Speak Out: Obama: One very successful president?

Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 9:10 AM:

The thread title asks a question.... the answer is NO!

Replies (59)

• He's been very successful in fooling the gullible.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 10:01 AM
  • Successful example of a bad president.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 10:51 AM
  • I just saw something funny. Rush Limbaugh has had more wives than people who have contacted ebola in the USA. He is a firm believer in that "sanctity of marriage" thing.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:24 PM
  • "...the first black President and nothing else."

It may be time for you to repeat, "Now I'm mixfused." But in your defense a lot of the SO conservative gang is equally "mixfused."

How is it that you can so easily overlook to dramatic rise of the stock market, the decline of unemployment, the lowest deficit since 2007, an economic growth rate of 4.6% in the last quarter, ISIS is being pushed back in Kobani, Texas appears to be ebola-free (avoiding the necessity to halt all flights in or out of Texas), the ACA is working fine, especially in states with their own exchanges (causing Senator McConnell to be blasted for not understanding it and Kynect), and we avoided wars in Iran and Ukraine.

Maybe that will clear up some of the "mixfusion" so prevalent on these columns. People that express such continual displeasure amounting to hatred, for the President should be embarrassed.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 2:49 PM
  • Lefty can't defend his master, Obammer, so he goes after Rush Limbaugh? Very low class, Lefty.

-- Posted by RELee on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:57 PM

RELee,

Lefty is just what his name imples.... a Leftist, therefore his confussion on what the topic of discussion really is. No answer, blame somebody like Limbaugh. Near as I can tell, the only two Poster on here who listen to Limbaugh are Lefty and Common.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 3:32 PM
  • Common,

If Obama is the answer.... can you tell me what was the dumb question and by which one of you Leftists was it posed by?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • He doesn't have any answers,wheels. Just running around Barry's legs like an irritating yap dog barking LOOK AT ME,LOOK AT ME! That's real embarrassment.

BTW,doesn't even qualify for first black president. Just the first to deny/ignore his whiteness.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 4:17 PM
  • "...is the answer..."

There was no question as far as this thread goes. The title was a statement and only that. I just provided supporting information that many on SO are unable to or for some strange reason, refuse to understand.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 4:38 PM
  • "Obama: One very successful president?"

Common,

I beg to differ with you... it was plainly a question as shown above. Do you not understand what that squiggly thing with the dot underneath it means at the end of the line. Here I will post it again.

"Obama: One very successful president?"

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 4:46 PM
  • "One very successful president"

It make sense as a question and as a statement. I don't agree totally, as he has been successful in some areas and unsuccessful in others.

One in particular is his failure to preassure republicans/conservatives to accept spending cuts, entitlement rationalization and tax reform to reduce the deficit further.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 7:58 PM
  • People that express such continual displeasure amounting to hatred, for the President should be embarrassed.-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 2:49 PM

Common: I don't hate Pres. Pinky, I just don't like his policies or lack of policies.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • semo - none of that really matters to Common. Since his president/party policies are abject failures all he has left is "hate" and "race card". Everything revolve around that.

You can't support the huge debt, failed economic policies, etc. with logic so he continually pulls the race card or the hate card.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 8:18 PM
  • Looks to me Dug, you are the one who constantly refers to the race card or hate card. You use those terms all the time. Your constant drivel gets to being annoying along with your archiving and cut and paste. Not too much original from you. Good day.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 8:40 PM
  • Common thinks that man in the White House is for spending cuts. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Good day. -- Posted by left turn on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 8:40 PM

One-line lefty. Hit, run and hide. Is this all you have left?

Good day.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 9:55 PM
  • "...happy medium of both working together..."

Wow, what a concept. Hopefully you can explain that to minority leader McConnell, the proud author of "if the President is for it, we have to be against it."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 10:36 PM
  • Obama was elected twice over do-nothing useless opponents, please try to do better next time. One thing great about Obamas presidency, this kept inept people out of the White House.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 5:39 AM
  • Successful?

The survival rate for Ebola is only 30%. I'd say you have a better chance of surviving Ebola than this country does surviving Obama.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 8:31 AM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 8:31 AM

Dug: It's going to be a long two years. Hopefully the House will remain under Republican control and the Senate after the November elections. This would put limits on what the Dictator-In-Chief can do to harm the USA.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 8:54 AM
  • Semo: I hope you're right. I don't see republicans taking the senate yet but even if they do Obama is going to violate the law on immigration, etc. on his way out.

