Speak Out: Nice thread.... Time to make Thanksgiving dinner.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 24, 2010, at 11:59 AM:

Was searching around for something for the kids to snack on I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oUVwyFsZI&feature=related

Here is this years cake...er ...pie..er... Cherpumple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4yWTLIPaE&feature=player_embedded

Tomorrow it the fried Turkey and a few croissants to throw in for snacks while it is cooking. You gonna die sooner or later so why go out hungry?

Replies (20)

• Wheels, You forgot to post the directions to your house, or were you driving the house over here?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 24, 2010, at 12:14 PM
  • Old John

My family and I did Thanksgiving on Sunday. We started that so it would be one less place the kids would have to go and choke down some more turkey all the while swearing it was the best they ever ate after which they still had at least one more place to go.

So with nothing else to do, my wife volunteers us at a church which I have never been to.... To help serve turkey no less.

So... I suppose you will have to show up there. Sorry for not thinking of your needs earlier. :-) :-) :-) :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 24, 2010, at 1:52 PM
  • The pie is going to be a new thing. It should take at least 3 months off my life. Gotta die from something.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 24, 2010, at 2:39 PM
  • Happy Thanksgiving, guys! ☺

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 1:28 PM
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all.☺☺☺

-- Posted by Acronym on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 1:41 PM
  • Why, Happy Thanksgiving Turnips, we had about written you off. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 2:53 PM
  • Happy Happy!!!! Hi Turn!!!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 6:30 PM
  • Happy Thanksgiving to All!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 8:08 PM
  • Wheels, Did you deep fry anything? And did anyone make one of those pies inside the cakes thing?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Nov 25, 2010, at 11:49 PM
  • Old John,

Did not fry anything or make a pie cake.

I spent part of today working at a Turkey dinner sponsored by 6 seperate churches of various denominations that served to anyone who wanted to come, rich or poor. My wife volunteered us for this deal. This was the first I heard of this operation, but they tell me they have been doing it for twelve years now.

Then I just kind of settled in, out of the cold.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 12:40 AM
  • By the way Old John,

How did you amuse yourself today?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 12:41 AM
  • Wheels, As I am normally off work on Thursday, I pleasured myself in knowing the other guy was off because I worked in his place. And I got overtime at the evening rate.

I'm going to use that overtime money to make a down payment on a new ladder for my wife so she can feel safe when she cleans the gutters this spring. I'm just that kind of guy!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 1:08 AM
  • Old John,

I bet every woman in Cape county is envious of your wife. Hell make that the whole midwest.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 9:30 AM
  • Wheels, She was thrilled, said she could work Christmas and New Year's day and almost get the ladder paid for. She also thought well of my idea to purchase of a new suit. When I look good it makes her proud. We can replace her broken curling iron later when we have some cash saved up.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 10:09 AM
  • I see a lump of coal in your future OJ

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 11:23 AM
  • Old John: Bet it's a Werner-ladder too, ain't it?(My wife likes the wider-steps on it, unlike the old Ames-brand one we replaced it with.)

MY Thanksgiving treat consisted of a drumstick w/all the trimmings, followed by a golden-delicious apple as I enjoyed a good $4-dollar cigar.

Just me, the wife, and two-cats an' the dog. No other humans involved.

And that's EXACTLY the way WE wanted it.....!☺!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 12:27 PM
  • donk, She picked out the one with two warnings on each step and three cautions on each side. Those bright yellow and orange decals go well with the apron I bought her for her birthday.

Just the wife and me here, no other animals involved, and we work different shifts.

Actually if a person wants a really nice turkey and everything meal, Wheels has the idea. I'm guessing he found some of his favorite foods there and had fun too.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 12:51 PM
  • I was kinda hesitant about buying my first 25-footer with the reinforced-fiberglass side-frames, as opposed to the old-original all-aluminum style we replaced.

But once we discovered how much easier it was to transport and place, we LOVED it!

And, it has the flat-top rungs, instead of the "slip-and-die-screaming" round ones. Much easier on BOTH our nerves, regardless of who drew the short-straw for climbing it...! ☺!

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, at 9:37 PM
  • I'm not fond of turkey or any kind of fowl, but Trig is. He ate a gracious plenty and spent the rest of the day (except for go out time) all curled up in his favorite easy chair under his favorite blanket. His admination was quite clear. "I'm full, I'm sleepy, and don't bother me. Life is good!"

Love that little dog!

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Nov 27, 2010, at 4:00 AM
  • witch witch moan moan aaaaaaaaahhhhhh what a relief it is

-- Posted by ho ho ho on Sat, Nov 27, 2010, at 3:53 PM

Respond to this thread