Speak Out: What sequestration? LETS VACA!!

Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 10:37 AM:

President's vacation to cost taxpayers $60-$100 million

WASHINGTON (KGO) -- What could be one of the most expensive presidential vacations in history is raising some eyebrows.

President Obama and his family are planning an 8-day trip to Africa and the estimated cost for taxpayers is $100 million.

The Washington Post obtained a confidential document that outlines the extent of the presidential-sized preparations. It includes hundreds of agents to guard the family, military planes to airlift 14 limousines and 42 other vehicles, and enough bulletproof glass to cover windows at all of the president's hotels.

An aircraft carrier with a full medical center will also be nearby and fighter jets will protect airspace around the clock.

And that's just for starters. I think there is also a Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii trip planned. Those two are to be with the regular folks I assume. Guess he was right stopping WH tours because no one's home. Nothing to see there.

Replies (78)

• bo; Thanks for keeping track of presidential trips since Jan 20, 2009. We appreciate it.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 10:58 AM
  • At my age, no one should be wishing his/her life away, but I find it very hard sitting here waiting for January 20, 2017 to arrive. Hopefully America will then have a working President again.

Best description of this Community Organizer and I believe it was given by Charles Krauthammer the other evening was that 'Obama is a bystander to his own Presidency'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3uuZucGUNc

And as Krauthammer says when some new comes up.... he acts like he just came upon the scene of an accident.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 11:01 AM
  • This is the upcoming schedule,lefty. You need to keep updated. Got any better plans for the Obamas to utilize their vacation time?

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 11:04 AM
  • Do they play golf in the "Dark Continent"?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 11:25 AM
  • Here's a few suggestions for the First Family:

Go to Chicago. That may require more security tho.

Go to Crawford,Texas and cut firewood.

Go to Camp David and teach the girls firearm safety.

Go to Moore,OK and help tornado victims.

Go visit Boston Bombing victims.

Or a few things real people have to do for fun:

Go to Walmart and sit in the lawn furniture.

Buy a plastic pool and sit with your feet in it.

Take the girls on a drive around the Capital till they fall asleep then tell them they just got back from Six Flags.

Stay at a Motel 6. Bo can stay,too!!

Go to the Redneck Riviera(Ft Walton).

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 11:31 AM
  • Bot, I'm starting to look back with more respect for Jimmy Carter using some of his vacation time at a Habitat for Humanity project.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 12:21 PM
  • They tried making Royalty out of the Kennedys called it Camelot.

Now we have the Obamas who have truly turned the Presidency into a state of royalty.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 12:31 PM
  • I bet'cha the President will learn about this on the TV News too

-- Posted by .Dissident on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 12:54 PM

That's where bystanders who are not in the loop get their information Diss.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 1:01 PM
  • I like what Bubba Clinton called Obama's Presidency:

"A vacuum".

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • Wow, Obama is just a caricature. Isn't it ridiculous? It's like he's a SNL parody of a president.

At first I felt angry and frustrated. Now I feel sorry for these people...the Obamas...they must be really empty inside. They are just flying here, flying there, totally restless...looking for the next great sight, the next big entertainment. They have nothing to draw on from within to spend their days. No fund of knowledge. No 'inner life of the mind.' No useful work to do with their hands, like taking out all their window screens to wash them, cleaning their gutters, picking/washing/pitting a gallon of sour cherries for the freezer for winter pies, no laundry, nothing for their hands to do while their mind is recreating with some really weighty ideas like "what is the role of government?" and "what does it mean to be free?"

They are pitiable. Just too bad we have to subsidize it all.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 1:57 PM
  • Liberty,what a great observation. Absolutely spot on. I could only add one word-oblivious.

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 3:20 PM
  • I wasn't going to mention this again because I find it insulting to the Jeffersons.

But they are truly "Movin on up, to the East Side".

Definitely letting people know they are "New Money" people.

The Jeffersons were a sit-com, this pair unfortunately are America's bad example of the "Ugly American".

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 3:49 PM
  • "They have nothing to draw on from within to spend their days. No fund of knowledge. No 'inner life of the mind.'"

And you gleaned this knowledge from your frequent and intimate visits to the White House?

At least no one can accuse you of not having a vivid imagination.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 4:01 PM
  • The Obamas are not totally useless,they can always be used as a bad example.

