Five Things to Know About the Cape Chamber
Saturday, April 25, 2020
1. You never have to lift a finger to get value out of your membership.
With the member directory listed on the Cape Chamber's public website at capechamber.com, opportunities to be featured on the Chamber's social media accounts and the Chamber referring your business, we do the networking for you so you can focus on your business and what you do best.
2. The Chamber leads the way in facilitating conversations about the future of our community.
Through groups like Think Tank, formed in 2020, which discusses how we can position our community for success in the next decade and SEM Tech Alliance, which brings people and organizations together to create a leading mid-tier technology community, you can be involved in shaping the future of our region.
3. The Chamber is advocating for your business so you don't have to.
We make sure employers' voices are heard on legislative, regulatory and judicial issues to keep our local economy strong. We do this by maintaining relationships with local, state and federal government officials and by being present at monthly government and public policy committee meetings.
4. Investing in the Cape Chamber is an investment in your future and the future of Cape Girardeau.
In addition to community betterment initiatives, we work to foster the future workforce through business development programs such as Grow Strong, Exchange Network and professional development workshops. We also head workforce development programs like connectCAPE, Capable, Chamber Young Professionals and Show Me Careers Educator Experience.
5. Membership in the Cape Chamber gives you the opportunity to expand the footprint of your business network.
We provide many opportunities for you to connect with other business leaders in our community, from First Friday Coffee to Business After Hours to the Women's Network and Leadership Cape. Because collaboration strengthens our businesses and community.