He's not cared about "the law" for the past 6 years. I don't see him caring his last two.

We'll see!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 9:30 AM
  • "...can do to harm the USA."

The republicans/conservatives really have packaged all of their paranoia now...

"Julio Varela, founder of Latino Rebels, an opinionated Latino-issues website, questioned the motivation of such fears.

"I am starting to think that this is all some kind of mix-and-match game of fear," he said. "You take the most extreme examples of xenophobic hysteria -- Mexicans, terrorists, ISIS, the border crisis and Ebola -- and mash them all together to create a new narrative of craziness," he added."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/10/politics/ebola-fears-spark-backlash-latinos/index....

Rep. Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina)

Quote... "Sen. Hagan has failed the people of North Carolina and the nation by not securing our border," Tillis said during an Oct. 7 debate with Hagan. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have an Ebola outbreak, we have bad actors who can come across the border. We need to seal the border and secure it."

There is, however, no evidence that anyone infected with Ebola is trying to drive, swim or run their way from Mexico to Texas, and no evidence that anyone in Latin America is infected with the disease.

Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)

Quote... "Groups like the Islamic State collaborate with drug cartels in Mexico who have clearly shown they're willing to expand outside the drug trade into human trafficking and potentially even terrorism," Cotton said at a recent town hall-style gathering.

"They could infiltrate our defenseless border and attack us right here in places like Arkansas. This is an urgent problem and it's time we got serious about it, and I'll be serious about it in the United States Senate."

The notion that ISIS could pour in through Mexico sounds scary enough to turn into a Halloween costume, but it has been refuted multiple times by U.S. officials who say there is "no credible intelligence" of such a plot.

Scott Brown (R-New Hampshire --hopeful)

Quote "My concern is with our unprotected border where people with Ebola and other infectious diseases can enter the country without being challenged," Brown said in statement in early October.

Again, though, there is no evidence that anyone in Mexico, Central America or South America is infected with Ebola, let alone trying to get to the United States.

- - - - - - -

Just wait, pretty soon the republican/conservative candidates will proclaim that there are thousands of...

...ebola infected, AK-47 toting, ISIS JV terrorists disguising themselves, as illegal drug carrying Mexicans or Honduran children, that have streamed unchallenged, across all of our southern borders, and are now ready to assault the capital.

Sadly some of our SO friends will believe that this is really true.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 1:47 PM
  • Just wait - the Obama administration will some day....

declare that a Muslim man with radical ties will kill many Americans while yelling "Alluah Akbar" and they will claim it was "workplace violence - no terrorism here". Wait - that already happened didn't it? And ISIS isn't related to al Qaeda because Obama killed al Qaeda, right?

And these are the people you base your so-called "facts" on?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 3:01 PM
  • Dug, did you hear the crazy story about 9 Muslim terrorists, who armed themselves with box cutters, and then hijacked multiple commercial airliners and flew them into really tall buildings?...Isn't that just a crazy story...

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 4:07 PM
  • BS - all made up wasn't it! :-) There are no stinkin' terrorists here - just "workplace violence" everywhere.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 4:11 PM
  • "...just a crazy story..."

It is a bit mindboggling to see how uninformed some of our SO friends are.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 4:22 PM
  • "I just saw something funny. Rush Limbaugh has had more wives than people who have contacted ebola in the USA. He is a firm believer in that "sanctity of marriage" thing.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:24 PM"

He could have been like Clinton and just cheated with a few hundred different women while he was married. Heck one was 19 and on his desk in the oval office.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 4:42 PM
  • Actually that's not opinion - it's fact. Did you hear about the Ft. Hood massacre of soldiers by a Muslim man yelling "Alluah Akbar" that was declared "workplace violence"?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 5:10 PM
  • The USA Calvery were terrorist , each and every one of them .They not only killed men , they killed women and children as well . -- Posted by ▪Rebel on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 4:56 PM

Did native americans ever kill women and children as well?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 5:12 PM
  • One thing about it Carter is no longer in last place he has lost that famous position by a good margin the current one no doubt has taken Jimmy's position one that he held for years up until now, I would hug Jimmy's neck one thing about him he is probably one of the most honest Presidents we ever had at least he would tell the people the truth the current one has a hard time in doing that actually telling the truth.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 5:28 PM
  • Looks like we have a lot of rebels on SO.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 6:36 PM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rebel on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 7:05 AM

And you would be wrong. I think for myself. Who do you think I'm afraid of on these threads? You? Common? Anyone else? Why would anyone be afraid of being "outcast" here? It's a public SO forum.

