Speak Out: Here Are the 47%

Posted by donacita on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 2:33 PM:

Replies (83)

• And you are trying to say?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 2:41 PM
  • Regrets,

She is so excited about it that one would wonder... is she in that 47% bracket?

Woe to the Politician who dares breathe the truth!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 2:57 PM
  • This is the new mantra: those who don't pay income tax are either paying payroll taxes or living off them, though they don't quite put it that way.

But the initial claim was that "Instead, they pay payroll taxes", as if there was some sort of trade-off. There isn't. The majority of those who pay income taxes also pay payroll taxes. They usually pay a lot more payroll taxes, in fact, than do the '47%'.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 3:10 PM
  • And many of those who pay Income Taxes through Payroll Deductions get it all back at the end of the year, and some even get an "Earned Income Tax Credit" which is free money from the rest of us dumb idiots who are helping to put these liberals into positions of power in the government.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 3:19 PM
  • I wanted you to know who the 47% are. Romney said:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That, that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax. . . .

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 3:27 PM
  • I saw the video and read the quote. He is saying the 47% number is comprised of those types, which is not the same as saying all of the 47% meet those criteria. He is saying that Mr. Obama has a lock on those votes, because he is promising not to tax them (the ones that pay no income taxes), not to take away their entitlements (the ones with the entitlement mentality), and to use the government to right the wrongs they perceive were committed against them (the ones who believe they are victims).

Those who insist on food stamps believe they are entitled to food. Those who insist on federal housing programmes believe they are entitled to housing. Those who support the Affordable Care Act believe they are entitled to health care.

Are you saying he is wrong about that?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 3:38 PM
  • The Earned Income Tax Credit was enacted under Gerald Ford. It was a favorite of Ronald Reagan, who called it "the best anti-poverty bill, the best pro-family measure and the best job creation measure to come out of the Congress of the United States."

-- Posted by donacita on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 3:39 PM
  • "He is saying the 47% number is comprised of those types..."

That may well be what he was thinking but it is not what he said. Read / listen again.

"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

So there was zero explanation, as in there are some that do this, some that do that, etc. The impression Governor Romney appeared to be trying to make on his potential donors was that all of these moochers will continue to steal your money, unless you give me money so I can buy more votes.

Did Governor Romney mean that only he can stop them (the moochers) and that he had to stop them now so their numbers did not grow further?

The fact that the President is working to keep work in welfare, and urging Congress to get on with job creation is clearly not mentioned. The plan to not raise taxes is for 98%, not only 47%.

If Governor Romney and Congress had some feeling or sympathy for the middle class, they would extend the President Bush administration tax cuts for the middle class right away. The Governor talks about "helping" the middle class, but does nothing about it.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 4:16 PM
  • He does not say that all 47% believe all those things, he says the 47% is made of people who believe those things. You, who sought so hard to redefine Mr. Obama's 'You didn't build that' comment should understand. Methinks I recognize a willing blindness on your part.

"If Governor Romney and Congress had some feeling or sympathy for the middle class, they would extend the President Bush administration tax cuts for the middle class right away. The Governor talks about "helping" the middle class, but does nothing about it."

Typical of the left - if they believed in 'helping', they'd agree with our idea of how to do it. The very idea that there can be any other method is completely foreign to them.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 4:35 PM
  • "The very idea that there can be any other method is completely foreign to them."

That appears to be a statement that can be applied to either side, but it does not explain extending tax cuts for the 98%. The republicans want that, the democrats want that, so why not do it now. It is not a matter of "another method" both parties want the same thing.

Clearly the only difference is that the republicans want tax cuts extended for the 2% also, and seem to be prepared to deny tax cuts to almost all Americans because they can't have their own way. Maybe something like a "dog in the manger."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 4:42 PM
  • The Governor talks about "helping" the middle class, but does nothing about it.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 4:16 P

He has not been the president so how can you say "he has done nothing about it"?

The truth hurts doesn't it.....

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 4:43 PM
  • A year ago when the "occupiers" were all the vogue and the darlings of Obama and MSNBC I saw a debate between two economists arguing both sides of "making the 1% pay their fair share". Don't recall the exact figures,but they both agreed on a dollar figure that would be raised by ending the "Bush" tax cuts for people earning over 250k. That is when the smart one,not the Democrat,pulled out his little Walmart calculator and punched in the numbers. It figured out that every dollar collected equals what the US spends in 8.35 days. If that's the case it's gonna take around 32 years to balance the books. Heck of alot longer if Obama keeps buying votes with it. This time the MAKERS must outvote the TAKERS.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 5:06 PM
  • That argument would normally be expected from one of the takers as they will always feel the producers are not doing enough for them.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 5:45 PM
  • Ah yes........... true colors do come to light.

