Speak Out: Boots On The Ground And Refugees

Posted by Iamhere on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 8:40 AM:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-strategy-seeks-to-avoid-isis-prophecy/ar-...

I feel that ANY healthy young male and female refugees should be encouraged to fight for their OWN country instead of running away and expecting other countries to do it for them. Send them back and train them to fight their own battles. If they won't fight for their own country then don't bring them here. We should not send our people to die for people who will not stand up and fight.

There is also the issue of everyone wanting "boots on the ground". As far as Iraq they stated MONTHS ago "We do not want US boots on the ground".

Replies (84)

• Islam has been using the same playbook for 1400 years. The three phases of Islam depicted in their sacred book follow the history of Mecca.

Peace and tolerance when they are weak.

Back stabbing and terrorism when they are not yet strong enough.

Offensive Jihad and total intolerance once in the majority and strong enough to persecute all others.

Those true Muslims who are not radical are in the peaceful tolerant mode. IMO

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 9:47 AM
  • I ran across a docu. one day while "channel surfing" and it was about a former Muslim woman who had become a Christian. She was talking about how so many Muslims don't have a Quran due to being poor and how a lot is just "handed down" thru families. She now dresses as Muslim and sneaks some of the passages of the Quran that speak of the beheadings and such to people in the marketplace and has been shocked at how many had no clue what was actually in there. She has converted many by doing this but is at risk every time she does this of being reported and killed but continues to do so to educate as many as she can.

Can't say how true this is but it does explain the "radical" and the "peaceful" difference in Muslims.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 10:07 AM
  • Posted by Nil on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 10:44 AM

Nil: If I were a Syrian I would pick "C". Join the USA led $500 million training program, get as much money as I could, then get the heck out of Dodge to Germany and live like a sultan.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 7:02 PM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 9:45 PM
  • FFF, There is some truth in that article.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 10:27 PM
  • FFF

The picture shown on your link brought back a memory from many years back. That picture had to be taken from a vantage point above the crowd waiting to be cleared to fly.

I was in the terminal of the airport in Athens Greece many years ago and there was a two story setup much similar to that picture. Within the next 90 days after my wife and I were through that terminal, a Terrorist of sorts sprayed the crowd down below with gunfire from a vantage point much like the cameraman had. The details are foggy and I do not remember how many were killed.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 10:42 PM
  • Posted by Nil on Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 10:44 AM

Nil, I understand your points but we in this country have had a lot of growing pains. We have had war here to finally get to where we are. I am not saying it is a good place with Pres. Chicken but it is better than how it could have ended up in the beginning.

I just don't think running away and letting others clean up the situation is right. If they come here and we have a war they will turn tail and run again instead of acting like an American and standing up to fight for what you believe in.

If you care nothing about the country you live in and won't fight for the freedom many have died for then GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY! We don't need you here!

-- Posted by Iamhere on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 8:35 AM
  • Seems odd.

........................................................................................................

Police: FBI investigating suspicious cell phone purchases in Jackson, Cape Girardeau

Christy Hendricks

Dec 10, 2015 06:13 PM

(KFVS) - Large quantities of cell phones recently sold at Walmart stores at Jackson, Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Macon, and Lebanon, Mo. have set off some alarms.

Jackson Police Captain Rodney Barnes confirms 48 pre-paid cell phones were purchased at the Walmart in Jackson on Friday, Dec. 4.

Cape Girardeau Police Chief Wes Blair says up to 10 pre-paid cell phones were purchased the same day at the Cape Girardeau Walmart.

Both the Jackson and Cape Girardeau police departments turned over their investigations to the FBI.

A witness who does not want to be identified says that she and a family member saw a man with several pre-paid cell phones in his shopping cart Friday at the Cape Girardeau Walmart on William Street. She thought it was suspicious and wondered if maybe he was going to re-sell them.

Another witness says she saw the victim at the cash register purchasing the phones in pairs. She says she thought it was suspicious, but was told by the cashier that the person was price-matching and getting a deal.

"Historically there have been large purchases of pre-paid cell phones throughout the United States that are shipped overseas just because there is a market for that," Cape Girardeau Police Chief Wes Blair said. "So that's what the FBI is for to vet all of that out and determine it, which is why we've taken everything we learned so far and forwarded it to them."