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 4:52 PM
  • Diss,

This is a George and Weesie thing, cannot talk about children, they must be left out of discussions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 6:25 PM
  • commonsensematters,

In a world where leadership has come to mean "I feel your pain," and where the free market, which should be the aggregate of the infinitesimally small transactions performed free of coercion, is instead described in terms of "consumer confidence", feelings have become paramount.

The leader of our country feels like giving weaponry to an ill-defined anti-government mob in another country. The leader of our country feels like saying that doctors, corporately (i.e., ALL of them), are 'taking out tonsils when they shouldn't just to make a profit' (paraphrased). The leader of our country feels that he should tolerate--no, encourage--the assumption of hundreds of trillions of dollars in debt for MY children to become slaves to repay.

Well, I'm going to lay on some of my own feelings, since that seems to be what is of utmost importance. Why should we confuse the picture with any facts? I FEEL that this individual and his kith and kin are restless, bored, unable to sit quietly in a chair reading a book from the free public library, or to do useful wealth-generating work while they ponder the consequences of what they have engineered. I FEEL that they are uncomfortable with their own thoughts. I FEEL that their situation (especially the wife and daughters) is in a way pitiable.

I would go to the White House and explain my feelings, if I

1) Could afford to, which I cannot because I must save to pay my $75,000 share of the low-ball estimate of the national debt, and

2) Could get in, which I cannot, because that's not the way things work anymore, and

3) Thought it would do any good, which I do not.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 9:18 PM
  • "Why should we confuse the picture with any facts?"

Why not?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 9:53 PM
  • "And you gleaned this knowledge from your frequent and intimate visits to the White House?"

And where do you glean your info from,common?

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 10:14 PM
  • "CNN reprts Obama's approval rating is now lower then anytime during BushII's Administration among the younger generation -- it's BushII's fault again !!"

After people found out what Obama really was Bush's number started to rise.

BTW Pelosi is worth $24 million. I bet that Obamacare is just tearing up her finances. Think she is worried about the regular folk?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 10:17 PM
  • I'll gladly wait while you get the facts on why the leader of our country and his family have had more vacations, costing more money, than most average citizens will have in their lifetime. Do you have the number to the family's residence so you can call them? The media seems unable to provide this information.

One more foray into my feelings: it feels like real excess, and insensitive to the plight of the average citizen to boot.

Why are these vacations needed? Is it R&R? Is it boredom? Is it for education? Gee, if it's for education, shouldn't the federal government be looking after everyone's education? Is it necessary for international relations? Are they taking money abroad? (Oops, couldn't refrain from throwing that out there....)

Do the underwriters of all these holidays (the generators of wealth, which would exclude those dependent on government largesse: those on entitlements, and those in government employ; and all those being slowly robbed by the 'inflation tax' of fiat currency creation) deserve to know why these are necessary?

Maybe if we had the facts as to why these expensive trips were needed, a cheaper alternative could be found (therapy, for example.)

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Jun 17, 2013, at 10:20 PM
  • Wheels, Here's Archie Bunkers's take on Obama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=hL5_2wxftTU&NR=1

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 12:01 AM
  • Old John,

Archie ain't funny.... he's right!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 12:36 AM
  • OJ

Aint it a b**** when the past jumps up and slaps you in the face..

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 12:21 PM
  • Reading some movie reviews and came across Elysium.

"In the year 2154 only the wealthiest live on a distant planet while the rest of humanity exists on a ruined Earth".

Kinda like the distant world Obama lives in.

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 1:22 PM
  • Just can't get that bush taste outa your mouth,eh, spaniard?

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 5:37 PM
  • Hey,spaniard, you didn't read your own link very well either. Your comments were in error, much like the biased link.

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 5:43 PM
  • Bush2 costing $1.4 million? Why that's just a cocktail party expense for the Obamas. Keep rinsing.

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 6:18 PM
  • Let's see the apples to apples liberal comparison here.

$1.3 million to support former president Bush for a year.

$100 million for the Obama's to VACATION in Africa.

Yep. I see the logic there. You guys are so desperate with all these scandals and criminal activity in a man you voted for twice. Keep groping for those straws...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 6:18 PM
  • You beat me to it Bo!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 6:19 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 6:40 PM
  • I try to be the Watchdog,Dug.

