- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Re-Creation USA Performs for Veterans
Residents and staff of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau were treated to Broadway-style entertainment on Friday, November 12, performed by Re-Creation USA. This troupe of young, volunteer entertainers performs at VA hospitals and State Veterans Homes across the country. Their hour-long show included dynamic vocal renditions of Broadway favorites, intricate dance and choreography, and a patriotic tribute to the Veterans.
Re-Creation was founded in 1976 and performs in all 50 states. These performances are made possible by support from Help Hospitalized Verterans, the BVL (Bowlers to Veterans Link), local Elks Lodges, and The Veterans Fund.