- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
Central All School Booster Club Golf Tournament
If you love to play golf and you want to support Cape Central High School, plan to attend the 21st annual Cape Central High School All School Booster Club golf tournament.
The tournament will be held on Friday, July 6th at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. Last year, the booster club provided over $35,000 in support of the school's various athletic teams, student organizations, athletic department, school library, CHS Hall of Fame, and academic scholarships.
"The Central All School Booster Club funds both academic and athletic needs at CHS," says Scott McClanahan, president of the booster club. "It's all about the students at Central. The funds raised are put back into the school to enhance the high school experience both in the classroom and on the field. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to be able to help with a project or event that will impact most if not every student in the building."
The golf tournament is the booster club's largest fundraiser of the year.
"The Cape Central All School Booster Club golf tournament is a great way to give back to your school, and catch up with old friends," says Jerry Kratochvil, treasurer of the booster club and organizer of this year's tournament. "There are foursomes comprised of graduates from the 80's, 90's and 2000's, including a foursome from the class of 2011."
In addition, classmates from 1954, 1964, and 1977 are participating including the state championship baseball and basketball teams from 1964 and the state championship golf team from the class of 1977.
Hole in one prizes include a new Honda from Cape Girardeau Honda and a $10,000 cash giveaway as well as many other prizes. Both morning and afternoon tee times are available as well as various levels of sponsorship opportunities. To register a team for the golf tournament or to secure a sponsorship, please contact Jerry Kratochvil at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (573)979-5716.