- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Let 2009 be the year we focus on service to others!
The Holiday Season often brings with it thoughts of doing good for our fellow man. Unfortunately, once the holidays fade, those thoughts of servitude often do so as well. Don't let that happen to you this year. Learn more about CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children )and how everyday citizens are making phenomenal differences in the lives of abused and neglected children in your community. These children are innocent victims who deserve a voice and a person to fight for them. you can become that person. last year, CASA Volunteers in Cape Girardeau, Perry and Bollinger Counties served almost 100 children. Unfortunately, the need is greater and we need MORE volunteers to step forward. Please come to a CASA Volunteer Informational Meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 6- 7 p.n., 937 Broadway, Kasten Conference Room, Cape Girardeau, Missouri or call Revonda Kirby at 573-335-1726 for more information. we also encourage you to visit www.capecasa.com. Make a differnce in teh life of a child!