Later that night, the woman said that same family member went to the Jackson Walmart and saw the same man with another individual buying several pre-paid phones.

"They do a lot for resale on those phone too, but we don't want to take any chances," Jackson Police Chief James Humphreys said.

The witnesses thought it was suspicious, but didn't think any more about it until they saw the news headlines about the suspicious phone purchases at other Missouri Walmart locations.

"I don't think there's no reason for the public to be alarmed by this at all," Cape Girardeau Police Chief Wes Blair said. "I can assure you if we would've got information that was alarming to our communities that we felt like our communities may be in jeopardy or in danger, we're going to let the people know that."

Police never made contact with the men who purchased the phones.

"It wasn't a crime and it apparently wasn't against store policy," Jackson Police Chief James Humphreys said. "Walmart, just as we would, thought it seemed suspicious and it wasn't an everyday purchase."

Police urge people to call local law enforcement if they see something suspicious.

"There isn't one thing definitive thing that you can pin down and say this is what people should be looking for," Chief Blair said.

Other locations across Missouri

Five or more males purchased multiple pre-paid cell phones at a Walmart in Columbia on Dec. 4.

It happened at the Walmart on Conley Road around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, according to the Columbia Police Department. They reported it to the FBI. Police are investigating if the phones were fraudulently purchased.

The Macon County Sheriff's Office and Macon Police Department are investigating the recent suspicious purchase of multiple cell phones made at the Macon Walmart.

Information has been submitted to the FBI Saint Louis Office and Springfield Office. The information will be analyzed and compared to other occurrences throughout the United States.

Two men bought 60 cell phones at the Walmart in Lebanon, Mo. shortly before 4 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5.

Authorities talked to the men, but since they didn't have a legal reason to detain them, officers allowed them to leave.

The Laclede County sheriff notified the FBI.

As for cell phones, investigators say they are potential tools in the hands of terrorists.

The devices can be used to communicate and they are difficult to trace if they are prepaid phones.

They can also be used as detonators for bombs.

The FBI encourages anyone who see anything suspicious to contact local police.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 6:32 PM
  • "Later that night, the woman said that same family member went to the Jackson Walmart and saw the same man with another individual buying several pre-paid phones."

That part sounds odd too.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 6:43 PM
  • Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 6:43 PM

OJ: Looks like an invasion of Scopus in the making.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 7:36 PM
  • Rick, How do you know who is calling or using the prepaid phones? If the military industrial complex is funding the terrorist and corrupting Israeli government officials as one of common's sources suggests, well they can toss the phones after a couple of calls before big brother knows about the plot to invade Scopus.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 8:19 PM
  • I can see the History books saying that WWIII started by the invasion of Scopus, Mo. by the radical Islamist sect of the ISIS.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 8:50 PM
  • semo, I think it would say ISIL since that refers to the terrorist that originate from Iraq thus GWB fault. ISIS generally refers to Syrian stuff of Obama's watch.

I don't worry about Scopus as I understand they have a crop duster plane and a WWII rifle available to deter any Whitewater Crooked Creek based assault.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 9:13 PM
  • OJ: Guess the homeland defenders could fill bags of rocks to drop from the crop duster plane and a non-gun control person could fire off the rife to drive back the ISIS attackers.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 9:45 PM
  • Never can tell, if WWIII starts, Obama way be on a secret flight to a hidden bunker near Scopus. I wonder if he'll let common in.

I've been going through a bunch of crap my In-laws saved over the years and ran across a 1968 government publication describing what to do in the event of a nuclear attack. Not sure how we ended up with all these old boxes of crap we've had stored in the basement for years but some of it is interesting. They kept everything. A lot of it gives insight to how little has been learned regarding the pros and cons of growth in government.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 10, 2015, at 10:03 PM
  • On the Scopus attack.... when do you suppose the deehaws, geehaws, heehaws or whatever will reach Crooked Creek? If memory serves me correctly they would have to pass through Dallas (now Marble Hill) on their way to Scopus. Probably under the cover of darkness to make the assault undetected.

They better do this when Crooked Creek isn't flooded. I was reading about some folks who lost their wagon and all of their belongings trying to cross Crooked Creek on their way West. Caused them to have to spend the winter in Glen Allen to regroup. They liked the thriving little town so much they just settled there permanently.

