- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Re-Creation USA Performs for Veterans
Residents and staff of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau were treated to Broadway-style entertainment on Friday, November 12, performed by Re-Creation USA. This troupe of young, volunteer entertainers performs at VA hospitals and State Veterans Homes across the country. Their hour-long show included dynamic vocal renditions of Broadway favorites, intricate dance and choreography, and a patriotic tribute to the Veterans.
Re-Creation was founded in 1976 and performs in all 50 states. These performances are made possible by support from Help Hospitalized Verterans, the BVL (Bowlers to Veterans Link), local Elks Lodges, and The Veterans Fund.