It's amazing to me that agreeing with anyone is somehow "following a crowd". News flash - BCStoned agrees with people too. He has articles he reads and people he agrees with. No different than anyone else on here - including yourself.

I don't worship men in power. I could give a hoot about Obama and his followers here except for their interest in taking more money out of my pocket and spreading it to their lazy voter base. If Obama were simply what he is - an inept Acorn attorney I wouldn't care. Unfortunately he is a president.

IMO.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 7:25 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rebel on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 11:27 AM

Rebel, I think I've made it pretty clear that if our government would abide the constitution and follow the laws of this country, we would be a lot better off. I wouldn't consider myself a rebel, I just want the government to get out of the way...just saying.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 12:03 PM
  • Rebel, I think I've made it pretty clear that if our government would abide the constitution and follow the laws of this country, we would be a lot better off. I wouldn't consider myself a rebel, I just want the government to get out of the way...just saying.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 12:03 PM

I'd prefer the federal government close....permanently.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 7:47 PM
  • Tax Heaven: Federal Tax Revenue Tops $3 Trillion For First Time EverObama Tax Revenue 3 Trillion

By V. Saxena

October 22, 2014

Last last week, CNS News contributor Ali Meyer revealed that 2014 "marked the first time ever [in American history] that tax revenues have topped $3 trillion." This means that never before in American history has the government taken as much money from its citizens as it did in fiscal year 2014:

The largest share of the tax revenue so far this year has come from individual income taxes, which totaled $1,394,567,000,000 in fiscal 2014.

The rest of the receipts came from corporation income taxes totaling $320,731,000,000, employment and general retirement (off-budget) totaling $735,602,000,000, employment and general retirement (on-budget) totaling $229,465,000,000, unemployment insurance totaling $55,394,000,000, other retirement receipts totaling $3,472,000,000, excise taxes totaling $93,368,000,000, estate and gift taxes totaling $19,300,000,000, customs duties totaling $33,926,000,000 and miscellaneous receipts totaling $135,024,000,000.

Yet as Daily Signal commentator Curtis Dubay notes, the deficit still remains at almost $500 billion. Furthermore, the federal debt continues to climb toward $18 trillion and the unemployment rate remains high. Let us also not forget that the number of Americans collecting government benefits is still at an all-time high.

The problem, as Dubay notes, is that we keep spending far too much. And as the CBO has explained on numerous occasions, we will continue to spend more and more unless we get a grip on our fiscal house.

Irony? President Obama will likely call for even more tax hikes after the midterm elections. This despite the fact that "there is plenty of revenue coming in to Washington." And so taxes will keep increasing and the debt will keep skyrocketing, just as businesses keep collapsing and jobs keep disappearing.

Welcome to Obama's America . . .

........................................................................................................

I personally wouldn't call it obama's America. I would call it D.C.'s America. None the less, obama and his D.C. minions of both parties have been extemely successful at collecting the citizen's hard earned money. Record revenue not enough. Taxes must be raised.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 9:07 PM
  • BC, I've always thought that if the north would have ignored the south and let them leave the union, the union would have eventually been restored.

Like horses and mules that became more costly to maintain compared to tractors, so would the slave be of little value and social integration would have brought the north and south back politically.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 9:20 PM
  • BC, Agreed.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 9:52 PM
  • Who are you reading BC? I read a while back, an article from a book by Alexander? that gave supporting arguments on why the South should have won. Interesting, but very biased I thought.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 5:58 AM
  • BC, History changes as more information becomes available. I just learned the British allowed several Nazi war criminals to go unpunished because they didn't want to reveal the source and capability of MI19 bugging German prisoners including Generals that were recorded admitting their part in atrocities.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 11:12 AM
  • BC, Although my attention span is short and I bounce around quite a bit when reading, I can spend quite a spell On http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 12:08 PM
  • A curious statement from an Iranian leader:

"Obama is the weakest of U.S. presidents, he had humiliating defeats in the region. Under him the Islamic awakening happened," Younesi said in a Farsi language interview with Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency.

"Americans witnessed their greatest defeats in Obama's era: Terrorism expanded, [the] U.S. had huge defeats under Obama [and] that is why they want to compromise with Iran," Younesi said.