I for one do care about paying for those benefits because paying at the maximum rate bites hard and I have a proven record of being a better investor of my money than the U.S. Government does.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 5:58 PM
  • obama is as much a pompous *** as romney, and has shown it each and every day of his presidency. Ideologues are too brainwashed to see it.

Medicare and Social Security are not entitlements. They are earned benefits for those that were forced by government to participate.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 6:49 PM
  • I give a rat's behind that I am forced to pay into SS and Medicaid, among other things. And yes, it is campaign rhetoric. Politicians can count on old people to vote in droves.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 6:54 PM
  • That argument would normally be expected from one of the takers as they will always feel the producers are not doing enough for them.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 5:45 PM

No shirt.....

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:44 PM
  • You can't have it both ways folks...Romney is in trouble and you know it. For all your hate of Obama, and the money Romney has already and is spending, it seems he still can't cut it. The way you all talk here, this should be easy and I can tell by your comments, it's eating you. Next, you'll be talking your way back, just like you did following the election in 2008.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:45 PM
  • Romney is in trouble and you know it.-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:45 PM

Record debt and deficits. Record unemployment. Dollar falling against the Euro. Federal reserve printing more money. Gas prices are high. The only 2 things Obama has is a) he's the incumbent and b) the press is campaigning for him.

Most people agree with Romney - Obama is the food stamp president and we're tired of liberals wanting more of OUR money. Keep your hands in your own pocket and quit stealing from those of us who work hard to earn it.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • Most people huh, I guess we'll have to wait until the votes come in Dug.

Record debt and deficits. Record unemployment. Dollar falling against the Euro. Federal reserve printing more money. Gas prices are high...Obama is the food stamp president and we're tired of liberals wanting more of OUR money.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:52 PM

Jeese, and still Romney's numbers go down. Eating you!!!!!! Chomp, chomp, chomp.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:02 PM
  • Romney is in trouble and you know it.

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:45 PM

Romney is not in trouble and we all know it. He will survive with or without that job in the White House.

It is America that is in trouble. Record Spending, Record Unemployment, Record government Debt and the list goes on.

It is not the government in trouble it is the people of this country User.... and you and your Liberal Ilk are the reason for it.

Romney told the truth and America does not want to hear it. Woe to the Politician who tells the truth.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:14 PM
  • -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:45 PM

It's gonna make my fall decision simple.

If Obama wins I shut down the biz and lay off the workers because I will not work for another 4 years with little or no pay when I could be retired. Also I will no longer be a tax collector for Obama.

If Romney wins I keep it going and expand because things will boom.

Simple as that.....

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:16 PM
  • No single person is in controll of our government. Congress passes the laws and the President signs them (or not).The Supreme Court plays their part as well as we've seen even if we don't agree.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:19 PM
  • oops - control.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:20 PM
  • "Shapley, Did you forget payroll taxes are capped?"

No. Did you forget that Medicare taxes are not? And did you forget the level at which they are capped? If you make so little as to not pay income taxes, the odds are your payroll tax contribution is rather small, as well.

For example, let us take the example of a married couple filing jointly with an income of only $16,000 which after deductions, owes no income. Assuming that all of that income came from payroll, on which payroll taxes were paid, they will have paid a total of 4.2% of that $16,000, or $672 ($1,664 if they were self-employed).

By contrast a worker making $36,000 (more likely to have paid income taxes) will have paid $1,512 ($3,774 if self-employed). That's a lot more, in my book, and still well below the cap.

A payroll employee making $72,000 would have paid $3,024 in payroll taxes. And they would still be below the cap.

So, yes, the income tax payer will likely pay more in payroll taxes.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:21 PM
  • "That appears to be a statement that can be applied to either side, but it does not explain extending tax cuts for the 98%. The republicans want that, the democrats want that, so why not do it now. It is not a matter of "another method" both parties want the same thing."

Because, if you give away your bargaining chip, then there is nothing to encourage the other side to return to the table.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:22 PM
  • Regret, sounds like you should retire.

Wheels you are part of the 47%, but I'm not yet (but hope to be someday), because I'm still working.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:25 PM
  • "~If one pays a 15% income tax bracket (ie investment income only), a debate could be made that individual is not paying his/her fair share (maximum) payroll taxes."

