- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Re-Creation USA Performs for Veterans
Residents and staff of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau were treated to Broadway-style entertainment on Friday, November 12, performed by Re-Creation USA. This troupe of young, volunteer entertainers performs at VA hospitals and State Veterans Homes across the country. Their hour-long show included dynamic vocal renditions of Broadway favorites, intricate dance and choreography, and a patriotic tribute to the Veterans.
Re-Creation was founded in 1976 and performs in all 50 states. These performances are made possible by support from Help Hospitalized Verterans, the BVL (Bowlers to Veterans Link), local Elks Lodges, and The Veterans Fund.