- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Heartland Writer's Guild February Meeting
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2pm on Sunday, February 19th in the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church in Jackson, with parking in the church lot.
Bonnie Stepenoff,author of five books,will speak of "Journaling to Publication". She recorded experiences working on a project at Big Spring in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways in a journal which became the book, Big Spring Autumn (Truman State University Press, 2008). Stepenoff worked for Missouri State Parks and then was a history professor at Southeast Missouri State University. A paperback version of her book, Thad Snow, a Life of Social Reform in the Bootheel, including a biography of Snow, will soon be released by The University of Missouri Press.
Persons interested in becoming acquainted with HWG are invited to attend. The purpose of HWG is to promote and support professionalism in published and unpublished authors and aid members toward the goal of successfully marketing what they write. Membership includes a subsciption to the monthly Heartland Writer's Journal and a membership directory as well as discounts on any HWG sponsored conferences. For more information see www.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org