- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Police charge 18-year-old in shooting death; may have been accidental (12/11/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Three juveniles charged with making terrorist threat (12/11/16)
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Students, staff display positive behavior
Two students and a staff member at Perryville High School were recently honored as part of the school-wide Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program.
They are (from left) juniors Cody Hogan and Seth Noland, and PHS custodian Tina Berkbuegler. They each received a $10 gift certificate from Hoeckele Bakery in Perryville.
Students who are found going above and beyond the PBS expectations may be issued a Buccaneer Buck by administrators and faculty members. Students may then redeem their Buccaneer Buck for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance.
Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Buck will be entered into the monthly, quarterly, and semester PBS drawings, along with the names of staff members.