Speak Out: And where do your money to help the needy go?

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 10:04 PM:

Replies (18)

• This is why we have to soak the "rich" - that 2%. Not to mention the 20+ tax increases in Obamacare.

So the "poor" can have cable TV, free food, housing assistance, WIC, 99 weeks of unemployment and of course Obamaphones.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 10:33 PM
  • Regret, A hard working gal I know says she hopes they don't do away with EBT cards. That's how she gets her groceries at half cost; gives her list to her welfare friend and pays her cash at half price for the goodies.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 11:18 PM
  • -- Posted by chocolate thread on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 6:38 AM
  • Boys and Girls you simply must lay off the welfare takers. They are Barrack Hussein Obama's core supporters. They are a large part of the more than 50% Common likes to speak of.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 9:45 AM
  • I had my own run in with EBT card abuse at a grocery store Sunday. While wandering the aisles I kept bumping into what I believe was a grandmother and two morbidly obese preteens. Her cart did not have one food of any nutritional value. Prepackaged donuts and snack cakes,white bread,chips,snacks,cheapest boloney and hotdogs,etc. Really none of my business but it was like a car wreck I couldn't take my eyes off. It was none of my business until we all happened to be in the same checkout line. Here I am spending my money on what I consider a pretty well balanced diet. Grandma pulls out the EBT card and spends MY money on a cart full of sugary high fat CR#P. Look at what you have created in these two fat kids,Grams. Spend wisely and feed them nutritionally good food.

The other side of this is there should stricter controls on what foods can be purchased. It's a simple fix to bar code what can be purchased with these cards.

If Boris and Natasha were really interested in the obesity problems in this country that would be a great way to start,but of course that would endanger their base voting bloc.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:44 AM
  • dab what you witnessed was OJT. Yes on the job training. These kids course in life has been set and their kids and their kids.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:52 AM
  • Mowrangler and Nil, very good observations. Maybe by attrition BHO's base will eliminate themselves.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 11:27 AM
  • Spaniard-I am big,dumb and ugly but not stupid. I wear glasses but I'm not blind. SHEESH!

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:18 PM
  • Dab,

How did you know that was Granny and two fat grandkids? Maybe they were sheepdogs walking around on their hind legs. You did say you wore glasses.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 4:14 PM
  • dab1969

Seen the same thing. That lady probably has a handicap card on her window even though she didn't need it. According to checkout folks they are the rudest also.

Nil

But if they get sick we will pay Hundreds of thousands to take care of there stroked out a****. Its a lose lose lose situation. I like ricks idea but throw in some chicken broth for flavor. Nip it in the bud as Barney Fife said.

Spanyard

You cant spin this.

Wheels

What do you want to bet the back seat of the car is a mess of fast food wrappers and spilled food stains.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 4:47 PM
  • Wheels

What do you want to bet the back seat of the car is a mess of fast food wrappers and spilled food stains.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 4:47 PM

Regrets,

That's a sucker bet. Was that just a lucky guess on your part? :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 5:39 PM
  • Didn't see what they left in but it probably in a handicap slot or double parked at the door with someone on their Obama phone playing games. Pretty sure those weren't sheepdogs. A mother dog feeds it's young better food.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 5:40 PM
  • Whells

I am just magnificently brilliant.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 5:59 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:30 PM
  • The sad part is that there are more young people than most think working two and sometimes three part time jobs to get by and feed their children. Hard hearted logic would say they made their bed...

I think if the rules were changed to cut out the true abusers there would be room in the programs to give a helping hand to those with a work ethic.

Part of a helping hand up could be a little educational effort on how to better manage finances supported by the liberal do-gooders behind all the backpack and food drive programs.

And yes, I am challenged to understand why the hard working people I mention put such priority on having a high dollar phone device.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:44 PM
  • Go back to the old USDA commodity days where we had accountability instead of this system today of EBT cards where fraud runs rampant. Once a month pick your allotted commodities up. We need to stop a lot of this crap it is being abused the system is not working because no one is policing it.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 4:25 PM
  • We need to stop a lot of this crap it is being abused the system is not working because no one is policing it.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 4:25 PM

Its too big. It should go back to the commodity system since this isn't working and will only get worse. And if you think this is bad wait until Obamacare comes knocking.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 5:47 PM
  • Dennis Miller said a few minutes ago that he sees nothing wrong with buying edible underwear at strip clubs using food stamp money.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 7:58 PM

Respond to this thread