- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
Emerson, Local GOP Officials Dedicate Headquarters
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- With the election a little over two months away, members of the Cape Girardeau Republican Central Committee hosted more than 140 people for barbecue and refreshments on Sunday to dedicate the Committee's headquarters located in the heart of downtown Cape Girardeau.
"In just a few short months the people of Cape Girardeau will have the chance to send a clear message to the liberal establishment -- we've had enough," said Evan Trump, Chairman of the Cape Girardeau Republican Central Committee. "As the campaign season kicks into high gear, we are honored to welcome so many members of the public and our outstanding Republican candidates for local and federal office to our headquarters."
Candidates for federal and local office including U.S. Representative Jo Ann Emerson, State Representatives Billy Pat Wright and Ellen Brandom of the 159th and 160th Districts, State Representative Clint Tracy, candidate for Cape Girardeau County Presiding Commissioner, Cape Girardeau County Auditor Pete Frazier, Scott Clark, candidate for Cape Girardeau County Recorder of Deeds, as well as Lloyd Smith, Executive Director of the Missouri Republican Party all attended.
Emerson, who offered keynote remarks, stressed the need to return a conservative majority to Washington who could help her "fire Nancy Pelosi."
"With your help, we can put an end to the disastrous Obama-Pelosi policies and get our economy growing again," said Emerson. "The higher taxes and onerous regulations like we saw in the healthcare takeover are stifling innovation. We don't need bigger government; we need government to get out of the way."
The headquarters will officially open on Tuesday, September 14 and those interested in getting involved should contact Evan Trump at 573.576.4553.