Perhaps history will repeat itself and Scopus will one day be the home of the largest Mosque west of the Mississippi. I can almost see it now.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 9:08 AM
  • As in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII, will the Battle of Scopus after days of shelling by the ISIS find a General who will say "Nuts!" to their demands of surrender.....the saga continues.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 9:19 AM
  • Wheels and Semo Crack me up!

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 9:35 AM
  • How many people will be on the committee to hire a guard to be stationed at the river crossing? Will they get a federal grant to build and maintain a river crossing guard committee building?

How much will be the salary of the river Guard crossing supervisor?

How long will it take to get EPA and DNR approval and which law firm will get the contract to make the appeal for permits?

There are a lot of details to consider before the Scopus Commission On Protecting Union Service can start.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 10:03 AM
  • Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 10:03 AM

OJ: Too much to comprehend, I've now got a headache. My first thoughts would be to hire Donald Trump to build the bridge. OJ, this might be cause for another "beer summit" to be had.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 10:34 AM
  • Could post some signs on the major highways leading into town saying....Scopus, Hog Capital of the USA. Never hurts to have many defensive measures.

The saga continues........

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 11:38 AM
  • Speaking of hogs, I recently learned the largest producer of hogs in the U.S. is a Chinese owned conglomerate.

Seems like only a few years ago we heard often of suicide bombers murdering people on Israeli public transportation buses. That seemed to curb after all buses began carrying hog guts on board.

But seriously, I think different Islamic terrorist have different ideas about uncleanliness at time of martyrdom.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 12:58 PM
  • Understand that ISIS is launching an all out attack on the city of Scopus located in Bollinger county Missouri. Reports of an army of unknown number is crossing the Crooked Creek area with support from the ISIS navy which floated up the Whitewater River in kayaks in the cover of darkness. Heavy artillery of refurbished Civil War cannons stolen from the courtyard in Ironton bombarding the small defensive positions of the home guard men/women along with some questionables. CNN and other media outlets are trying to secure an interview with the leader of the Scopus Home Guards which is reported to be a retired General from WWII who issued a statement with only one word - "Nuts!".....the saga continues.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 8:06 PM
  • I understand a boil water order has been issued for parts of Marble Hill and I just got an email saying the beer delivery truck to Scopus is missing.

Elsewhere an unidentified man has been caught on a game cam walking on a federal paid for walking trail.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 8:40 PM
  • Although the federal government is now closed for the weekend it seems my HLS contact is working overtime. I've just been informed that our thread has been invaded through new mind controlling government technology that has made us dupes to a great hoax of the purpose of diverting the subject of the thread and from the first two posts of the thread.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 11, 2015, at 10:29 PM
  • It's day break at the Battle of Scopus and Scott Francis Key a direct descendent of Francis Scott Key awoke and saw the American flag still flying over the local gas station. With swollen teary eyes Scott added another verse to the Star-Spangled Banner:

O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,O'er the land of Hog farms, hill sides of rocks, the free and the home of the brave and not so brave? Let the Syrian refuges stay where there're at until properly vetted then let's borrow their table cloths and have a picnic to celebrate the people of Scopus's great victory. (copy write on file)

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 8:11 AM
  • telegraph wires maybe down as no hear common confirm or deny stop

check tomorrow stop

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 11:24 PM
  • OJ: Seems like all types of communications with the city of Scopus is down for the time being.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 8:23 PM
  • semo

:) :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 9:21 PM
  • Has anyone else read this? This guy makes a lot of good points in this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ted-cruzs-plan-for-isis-is-disastrously-in...

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 8:37 AM
  • Today Pres. Pinky is going to the Pentagon to get an update about the Battle of Scopus and the need to establish communications with his die heart supporters in the area.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:09 AM
  • Will The Battle Of Scopus turn the tide in the war on ISIS?

Tune in tomorrow for As The SO Turns :)

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:12 AM
  • Has anyone else read this? This guy makes a lot of good points in this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/te...

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 8:37 AM

I just read that and saw nothing new or any points made. MSM has portrayed the Iraqis as not wanting US help. Although there are all kinds there, Iraq is not where the majority of Obama's favored Muslim sect hails from.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:23 AM
  • OJ I was speaking about how we really haven't experienced the terror of having our country bombed and invaded by another country for years at a time and how those countries resent what we have tried to do for them by coming in and tearing their homes and lives to pieces then leave and say here you go fix it the best you can.

