- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Let 2009 be the year we focus on service to others!
The Holiday Season often brings with it thoughts of doing good for our fellow man. Unfortunately, once the holidays fade, those thoughts of servitude often do so as well. Don't let that happen to you this year. Learn more about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children )and how everyday citizens are making phenomenal differences in the lives of abused and neglected children in your community. These children are innocent victims who deserve a voice and a person to fight for them. you can become that person. last year, CASA Volunteers in Cape Girardeau, Perry and Bollinger Counties served almost 100 children. Unfortunately, the need is greater and we need MORE volunteers to step forward. Please come to a CASA Volunteer Informational Meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 6- 7 p.n., 937 Broadway, Kasten Conference Room, Cape Girardeau, Missouri or call Revonda Kirby at 573-335-1726 for more information. we also encourage you to visit www.capecasa.com. Make a differnce in teh life of a child!