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 6:42 PM
  • What sequestration? Boehner says "Let's vote on the ACA for the 37th time costing $55 million and we know it has no chance of going anywhere" Now that's progress. I've never been a Pelosi fan but I have to say she has more of a spine and bigger b**** than John Boehner.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 10:19 AM
  • $55 million to vote on the ACA 37 times? What liberal site did you read to come up with that fantasy number? Are you assuming that the cost of that is to fly everyone to DC, turn on the lights for the first time, vote and then fly everyone home?

Absurd. It's amazing what some people will believe. Were you just as upset at the cost of debating and pushing the ACA bill for weeks before it was passed with MILLIONS in giveaways to a few senators?

I think not.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 10:40 AM
  • It makes little difference if it was $55 million, $5 million, or $5, the stupidity of 37 senseless vote to repeal something that is "un-repealable" is clear.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • Broad statement that "un repealable". Defunding is happening now and oh yeah, elections coming up. The only thing then is Obama vetoing against the will of the majority just to save his "legacy".

-- Posted by bothedog on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 11:20 AM
  • "....oh yeah, elections coming up."

It might be prudent for republicans to act less "stupid" (as pointed out by fellow republicans) otherwise they could end up as a minority in the House in 2014.

How much weight will their claims carry with a record of 37 worthless votes on the ACA, and zero votes on creating jobs, immigration, or deficit reduction.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • It makes little difference if it was $55 million, $5 million, or $5, the stupidity of 37 senseless vote to repeal something that is "un-repealable" is clear. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 10:51 AM

You complain about congressional votes and say that even $5 for 37 votes is stupid. But that $100 MILLION vacation to Africa for the Obama's - now that's money well spent. After cutting white house tours, cutting the FAA, etc. You're an Obama hack Common. That's all there is to it.

I don't remember you complaining about the MILLIONS spent to get the ACA passed for Nebraska, Louisiana and a few others. Hypocrisy is thy name.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:06 PM
  • Thanks,Dug. Can't keep common's memory in check all by myself.

-- Posted by bothedog on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:20 PM
  • "...$5 for 37 votes is stupid."

As usual you're confused. I specified that it was stupid when it's for senseless votes that mean nothing.

Furthermore you are seldom able to differentiate apples from oranges. If a diplomatic trip to Africa ends up generating billions of dollars in new trade, why would that be a bad thing? All you have to go on is your own biased opinion of what things are worth. Plus you fall into the republican "if he's for it, we're against it" trap.

Were the President to proclaim that the sun rises in the east, you'd try to find some way to call him a liar and insist that the "republican sun" sets in the east.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:38 PM
  • If a diplomatic trip to Africa ends up generating billions of dollars in new trade, why would that be a bad thing?

Common, If some African wants to give billions of dollars in trade for Obama, I will say that's a good thing!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:45 PM
  • A question Under Obama care I have not heard answered is this: A couple with assets of maybe a million dollars making $40-50,000 gets subsidised insurance?

Before a knee-jerk opinion, consider many with a small farm struggling to get by have such assets according to the tax man.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 1:06 PM
  • If a diplomatic trip to Africa ends up generating billions of dollars in new trade. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:38 PM

As your liberal friend would say.... Source please.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 1:09 PM
  • If a diplomatic trip to Africa ends up generating billions of dollars in new trade, why would that be a bad thing?

Common, If some African wants to give billions of dollars in trade for Obama, I will say that's a good thing!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 12:45 PM

Old John,

Common is getting smarter.... he used that huge word, IF.

So far as what you would take for Obama..... if someone over there has $50, I say leave him there. Good thing I'm not driving Air Force 1, I'd take off without him anyway.

I have been know to leave people. Someone missed a headcount leaving a restaurant on the hill one night and I left a guy from Texas that I didn't even know there. Had 7 people in my van going and only 6 coming back. That's what happens when you depend on someone else to count.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 1:26 PM
  • Wheels, Did you all leave before or after the check arrived? :)

Back at 11:00

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 1:30 PM
  • Old John,

It was a group thing and I did not receive the check.

A trade show and convention I worked for three days and I got one free meal for pay.... I work cheap.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 1:42 PM
  • "...I was under the impression this was a vacation..."

Guess you were wrong...