Payroll taxes are charged on payroll. Investment income is not 'payroll', hence no payroll taxes are collected on them. That is only fair. It would be grossly unfair to collect payroll taxes on non-payroll income, would it not?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:25 PM
  • "~I assume those witching about the 47%--which CBS reported is an inaccurate number--"

CNN says it is an accurate number. 46.4% was the number cited for 2011.

"...will be declining to accept their Social Security and Medicare benefits when they are eligible?"

Why should they? If they are legally eligible, they should collect, should they not? As long as they realize their income is courtesy of taxpayer largess, and not a return on an 'investment' made, there is nothing hypocritical about it. Look at is at a delayed tax credit, if you will. T

If they 'witch', and demand that others' taxes be raised to maintain their dependent lifestyle, however, then they are takers, particularly if they vote based on taking monies from others to be given to them. That is the ones Mr. Obama cottons to, and the ones Mr. Romney says he cannot win over with promises of tax relief.

" Or perhaps you will stop witching about it then?"

If the taxes are no longer coming out of their pockets, it kind of limits the things to 'witch' about, doesn't it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:36 PM
  • However, I reserve the right to 'witch' about people voting to give themselves raises at the taxpayers' expense, no matter my station in life. It's a matter of principle, not principal.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:37 PM
  • Wheels you are part of the 47%, but I'm not yet (but hope to be someday), because I'm still working.

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Suelyn,

You obviously have no knowledge of my situation. Although I am drawing at a good rate because I paid in at an even better rate being self employed.

So far as being a part of the 47%, I still file Federal and State Tax Returns and probably will until the day that I die as I wisely invested my money through my lifetime instead of p*****g it all away. You might find that when the dust settles on April 15, that I am paying in more than you are Sweetie. I also draw a paycheck fot the work I do online for the company I once owned. I am working this evening, what are you doing?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:38 PM
  • "If one claims their Social Security and Medicare benefts when eligible, then according to Romney, one is a mooch aka taker."

I don't believe Mr. Romney used either of those words in the video...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:39 PM
  • I being a most astute, respected, and hard to dispute poster have been targeted by opposition hackers that have monitered my keystrokes and reprogramed my back button to automatically delete any brilliant and unarguable post I might attemp to edit.

Therefore I may offer some participation without edit or spell check when countering the most absurd claims and talking points of a select few of my most endeared fellow opinion espousers.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:40 PM
  • "Medicare and Social Security are not entitlements. They are earned benefits for those that were forced by government to participate."

You need to look up the definition of 'entitlement'.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:41 PM
  • No shirt.....

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 7:44 PM

Regrets,

Better put our shirt back on.... it's gonna be cold in the morning. I was going to add something but think I better not.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:43 PM
  • Let em buy their own birth control pills. The most effect kind are the cheapest. Buy over the counter aspirn. One held tightly between the knees is 100& effective.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • Working too sweetie, thanks for asking. And sweetie you have no knowledge of MY situation, but that's never stopped YOU. So you or your wife are not drawing any benefits? You don't have to answer - I already know.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:48 PM
  • Makw the & a %.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:52 PM
  • Wheels

Now I know how you knew code. You probably learned the same way as me in the early 90's before wysiwyg.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Working too sweetie, thanks for asking. And sweetie you have no knowledge of MY situation, but that's never stopped YOU. So you or your wife are not drawing any benefits? You don't have to answer - I already know.

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:48 PM

What is it about teachers that they have such poor reading comprehension?

What part of the following statement did you not understand?

"Although I am drawing at a good rate because I paid in at an even better rate being self employed."

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:56 PM
  • Nevermind Wheels. Your last comment reminded me of your age. LOL

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:58 PM
  • Wheels

Now I know how you knew code. You probably learned the same way as me in the early 90's before wysiwyg.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:56 PM

Regrets,

There are days when I think I know less and less about more and more.

So far as wysiwyg.... sometimes it is what you don't see when you are being blind sided, is what is worrisome.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:00 PM
  • Nevermind Wheels. Your last comment reminded me of your age. LOL

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 8:58 PM

Might be wise on your part to not let the age fool you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:01 PM
  • What is it about old people and being out of touch (aspirn)? And the wife? Like I said Wheels, nevermind.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:02 PM
  • Rick,

Our society has forced too many folks' consideration of issues in which they would have no opinion if they weren't forced to consider.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:08 PM
  • username1, Don't fret about it, You will get old too. That is if you live long enough! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • What is it about teachers and poor reading comprehension. You didn't get it did you? It went right over your head.

