- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Deer Creek Christian Academy Holds Open House
Deer Creek Christian Academy, a nonprofit, nondenominational K-8 school with pre-K, invites all parents and families to attend an open house Thursday, August 16, from 5-7 p.m. at the school, 2039 Cape LaCroix Road in Cape Girardeau (at Rt. W).
Deer Creek offers individualized teaching that challenges academically gifted children, while offering personal attention to those who need extra help. Deer Creek's director, Jackie Brandtner, explains, "Deer Creek is ideal for gifted students who may not currently be challenged at school and for students who need a little extra help, really for all students at any level of learning. We intentionally keep our classes and teacher-to-student ratio small to nurture each student's special gifts at his or her own level of learning. We have had some students graduate and some move out of the area, which leaves us with a limited number of open spaces to welcome new students."
Deer Creek was established in 1997 by Brandtner and a small group of parents who desired a more individualized approach to learning for their children. For more information please call the school at 573-332-8966 or visit www.DeerCreekChristianAcademy.org.