Is there some reason why the nation's first President with an African-American heritage should not make a trip to Africa?

"President Obama and the First Lady look forward to traveling to Senegal, South Africa, and Tanzania from June 26 - July 3. The President will reinforce the importance that the United States places on our deep and growing ties with countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including through expanding economic growth, investment, and trade; strengthening democratic institutions; and investing in the next generation of African leaders."

"The President will meet with a wide array of leaders from government, business, and civil society, including youth, to discuss our strategic partnerships on bilateral and global issues. The trip will underscore the President's commitment to broadening and deepening cooperation between the United States and the people of sub-Saharan Africa to advance regional and global peace and prosperity."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 4:54 PM
  • Just wondering how commons dial up can find those press releases from MSNBC so quick? Must have it set for liberal bias. When any sub Saharan country can be counted on to return billions to the US that will be newsworthy. Until then that itinery common posted was just a ruse to get taxpayers to pay for the entire vacation.

-- Posted by bothedog on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 6:09 PM
  • "The trip will underscore the President's commitment to broadening and deepening cooperation between the United States and the people of sub-Saharan Africa to advance regional and global peace and prosperity."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 4:54 PM

"Peace and Prosperity" Oh Yes.... promised by the same lying politician that promised us "Hope and Change"! Something else he did not deliver on. I just hope there is a change soon.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 6:24 PM
  • "...nephew is a Federal Agent and has been with-in 50 feet..."

It would seem that your nephew might be more influenced by your hatred of the President than from being within "50 feet" of him 3 times in 5 years.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 8:27 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 8:27 PM

Common,

It is not that difficult to make a judgement on the character of a man without hating him.

Why do you feel hatred is always involved when someone identifies Obama as the failure he has turned out to be. I believe you would try to spin the fact that he is black into why he should be considered white. Now work on it a little and you should be able to spin that into something racial.... which it is not, just a statement trying to define you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 10:46 PM
  • So it's called investing in the next generation of African leaders? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 21, 2013, at 11:00 PM
  • "...to make a judgement on the character of a man..."

First of all, it depends on what you are basing this "judgement" on. Were you to only read descriptions of the President on SO, you may make one "judgement" which could be reinforced if you decide to believe nothing of what the President says.

If one uses less biased sources, and accept existing national and world condtions, you could make a different "judgement." Clearly the majority of American voters did not agree with you concerning last year's election results.

To explain why someone may "feel hatred is always involved" you need only to recall the unadulterated vitriol and antagonistic bitterness that is evident on many SO pages. Most or at least many of these are personal attacks involving way more that a "dislike of policies" or a "preference" for conservative stances.

Finally, viewing President Obama "as the failure he has turned out to be," is also completely a matter of opinion. One of the first was Limbaugh with his "I want the President to fail" statements. The fact is that "failure" is not the case. The nation is still operating much as before, and some call it a "failure" by citing a few illustrations, while there are thousands of examples that dispute "failure." It's just your opinion, and you welcome to it as always.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 8:18 AM
  • Clearly,you only get your opinion from unbiased sources, common.....;)

-- Posted by bothedog on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 9:36 AM
  • Scared, like all ex presidents obama will still be on a free ride. $1 million speaking fees,travel,etc. got it made in the shade. There will still be addicts that think he has something to say. Wait till then to let someone else pick up his tab. Bet he's never picked up a dinner tab his whole life.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 3:39 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 8:18 AM

Common,

I have considered your obviously biased opinions to be that and quite idiotic to say the least. Now you can add egotistical to the list by presuming to tell me and others how to form an opinion. I think I may have learned that while you were still in knee pants. I assessed the situation with Obama way before he was elected for President and it came from no bias. I once thought he had something on the ball, but his 2008 campaign, started back in 2007 told me all I needed to know about the man. He turned out exactly as I thought he would.... all hat and few cattle.

