with a limited number of open spaces to welcome new students."
Deer Creek was established in 1997 by Brandtner and a small group of parents who desired a more individualized approach to learning for their children. For more information please call the school at 573-332-8966 or visit www.DeerCreekChristianAcademy.org.