I would draw you a picture if it was possible to post it on here.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:09 PM
  • I think it's hard for some people to admit they are part of the 47% Romney was throwing under the bus.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:17 PM
  • John, I'm not fretting one bit. And sweeties remark at 9:09 is and example of why I made the comment I did.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:23 PM
  • You just comment away Suelyn, you are what you are and nothing is going to change that.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:28 PM
  • "I think it's hard for some people to admit they are part of the 47% Romney was throwing under the bus."

"Throw them under the bus"? All he said was he can't worry about winning their votes with tax reform, because they don't pay taxes. They will vote for Mr. Obama no matter what.

Judging by the posts here, he was absolutely right.

However, I'm glad to see you agree that voting for Obama is akin to getting hit by a bus. What I don't understand is why you still want to vote for him. Do you like it under the bus?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 9:32 PM
  • You just comment away Wheels, you are what you are and nothing is going to change that.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 11:55 PM
  • Do you teach first grade or kindergarten? Speaking someone's words back to them with only a name change sounds like something you heard on the playground.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 18, 2012, at 11:58 PM
  • I know what he said Shapley and so do a lot of other voters, but you should vote for him. And you can try to twist my words, but that doesn't change what I wrote. Nice try though. LOL

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 12:01 AM
  • Does it now? I wouldn't worry about it then. And please don't let what I write confuse you Wheels. If I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time responding. LOL

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 12:06 AM
  • I have known some teachers who start thinking and operating at the level of the children they teach. Funny.

I did say some... not all.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 1:29 AM
  • Just a little curious how the liberals might answer this question. If 47% of the people are on the dole now and rising (and believe me, after the last 4 years, it is RISING) then it's safe to say as the years go by and the numbers continue to rise: 50%......60%.......70% (you get the idea) how will we ever collect enough taxes to cover them?

-- Posted by semofan23 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 5:58 AM
  • "If 47% of the people are on the dole now..."

The answer is simple, because the premise is completely false.

While there may be 47% of the people that receive avariety of different benefits at a given point in time, there are not 150 million people "on the dole."

Were many of the job proposals stalled in Congress passed, more people might get jobs, and that percentage could just as easily go down.

Clearly, Governor Romney latched on to a Limbaugh-like talking point to attempt to impress his donors.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:00 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:00 AM

Do you realise Obama only helps unions and green energy.

You need to reread what he said about the 47%.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:10 AM
  • "The Census Bureau broke the data down like this:

26.4% of U.S. households had someone enrolled in Medicaid (the health-care program for low-income Americans)

16.2% of households had at least one member receiving Social Security.

15.8% lived in a household receiving food stamps

14.9% had a member with Medicare benefits

4.5% of households received assistance with their rent

1.7% had a member receiving unemployment benefits."

Here's more for the Democrats that had their feelings hurt.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/18/the-data-behind-romneys-47-comments/

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:26 AM
  • Dole: "a (1) : a giving or distribution of food, money, or clothing to the needy (2) : a grant of government funds to the unemployed b : something distributed at intervals to the needy; also : handout"

From Merriam-Webster.

Ergo, if 47% receive a variety of different benefits at one time, then 47% are 'on the dole'.

"Clearly, Governor Romney latched on to a Limbaugh-like talking point to attempt to impress his donors."

...and the obligatory reference to Mr. Limbaugh. Why the constant need to reference Mr. Limbaugh as the source for 'talking points'. You do realize that Mr. Limbaugh gathers those 'talking points' by reading a variety of published sources, don't you?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:28 AM
  • The answer is simple, because the premise is completely false. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:00 AM

The trend is up. You have nothing but your single opinion that would say it won't continue. 99 weeks unemployment benefits? Record on social security disability? Record food stamps?

You have nothing, Common, to refute that this won't go up. Many bills have been sent from the house to the senate where the democrats REFUSE votes.

And finally, remember way way back to when Obama had complete control of both houses of congress? Remember when he got everything he wanted? Most importantly the so-called "stimulus" bill. "If the stimulus bill is passed, unemployment won't go above 8%". It's been over 8% ever since then and REAL unemployment - when you consider those that have quit looking - is hovering around 19%. All of Obama's job proposals and $1 TRILLION (with interest) in stimulus have gone through and we are far worse off than we were when he became president.

You are wrong.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:29 AM
  • "The impression Governor Romney appeared to be trying to make on his potential donors was that all of these moochers will continue to steal your money, unless you give me money so I can buy more votes."

No. All he said was that his proposals of tax cuts and entitlement cuts won't appeal to them, so he cannot be worried about winning their votes away from Mr. Obama. They will vote for him no matter what.

Watch the video. He's talking about voter bases, not about who he will represent as president. Put it, as you Democrats like to say 'in context'.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:34 AM
  • "...then 47% are 'on the dole'."

