Speak Out: Missouri Drivers License

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 5:31 PM:

Renewed mine couple of weeks ago. Took all that crap with me. Handed it to the lady and she said I didn't need that stuff this time. I know I'm not special. Maybe I look Latin American?

Replies (7)

• If you are 65 or oder (think I have the age correct) you do not have to have a birth certificate to renew your Missouri Drivers License.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 5:47 PM
  • Dang, all I needed last time was my passport, and that was a step up from the time before where just presented the old license.

Have an ever-growing appreciation of what my grandparents always used to say - life is getting just too complicated! With all these labor- and time-saving devices, why is it that everyone seems more busy and more tired?

-- Posted by fxpwt on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 5:54 PM
  • Well, the lady told me I must have presented my birth cert. Within the last 5 yrs. As my licence was renewed 6 yrs ago, I have no idea what she was talking about. Was just happy I passed the eye exam.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 6:04 PM
  • Easy Money: This is part of the Patriot Act passed back in 2002/2003. This is required law now on renewing your drivers license. All States are required to do this. We had and still do have so many illegals in the country which would just walk in and renew there license and were never checked prior to the Patriot Act being passed.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 6:47 PM
  • This is what Ron Paul speaks about all the time is many of our liberties are being taken from us right before our eyes. Mr. Paul has been very consistent with this and he does have a point.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 8:15 PM
  • Finally your current license(assuming you've been licensed 15+ years) is sufficient ID to at least buy you a one year renewal to figure out how to get the above information should you be unable to produce them.

-- Posted by Nil on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 8:48 PM

Apparently not all driver's license peddlers know the rules either. I had one really ****** off son-in-law who was offered no option but to gather up everything they wanted before he was going to get even an hours extension by showing his current license, let alone a year. This happened early in the game as I remember it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 9:17 PM
  • -- Posted by DTower on Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 5:31 PM

Same here.

-- Posted by 356 on Wed, Jan 11, 2012, at 7:09 AM

Respond to this thread