Iraq's PM has stated many times that they do not want US boots on their ground again so no one is "portraying" anything. Their government doesn't want it.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:33 AM
  • Iam, Maybe I am wrong then in getting the impression the writer makes it sound like they want help and Obama won't approve it.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:45 AM
  • Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:45 AM

He is speaking about Cruz and some others in the GOP that are making remarks about using nuclear weapons against ISIS and how in the past how we have bombed and killed so many that we were "supposed" to be helping. When you start doing things such as Hiroshima you are killing many of those that you are supposed to be helping and the survivors start hating us and not thanking us. When we get involved in another countries struggles we usually end up killing those that we are trying to help and also destroy their country leaving it in ruins. Then we leave and return home usually leaving them in worse shape than before we started.

I have to wonder what right we have to try to change their country into the idea that we have of what it should be opposed to what they want in the end.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:04 AM
  • I must have read a different article. Now when I go to the link it lands on the president going to the pentagon. There was no mention of Cruz in what I read.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:35 AM
  • Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:35 AM

OJ: That's the article about Pres. Pinky and the Battle of Scopus that I was referring to earlier. Wonder if there is anyone on S.O. from that area who could do some live reporting or maybe they were part of the causalities.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:40 AM
  • My apologies not sure what the h*** happened but this is what I was talking about. LOL

www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ted-cruzs-plan-for-isis-is-disastrously-inhumane/...

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:07 AM
  • IDK, but I think the Hiroshima thing worked out didn't it? Japan is one of the closest US allies.

As for Iraq in general, Saddam Hussein was no kitten. He murdered, maimed, plundered, dropped chemical weapons, invaded Kuwait and wound up losing about 500,000 soldiers in a battle with Iran who also lost about 500,000 as well. And that was just a couple of decades of his rule.

Men, women, children - he cared nothing of them. Terror and slaughter.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:09 AM
  • You guys must have thought I was hitting the bottle or the bong. LOL Again I'm sorry.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:11 AM
  • Dug I just used it as an example not saying that it didn't work. Just to say can you imagine doing that in Syria without major casualties to the ones we are supposed to be helping.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:14 AM
  • -- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:14 AM

I know you weren't saying it didn't work. I was just commenting.

Should we do that in Iraq/Syria to ISIS? I would say absolutely no except if they are able to set one off here which I think is highly unlikely. Possible but unlikely.

I do understand some of what Cruz is saying. But you can't just do that indiscriminately with civilians. Problem is the cowards surround themselves with innocent women and children. They have zero concern for casualties and they've been shown to resist any change of heart. They hate and hate big. And they believe their God is telling them to kill anyone and everyone that disagrees with them. The only way to stop them is to send them to their God quickly. And as many at a time as possible.

I remember reading about a new "MOAB" (mother-of-all-bombs) bomb. Massive ordinance that weighs nearly 19,000 pounds and has high-tech explosives. It's designed to be an "air detonation" bomb like a nuclear - but not a nuclear. Nuclear bombs are on a whole other level.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:25 AM
  • Dug

I wasn't agreeing with Cruz at all. I was agreeing with the questions and opinions of the journalist. Cruz just dodged the questions for the most part.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:34 AM
  • Cruz just dodged the questions for the most part. -- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:34 AM

I should have read the article but didn't have time. I'll revisit.

Thanks.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:38 AM
  • One thing did happen in Iraq. We liberated the sect of terrorist that Saddam kept in check. Before the terrorist sects were killing each other because each claimed to be a more direct descendent of Mohammad.

It seems to me that the covert U.S. plan has been to topple regimes that by their existence pose roadblocks to the occupation and total Islamic control of a specific historical region.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:39 AM
  • OJ

You are correct and as the journalist suggested if we "liberate" Syria from Assad there is no telling who will fill the void except that you can expect ISIS to give it a heck of a shot. So where do we go from here?

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:44 AM
  • So where do we go from here? -- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:44 AM

I would say a good start would be to leave 'em all there and let them sort it out?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 12:10 PM
  • Posted by Rick' on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 1:03 PM

Rick: That's when our Crawdad Pres. Pinky issued his famous "red line in the sand" then he turned pink and did the crawdad.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 6:48 PM
  • Let the Russians handle Syria. They can get bogged down there and ease up on the Ukrainians.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 7:57 PM
  • Will Bergdahl walk or will he go to jail after his court martial?

