- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Let 2009 be the year we focus on service to others!
The Holiday Season often brings with it thoughts of doing good for our fellow man. Unfortunately, once the holidays fade, those thoughts of servitude often do so as well. Don't let that happen to you this year. Learn more about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children )and how everyday citizens are making phenomenal differences in the lives of abused and neglected children in your community. These children are innocent victims who deserve a voice and a person to fight for them. you can become that person. last year, CASA Volunteers in Cape Girardeau, Perry and Bollinger Counties served almost 100 children. Unfortunately, the need is greater and we need MORE volunteers to step forward. Please come to a CASA Volunteer Informational Meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 6- 7 p.n., 937 Broadway, Kasten Conference Room, Cape Girardeau, Missouri or call Revonda Kirby at 573-335-1726 for more information. we also encourage you to visit www.capecasa.com. Make a differnce in teh life of a child!