Surely you are well aware that being "on the dole" is intended to mean that those Americans are totally unemployed and living entirely from government handouts. That is exactly the implication that Governor Romney wanted to leave.

So if a family has their elderly mother (on Medicare) living with them, and the husband has a good job, then the entire household is "on the dole."

If a low ranking GI, just back from Afghanistan, and his wife have a child, become eligible for food stamps, then they are "on the dole."

Clearly not, which is why the 47% grouping is simplistic and silly.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:49 AM
  • This just in - sorry Common, it completely blows your spin out of the water:

"Number of able-bodied adults on food stamps doubled after Obama suspended work requirement". The link:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/crs-report-number-of-able-bodied-adults-on-food-st...

Obama IS the food stamp president and the numbers are rising as a direct result of his actions - period.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:05 AM
  • If a low ranking GI, just back from Afghanistan, and his wife have a child, become eligible for food stamps, then they are "on the dole."

Why are our soldiers being paid at a rate that qualifies them for food stamps? Is that all that the government thinks that they are worth?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:12 AM
  • Regret:

Two questions for you. Will you be retiring on Nov 7th or on Jan 20th when Obama is once again sworn in? Also, in your near future retirement, will you still participate with us on these threads? Happy retirement.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:15 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:12 AM

And don't forget Obama's $1 Trillion in cuts to the military to begin on January 1st. And he says he is "for" our veterans. He wouldn't know which end of a gun to hold. He's done nothing for veterans and is cutting the military.

Why do you think he had Eric Holder sue the state of Ohio to stop military members from voting absentee early? Look it up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • "Surely you are well aware that being "on the dole" is intended to mean that those Americans are totally unemployed and living entirely from government handouts."

"On the dole" has a very specific defintion, and that is what I base my reference upon. Nowhere in the definitions to I find 'dole' meaning total dependence upon government. If the government 'doles it out', then the recipient is 'on the dole'. That you infer otherwise does not mean the rest of society sees it that way.

"That is exactly the implication that Governor Romney wanted to leave."

How can you possibly know what impression Mr. Romney wanted to leave? You certainly seem to be a mind reader lately, at least in your own mind.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:25 AM
  • The Federal Income Tax laws have as many holes in it as a slice of Swiss cheese .

-- Posted by Rɨck on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:47 AM

That's exactly the way the federal government and it's politicians want it.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:56 AM
  • That's why we need a flatter tax. But the 'progressives' oppose it.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 10:12 AM
  • I have known some old men who start thinking and operating at the level of children...sad.

I did say some... not all. Keep it up Wheels - ahh, nevermind.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 12:51 PM
  • Isn't she precious? Apparently repeats everything she hears.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 12:52 PM
  • http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/09/19/Mother-Jones-Admits-Romney-Ta...

Mother Jones Admits '47%' Tape Edited.

At least two minutes of the tape were removed.

Yet another parallel to Watergate...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 3:57 PM
  • "Mother Jones" or "Mother Goose" about the same difference... anyone believing information from such a source might just have a 'Screw Loose'!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 4:21 PM
  • -- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 9:15 AM

Thanks. And yes I will be here to constantly remind you who you voted for.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 6:45 PM
  • I never did grow-up .

It is way too much fun not to .

-- Posted by Rɨck on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 2:25 PM

And you'll never grow old - good attitude!

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 7:40 PM
  • Isn't she precious? Apparently repeats everything she hears.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 12:52 PM

No Wheels, just the clever things you say. Afterall, you are such a wordsmith.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 7:44 PM
  • Yeah Suelynn,

It's hard to be humble... when you are perfect in every way.

Best reply I can think of is, Thank you.

☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • You are welcome.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:03 PM
  • So. Did all those who jumped on this 47% video shoot first and aim later?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:17 PM
  • SH

I would think so. I attended a Business Meeting many years ago and their seminars centered around the theme "Ready, Fire, Aim".

Out of all of such meetings I attended, I think that one and another meeting where the theme was "You Pack Your Own Chute" were a couple of the best. Of course that one kind of flew in the face of "You Didn't Build That".

Hmmmmmm, the "You Didn"t Build That" speech kind of falls under "Ready, Fire, Aim".

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 19, 2012, at 8:32 PM
  • Has anyone else noticed what a "hit and run" commentator donacita is? Starts a bit if controversy and when facts and logic emerge donacita vaporizes. Must be off to free cheese day at the Salvation Army.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Fri, Sep 21, 2012, at 8:25 PM

Respond to this thread