The criticism of Obama echoes comments made recently by other world leaders and even former members of the president's own staff, such as Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 4:16 PM
  • "A curious statement..."

Not at all "curious" that the SO friends would believe an Iranian "leader."

"Americans has witnessed their greatest defeats..."

Is that so? Maybe he should ask Osama, maybe he should ask the Al Qaida leaders in Pakistan, maybe he should ask Quaddafi, maybe he sould ask the ISIS gun crews...

Oh, that's right, Younesi can't do that, because they're all dead.

Sorry, but your Iranian buddy is wrong.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 5:44 PM
  • Dug is just a cafeteria historian.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 6:36 PM
  • Common, Is there a place to click on to subscribe to your newsletter? Or is my maleware protection blocking that box?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 6:42 PM
  • And I thought all you "liberals" were against wars, including your president....interesting.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 6:43 PM
  • "...subscribe to your newsletter..."

Why would you need that? Isn't much easier to just read what the SO friends claim and safely be sure that the opposite is the truth.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 7:48 PM
  • "...opposite is the truth."

As in the Iranian is totally incorrect, and automobile insurance is not unconstitutional.

And there's no "newsletter" anyhow.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 8:06 PM
  • -- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 7:59 PM

No. I'm saying Obama and his ilk are hypocrits.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 8:27 PM
  • "SO friends"

Been busy lately. I thought we were the gang?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 8:58 PM
  • "SO friends"

Been busy lately. I thought we were the gang?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 8:58 PM

Regrets,

Was that before or after we were "The Posse"?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 11:34 PM
  • Was that before or after we were "The Posse"? -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 11:34 PM

Those are names Common uses right before he declares he doesn't support the president all the time and he is for tax cuts and cuts in spending.

These libs are the best chameleons I've ever seen.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Oct 25, 2014, at 11:00 AM
  • I was for the posse before I was against it?

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 25, 2014, at 11:33 PM
  • Theorist,

Still making hit and run statements I see. Then when called on something posted you come up with, well I have a job. Lame.

Old John, I believe you have just been declared a part of an elite group.

As for you Theorist, I believe you are a part of a group of easily fooled folks. But you may mature a little as you grow older and realize you cannot believe every liberal politician who comes along.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 10:05 AM
  • I believe when Democrats were not Marxist, they were racist and supported slave ownership.

Of course I could be wrong.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 11:39 AM
  • Very true...

"...I believe you are a part of a group of easily fooled folks. But you may mature a little as you grow older and realize you cannot believe every [conservative] politician who comes along."

'....we were the gang?"

Actually "crony cabal" was on the list, but "friends" is a nicer term.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 12:57 PM
  • Very true...

"...I believe you are a part of a group of easily fooled folks. But you may mature a little as you grow older and realize you cannot believe every [conservative] politician who comes along."

'....we were the gang?"

Actually "crony cabal" was on the list, but "friends" is a nicer term.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 12:57 PM
  • Wheel, I merely excepted credit for putting you in a group with your friends. I do not see how that was a 'hit'. Mayhap a friend has been kicked out?

Anyway, you may put me in any group you like. Perhaps history will be kinder than you are.

-- Posted by Theorist on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 4:23 PM

Theorist,

I always thought you claimed to be a teacher. Can you find anything wrong with your first sentence above?

So far as you "accepting" credit... you then admit to categorizing certain people and making judgements regarding them. In spite of the fact that I have a lot of respect for those folks mentioned and am happy to associate with them... I am in no way formally attached to any group.

You on the other hand appear offended when I grouped you, all I recall is making a statement... you seem to take it personal. Was it the part about maturing? We all mature as we grow older and learn by our mistakes.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • Wheels, The elite group of highest honor be it a clan or posse consists of those worthy of Theorist response. I'm proud to be included! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Oct 26, 2014, at 8:58 PM
  • "... elite group of highest honor be it a clan or posse..."

You're welcome to claim that status, but it's really just a shorthand method of referring to an assembly of like minded SO participants.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 27, 2014, at 6:19 AM
  • like minded SO participants.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 27, 2014, at 6:19 AM

Yes. Like the far-left, tax and spend, Obama-can-do-no-wrong, socialist "comrades" such as yourself, dexterity, lefty-turn, l'spags, reasoning, theorist, miccheck, etc.

The Obama SO gang.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Oct 27, 2014, at 7:17 AM

Respond to this thread