- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Let 2009 be the year we focus on service to others!
The Holiday Season often brings with it thoughts of doing good for our fellow man. Unfortunately, once the holidays fade, those thoughts of servitude often do so as well. Don't let that happen to you this year. Learn more about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children )and how everyday citizens are making phenomenal differences in the lives of abused and neglected children in your community. These children are innocent victims who deserve a voice and a person to fight for them. you can become that person. last year, CASA Volunteers in Cape Girardeau, Perry and Bollinger Counties served almost 100 children. Unfortunately, the need is greater and we need MORE volunteers to step forward. Please come to a CASA Volunteer Informational Meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 6- 7 p.n., 937 Broadway, Kasten Conference Room, Cape Girardeau, Missouri or call Revonda Kirby at 573-335-1726 for more information. we also encourage you to visit www.capecasa.com. Make a differnce in teh life of a child!