Was it a good trade to get him back?

Obama explains his reasoning for releasing terrorist with the goal of closing Gitmo.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama-releases-dangerous-jihadists-then-misleads-c...

"The judgment that we're continually making is: Are there individuals who are significantly more dangerous than the people who are already out there who are fighting? What do they add? Do they have special skills? Do they have special knowledge that ends up making significant threat to the United States?"

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 11:12 PM
  • I guess the Obama supporters don't find a 'spit out the coffee' joke in there anywhere.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:23 AM
  • OJ: Ladies like Theorist doesn't spit out the coffee they spew out the coffee. ☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:29 AM
  • Semo, Are you saying there's more of them?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:57 AM
  • Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:57 AM

OJ: I better not say, she might spit I mean spew coffee in my eye.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 6:05 PM
  • Or better yet, just 86 'em and be done with it. Problem solved.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 7:03 PM
  • The purpose was to get them out of the fight, gain any intelligence we could get and then process them through military trial.

Liberals wanted them tried on American soil so they would have American rights. Then they started crying about mistreating the prisoners and next thing you know we are letting them go back to fighting against us again. Most of them should have been shot before a firing squad, instead Obama trades 5 of them for a deserter that should have seen a firing squad.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 7:57 PM
  • Gitmo was to house the world wide terrorists caught by the USA and other countries to extract info of their plans. It all started to go down hill when the terrorists were given their Korans and prayer rugs so that they could practice their peaceful religion - give me a break.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 8:42 PM
  • Rick' needs to be head of the DHS.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:20 PM
  • Rick: You have caused all the PC Liberal Democrats to wet their panties when talking about torturing the terrorist because they surely don't do any of that to their captives.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 9:08 AM
  • ..us heathen savages...

-- Posted by Rick' on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 9:18 AM

All Native Americans were just trying to protect their home.

If I were you I would be smiling every time someone starts B******* about illegal immigrants. What goes around comes around.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 10:18 AM
  • There's an excellent example regarding "illegal immigrants" in the past and in the present.

Currently many want immigrants to assimilate - adopt our culture and way of life. They can still have their customs and traditions and religion and whatever. But learn to speak the language and become an American.

Currently many want immigrants to get special attention, allow their customs and laws from the country/culture they left to be the rule in America. That they shouldn't assimilate.

I agree with assimilation. If you want to come to American, become and American.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:18 PM
  • Man the crap that people write is amazing. I ran across this and couldn't believe the leap they took to suggest Muslims bought all those cell phones. I never heard them identified as Muslim.

http://madworldnews.com/missouri-woods-muslim-cellphones/

-- Posted by Iamhere on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:18 PM
  • Iam, It's Madd World News!

In other more serious news, the FBI has now decided the July attack on military recruiting stations to be terrorist related. As long as we have crack government agencies on the job, we will know what we are up against.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 2:49 PM
  • "...allow their customs and laws from the country/culture they left to be the rule in America."

"...to be the rule in America..." and exactly how and where did this take place?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 3:48 PM
  • Reading not to good today common?

No one said that took place.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 4:41 PM
  • A MONTANA COWBOY, A NATIVE AMERICAN AND A MUSLIM ARE WAITING FOR THEIR PLANE IN A SMALL MONTANA AIRPORT.

THE MONTANA COWBOY LEANS BACK IN HIS CHAIR, CROSSES HIS BOOTS ON A MAGAZINE TABLE AND TIPS HIS BIG SWEAT-STAINED HAT FORWARD OVER HIS FACE.

THE WIND OUTSIDE IS BLOWING TUMBLEWEEDS AROUND AND THE OLD WINDSOCK IS FLAPPING, BUT STILL NO PLANE COMES. THE AMERICAN INDIAN CLEARS HIS THROAT AND SOFTLY SPEAKS. "AT ONE TIME HERE, MY PEOPLE WERE MANY, BUT SADLY, NOW WE ARE FEW."

THE MUSLIM STUDENT RAISES AN EYEBROW AND LEANS FORWARD, "ONCE MY PEOPLE WERE FEW," HE SNEERS, AND NOW WE ARE MANY. WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT IS?"

