- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Cape Youth Tackle Football Crowns 2008 Fall Champions!
Cape Youth Tackle Football (CYTF) crowned their fall 2008 season champions at Houck Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2008. Over 1500 fans attended the four games played that day and saw four really close games.
The Sailer Roofing Saints won the league title in the "Little" League (grades 2-3) by defeating the Cape Care for Women (CCFW) Colts in the last minute of the game 22-20. The Saints ended the season 5-1.
The Merrill Lynch Broncos won the title in the "Big" league (grades 4-7) by defeating the Andy's Frozen Custard Packers 6-0 in a defensive battle. Coach Eric Redinger's team also finished the season 5-1 to win the championship!