- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Re-Creation USA Performs for Veterans
Residents and staff of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau were treated to Broadway-style entertainment on Friday, November 12, performed by Re-Creation USA. This troupe of young, volunteer entertainers performs at VA hospitals and State Veterans Homes across the country. Their hour-long show included dynamic vocal renditions of Broadway favorites, intricate dance and choreography, and a patriotic tribute to the Veterans.
Re-Creation was founded in 1976 and performs in all 50 states. These performances are made possible by support from Help Hospitalized Verterans, the BVL (Bowlers to Veterans Link), local Elks Lodges, and The Veterans Fund.