THE MONTANA COWBOY SHIFTS HIS TOOTHPICK TO ONE SIDE OF HIS MOUTH, AND FROM THE DARKNESS BENEATH HIS STETSON SAYS IN A DRAWL : "THAT'S CAUSE WE AIN'T PLAYED COWBOYS & MUSLIMS YET, BUT I DO BELIEVE IT'S A-COMIN".

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 7:58 PM
  • "No one said that took place."

Fine, exactly how and where do you expect this to take place? Probably won't be in Montana.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 8:34 PM
  • Common, Did I say I expect? Again you are looking to change the subject away from your mis-reading.

Where does what Dug said before fit into "No one said that took place."?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 8:54 PM
  • So it looks like no one can comprehend whatever it is Duggie is trying to say.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 9:22 PM
  • So it looks like no one can comprehend whatever it is Duggie is trying to say. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 9:22 PM

The fact that what anyone says goes over your head is because your mind is a closed steel trap.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 11:06 PM
  • Just dam as Royal liked to say.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 11:49 PM
  • Currently many want immigrants to get special attention, allow their customs and laws from the country/culture they left to be the rule in America. That they shouldn't assimilate.

I agree with assimilation. If you want to come to American, become and American.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:18 PM

Gee if that is how you feel you should join a Native American Tribe and assimilate yourself to them. This was their country until we showed up and brought our ways and religion and diseases.

They had a lot of good ideas. For instance they only took what they needed from the land. When they killed a Buffalo EVERY part was made use of.

They didn't just kill and strip the hides and leave the meat to rot.

WE destroyed this country with greed and the need of always more and waste.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 7:59 AM
  • Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 17, 2015, at 8:34 PM

Common: Good grief it was only a joke. You may want to switch to decaf.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 8:05 AM
  • Now put that in your pipe and smoke it! -- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 7:59 AM

Thanks for making my point. Europeans left their countries and came here to start a new life and didn't assimilate. They didn't adopt the local customs, culture or respect their rule. How did that work out for Native Americans? Not good.

So when Mexicans, Syrians, etc. come here and want the US to become like Mexico or Syria or Iraq we shouldn't let them. They should adopt our language, culture and constitution.

I think you've been watching too many movies. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 8:53 AM
  • Rick: You need to change out your keyboard. ☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:08 AM
  • Most folks have ignored the "reset button". However, I'm like Trump....attack after being attacked.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:42 AM
  • Posted by Dug on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 8:53 AM

Uh Dug, The Native Americans didn't let us either. We killed them and put them in prison camps. You can say reservation if you want to be PC.

No I haven't been watching movies. Apparently you need some history lessons. Why not read up on the subject? I am sure there is some things that may make you think a little bit differently.

I can't help the way I feel about it. It was wrong and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

The funny thing is that now all kinds of people want to "claim" heritage. No, I am not one. As to my knowledge I have no Native American blood.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:42 AM
  • Posted by semo471 on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:42 AM

Sorry Semo. I told you mine broke. This is something that irks me. My apologies. Will try again.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:45 AM
  • Iamhere: Understand, there are some on these threads that belong to the "Dark Side", we just don't need to join them.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:51 AM
  • I can't help the way I feel about it. It was wrong and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:42 AM

You seem to be a little angry about something. Not sure why. Just a discussion - that's all. I'm agreeing with you and you're going off the deep end.

Reread those posts without the antipathy and you'll see we agree. If those fleeing Europe would have assimilated into the local culture back then Native Americans would be better off. If those fleeing Mexico, Syria, etc. would assimilate into our local culture it would be better for Americans as well.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 9:57 AM
  • Sorry Dug but that is one of my "pet peeves". As you see I feel strongly about it. Apologies. I am so used to being attacked on here by a couple that I "jumped" to quick.

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 10:13 AM
  • Sorry Dug but that is one of my "pet peeves". As you see I feel strongly about it. -- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 10:13 AM

And I agree with you. That's why I feel assimilation is important or we'll end up like a 3rd world country (Mexico, Syria, Iraq, etc). There's no better example of what happens when immigrants force their beliefs on the local population than what happened to Native Americans about 500 years ago. Destroyed their lives and culture.

I don't think I've attacked you in the past. If so, I must have been wrong or misdirected.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 10:17 AM
  • Posted by Dug on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 10:17 AM

We have had our moments but I was not including you in the "couple".

-- Posted by Iamhere on Fri, Dec 18, 2015, at 10:30 AM

Respond to this thread