- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Sarah Mittrucker Becomes CR Venturing VP of Adm
Sarah Mittrucker is the Central Region Vice President of Administration beginning June 1, 2011. She will be attending the Central Region Venturing Conference in June in Evansville, IN. She comes from the Greater St. Louis Area Council and lives in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Sarah is currently the Area 3 Vice President of Administration. She also is the President of the newly formed Shawnee District VOA.
Sarah Mittrucker is a founding member and in her 2nd term as President of Crew 4216 chartered by Knights of Columbus #11205 of Cape Girardeau, MO. She was also Vice President of Administration for Crew 4011 in 2008-2009. Sarah has earned the Venturing Bronze in Religious Life and Arts & Hobbies. Recently she has also earned her Gold and Silver Awards. She has also earned the Pope Pius XII Award. She has completed VLSC and completed a Kodiak at Philmont Scout Ranch in July 2009. Sarah was part of the Technology Quest staff at the 2010 National BSA Jamboree . Sarah will attend the World Scout Jamboree in the summer of 2011 in Rinkaby, Sweden. Also she is attending the Biennial St. George Trek sponsored by the National Catholic Committee on Scouting in July 2011 at Philmont Scout Ranch.
Sarah is also a Member of Girl Scout Troop 50013 and has earned her Bronze and Silver Awards and is currently working on the highest award of the Girl Scouts - the Gold Award.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council has honored her with the Council's Venturing Leadership Award.
Sarah is a junior at Notre Dame Regional High School. She is active in her school's Girls Varsity Swim Team, Vice President of the Junior Class and involved in many clubs at her school. She has been the assistant director for her school's fall and spring productions in 2010-2011. She is also active with her Youth Group at St. Vincent De Paul Parish and volunteers with various parish ministries. Sarah is also a Big Sister in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program at Blanchard Elementary School. She has also been an active volunteer with the Special Olympics for several years.
Sarah hopes to promote and inform Venturers of awards in Venturing along with the Venturing Office Association. Sarah hopes to attend Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO and Major in Business and Non-Profit Administration with an emphasis in Outdoor Recreation. She hopes to some day work in one of the High Adventure bases. She wants to work with Boy Scouts/ Venturing either as a career or volunteering.