- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Central All School Booster Club Golf Tournament
If you love to play golf and you want to support Cape Central High School, plan to attend the 21st annual Cape Central High School All School Booster Club golf tournament.
The tournament will be held on Friday, July 6th at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. Last year, the booster club provided over $35,000 in support of the school's various athletic teams, student organizations, athletic department, school library, CHS Hall of Fame, and academic scholarships.
"The Central All School Booster Club funds both academic and athletic needs at CHS," says Scott McClanahan, president of the booster club. "It's all about the students at Central. The funds raised are put back into the school to enhance the high school experience both in the classroom and on the field. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to be able to help with a project or event that will impact most if not every student in the building."
The golf tournament is the booster club's largest fundraiser of the year.
"The Cape Central All School Booster Club golf tournament is a great way to give back to your school, and catch up with old friends," says Jerry Kratochvil, treasurer of the booster club and organizer of this year's tournament. "There are foursomes comprised of graduates from the 80's, 90's and 2000's, including a foursome from the class of 2011."
In addition, classmates from 1954, 1964, and 1977 are participating including the state championship baseball and basketball teams from 1964 and the state championship golf team from the class of 1977.
Hole in one prizes include a new Honda from Cape Girardeau Honda and a $10,000 cash giveaway as well as many other prizes. Both morning and afternoon tee times are available as well as various levels of sponsorship opportunities. To register a team for the golf tournament or to secure a sponsorship, please contact Jerry Kratochvil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (573)979-5716.