So far as the 2012 election, your thinking on why he was reelected is faulty. He wasn't elected a 2nd time because of his performance as a President which is lackluster at best. He was reelected by the mobs of people he put on welfare and who are contributing nothing to the support of this great country. You nay try to spin this into something it is not, but from cell phones to food stamps he has swelled the roles. And that is how he was elected. Fortunately we will be rid of this POS in January 2017. And with his growing unpopularity he is putting himself in a position of lame duck President where he will hopefully be able to do less harm to this country.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 4:40 PM
  • Hey wheels, isn't it quaint how common can quote Limbaugh by heart all the time.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 6:43 PM
  • Bothedog,

Common is my only link to finding out what Limbaugh says. If Limbaugh is so full of wisdom as to attract Common to him..... maybe I should start listening to him.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 8:33 PM
  • Pop quiz, everyone:

Which 2012 presidential candidate offered on his campaign website very detailed federal budget recommendations, with very, very significant cuts, including accepting a salary for himself of $43,000 (give or take a thousand or two--not sure on the exact number) because that was close to the U.S. average, and something he knew he could get by on?

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 10:19 PM
  • "....maybe I should start listening to him."

What do you mean start? You and idiot Limbaugh are exactly alike, as peas in a pod. You are a truly hopeless and sad little guy. I feel sorry for you, but possibly you'll recover when Hillary takes over.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • "....maybe I should start listening to him."

What do you mean start? You and idiot Limbaugh are exactly alike, as peas in a pod. You are a truly hopeless and sad little guy. I feel sorry for you, but possibly you'll recover when Hillary takes over.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM

What is it with the Left Wingers tonight? They are as testy as all get out.

A couple of points Comon:

1.) I do not listen to Limbaugh, but you obviously do.

2.) A lot separates Mr. Limbaugh and myself. And that is why I do not listen to him.

3.) Never mind the sympathy, I am not ill.

4.) Not sad or hopeless Common.

5.) Hillary as President.... Lord have mercy, I hope not. I don't look for it to happen, but I have very little faith in the intelligence of the average voter anymore. And if she can promise freebies for the deadbeats like Obama did, anything is possible.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 10:55 PM
  • "If a diplomatic trip to Africa ends up generating billions of dollars in new trade, why would that be a bad thing"

So far Obama's investments have scored very poor. I think this will be nothing more than shelling out more of my hard earned cash to another country with no return.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 11:06 PM
  • All the Limbaugh quoters and no one listens to him. Instead they listen to what the DNC and far out progressives tell them that Limbaugh says.

I started listening to him on occassion when he first came on the Cape station. I have since heard him off and on when in the car because I seldom listen to music while driving.

I've yet to hear all this hate speech and agree still with his reason for saying he hoped Obama fails. Obama did not fail in his agenda to weaken our influence in world affairs, weaken our economic outlook, and increase dependency on government. He has blurred the distinction between federal authority and state's soveignty while pushing forward the power of the executive branch via claims of immunity to law.

So Common I suggest you should listen to Limbaugh directly instead of repeating what your liberal sad little talking point web sites tell you to.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 11:15 PM
  • Something more for the Obama Worshipers to fume about. :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/06/22/obama-birthplace-m...

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 22, 2013, at 11:36 PM
  • "....tell them that Limbaugh says."

Actually, as he often says really dumb things, they show video clips of him making these bizarre observations.

- - - - - - - - -

"...and agree still with his reason for saying he hoped [President] Obama fails."

Now, here are some of the absurd claims that you purport to agree with...

Declaring that the President of the Unites States wants "...to weaken our influence in world affairs..." is one of the fables that conservatives attempt to "prove" solely by continual repetition with no evidence whatsoever. The influence of America settled to a low point during the previous administration with their "you're either with us or against us" ultimatum.

How could the President be accused of wanting to "...weaken our economic outlook..." when the stock market has doubled, GDP has grown every quarter, and employment is increasing, and he has given assistance to small business?

Saying that President Obama wants to "...increase dependency on government," is just plain stupid. Even someone as obsessive and obtuse as Limbaugh should realize that having more people dependent on government leaves fewer people to shoulder the reasonable tax burden. That's the main reason the President is pushing Congress to act on education and job programs. Conservatives seem to believe that no one in the nation wants to work, while liberals recognize that virtually all Americans want gainful employment and to be independent and on their own. Why should we want people relying on the "government" for "everything" when it is so much more preferable and beneficial to provide a small investment for education and training to get them on their feet and off of "welfare."

