- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Central All School Booster Club Golf Tournament
If you love to play golf and you want to support Cape Central High School, plan to attend the 21st annual Cape Central High School All School Booster Club golf tournament.
The tournament will be held on Friday, July 6th at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. Last year, the booster club provided over $35,000 in support of the school's various athletic teams, student organizations, athletic department, school library, CHS Hall of Fame, and academic scholarships.
"The Central All School Booster Club funds both academic and athletic needs at CHS," says Scott McClanahan, president of the booster club. "It's all about the students at Central. The funds raised are put back into the school to enhance the high school experience both in the classroom and on the field. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to be able to help with a project or event that will impact most if not every student in the building."
The golf tournament is the booster club's largest fundraiser of the year.
"The Cape Central All School Booster Club golf tournament is a great way to give back to your school, and catch up with old friends," says Jerry Kratochvil, treasurer of the booster club and organizer of this year's tournament. "There are foursomes comprised of graduates from the 80's, 90's and 2000's, including a foursome from the class of 2011."
In addition, classmates from 1954, 1964, and 1977 are participating including the state championship baseball and basketball teams from 1964 and the state championship golf team from the class of 1977.
Hole in one prizes include a new Honda from Cape Girardeau Honda and a $10,000 cash giveaway as well as many other prizes. Both morning and afternoon tee times are available as well as various levels of sponsorship opportunities. To register a team for the golf tournament or to secure a sponsorship, please contact Jerry Kratochvil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (573)979-5716.