- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Cape Youth Tackle Football Crowns 2008 Fall Champions!
Cape Youth Tackle Football (CYTF) crowned their fall 2008 season champions at Houck Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2008. Over 1500 fans attended the four games played that day and saw four really close games.
The Sailer Roofing Saints won the league title in the "Little" League (grades 2-3) by defeating the Cape Care for Women (CCFW) Colts in the last minute of the game 22-20. The Saints ended the season 5-1.
The Merrill Lynch Broncos won the title in the "Big" league (grades 4-7) by defeating the Andy's Frozen Custard Packers 6-0 in a defensive battle. Coach Eric Redinger's team also finished the season 5-1 to win the championship!