For the past several years I have had constant problems using Handicapped parking in the city of Cape Girardeau, MO. Yes, I use a wheelchair. Not only are the spaces constantly used by non-placard bearing vehicles, a recent rash of "Creative Parking" ( where drivers park vehicles in non-spaces which either block entry to curb easements or ramps or the non-spaces near handicapped spaces )forced me to take my vehicle to other cities when possible. The Cape Girardeau Police Department (CGPD) when contacted state "CGPD is not responsible for parking lots on private property." (otherwise known as "parking lots"). Short of releasing my "road rage" in an act of vigilantyism, how do I regain my independence? Should I contact county or state law enforcement?


Entertaining Neurologists since 2000