I see no difference between wanting President Obama to "fail" and wanting the country to "fail." So why do conservatives want the nation to fail?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 8:01 AM
  • I see no difference between wanting President Obama to "fail" and wanting the country to "fail." So why do conservatives want the nation to fail?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 8:01 AM

Common,

You keep taking something like this particular statement out of context and trying to make an issue of it. You know what he wanted him to fail at and you still parrot the same weak rhetoric. There are some issues that a thinking man should want a politician to fail at. And OBAMA is nothing but a politician. He is not a President in the sense that our better Presidents in this country were. As Mr. Krauthammer said a few days back Obama is a bystander to his own administration. He added that when anything happens Obama acts as if he had just arrived at the scene of an accident. Best description of that lame excuse for a President I have heard.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 8:16 AM
  • Apparently commons buddy Rush was a prophet.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 8:58 AM
  • "As Mr. Krauthammer said..."

Now there is someone to really trust for an unbiased opinion.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 9:13 AM
  • More than a brainwashed CSM.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 9:27 AM
  • See how it works? I said "... his agenda to weaken our influence in world affairs, weaken our economic outlook, and increase dependency on government." and Common calls Limbaugh obsessive and obtuse for saying it.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 9:29 AM
  • Commmon makes such a big deal out of Limbaugh, so we know he is listening to him.... probably calls him just to chat occasionally.

I don't have a problem with whatever Limbaugh says or does. None of my money is going to him and he has the right of free speech.

I listened to a few of his radio programs in the early days but gave up on that long ago. I do not fault anyone that wants to or does not want to listen to him. We still have the right to switch stations if we do not like what is on.

Common thinks I am just like him..... well then why don't I have his money?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 2:48 PM
  • Common once denied that he quoted Limbaugh. He said something to the effect that maybe once he did. Then I cut and pasted 10 times that he's referenced or quoted Rush Limbaugh. He's the biggest source for Rush Limbaugh on here.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 7:12 PM
  • Heck wheels,I thought that's why you had no meat in the freezer.....full of a cash stash!!

Maybe you could invite the King and Queen out to the farm for a little Staycation. I'm sure you could do a dude ranch type thing for them. Do some mowing and fence mending. That I would actually stop and watch them for once.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 7:13 PM
  • -- Posted by bothedog on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 7:13 PM

No cash in the freezer, and it would take a very small freezer indeed.

Yeah the Obummers would fit in real good in the neighborhood up at the farm. After they helped mow the grass, pick up some rocks and mended the fences.... we could go to Cliff and Ella's for the Friday night fish fry and a Busch Light.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 7:20 PM
  • Manual labor. Then a neighborhood fish fry with,as Obummer says,"The Folks". It'll never happen but what a sight it would be. He may bring some of that WH beer to the fry but you'd have to pay for it.

-- Posted by bothedog on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • Well, At least we have a hint of where Wheels farm is,... not in Stag country.

Recently I saw part of a History Channel documentery about Air Force one and presidential travel. I never new Marine Ones were disassembled and transported on cargo planes along side the limo and staff cars.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 23, 2013, at 11:32 PM
  • I know OJ. Saw the Busch Light reference. I won't hold that against him though. I had a buddy describe it as "Mare p?ss with the foam f?rted off". Still a mans beer is nothing to trifle with! Ice cold Stag draft at the Pilot House, that's good.

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, Jun 24, 2013, at 12:42 PM
  • I see no difference between wanting President Obama to "fail" and wanting the country to "fail." So why do conservatives want the nation to fail?

(Posted by commonsensematters)

Think of it as a reset button.

The decay, corruption, and perversion of the government we should have had is massive and all-encompassing. Maybe there is just no way to cure the patient. The cancer is so big, so invasive, so metastatic, that it cannot be contained or stopped. Think about how dependent every last government function is on grant money, for example. Every county with a deficient low-water bridge is looking for federal $$ to make a repair. It's like everyone is flat broke, and every last unit of government is incapable of doing anything without an infusion of fiat money from Big Brother--who as we all know is totally insolvent! If we have a complete melt down, perhaps there will be a few little islands of liberty and rationality that will succeed, and at least a few people can enjoy freedom again.

Is that un-patriotic? Just because I look around and see a country that is antithetical to what I think should exist? Because I look around and see innumerable things that I don't believe in, am revolted by, never would have voted for?

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Jun 24, 2013, at 1:36 PM
  • How Obama vacations on your dime:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/c1Q1qzfL9rE

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, Jun 25, 2013, at 4:43 AM

Respond to this thread