Speak Out: Holder to leave the Department of "Just Us"?

Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 8:27 PM:

From the Washington Times today:

"The injustice of Eric Holder: Average Americans aren't blind to the Justice Department's politicization"

Even we were shocked when we researched our new book, "Obama's Enforcer: Eric Holder's Justice Department," at the extent to which Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. has politicized the Justice Department and put the interests of left-wing ideology and his political party ahead of the fair and impartial administration of justice. However, there is no doubt that the American public has also recognized just how politically corrupt Mr. Holder is, given this month's very embarrassing poll conducted by Hart Research for NBC News and The Wall Street Journal.

The poll asked respondents their opinions about 10 different national political officials, ranging from Bill Clinton to President Obama to Eric Holder, as well as the Democratic and Republican parties. They were given choices of very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, very negative and "don't know the name." About a third of respondents didn't know who Mr. Holder is (37 percent). However, those Americans who knew Mr. Holder gave him the second-lowest "positive" rating of anyone or any organization on the survey at a mere 15 percent. Only Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio had a lower "positive" rating than Mr. Holder. The attorney general's "positive" rating was less than half of the positive rating of the Republican Party and 27 points behind that of his boss."

Replies (102)

• The Rats are jumping the ship.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 9:57 PM
  • I was wondering if someone would open a discussion on this.

There is no reason to assume some kind of flowing agenda linked to the move but I'm sure there is to be speculation of such.

Is Holder becoming a liability for the party in the mid term elections?

Is there some other goal of accomplishment in Holders's mind?

Will the republicans ease off on all the scandals he has defended?

Maybe a new trend of Obama buddies gaining the office of mayor in major cities is the goal.

Whatever, it seems Rev [;-)] Sharpton is ready to advise the pres on his choice for the next one.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • Holder came to that office with a "chip" on his shoulder like so many of them have. Now, I understand Sharpton is assisting on finding a replacement for Holder now that is scary very scary wow what have we came too in this country. I don't know why people call this guy a Revered he is no Revered the number of times he has violated the law.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:53 AM
  • Look out the "Rev." Jessie Jackson is going to be the next AJ.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 12:09 PM
  • swamp, where did you hear Sharpton was assisting in the search? I am interested in knowing. semo, that would be AG wouldn't it?

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 1:01 PM
  • Left: Should be AG but you got the point, right.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 1:57 PM
  • Don't you people realize Holder is stepping down so that He can be selected by Obama to replace a soon retiring Justice? More Obama chicken####

-- Posted by bozobell50 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 11:39 PM
  • "...he didn't have a clue how a Government illegal automatic weapon deal happened under his watch."

Of course he did, it happened in the exact same way as "Wide Receiver" did under the "watch" of the President Bush administration.

Had Congress not prevented the ATF from exercising appropriate surveillance over suspected "gun running" dealers, neither operation would have been needed.

It's tough to have to acknowledge the truth, as we'll soon see with the impending tsunami of responses from sanctimonious "deniers."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:49 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:49 AM

Does that make it right common? The love of a man who is not part of your family is pretty scary.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:28 AM
  • Sorry Common - you'll have to take your deflection with personal swipes at local posters and aim them at the Washington Post. They said it. The liberal Washington Post...

Once again another liberal supporter/democrat/buddy of Obama's administration is very upset with the incompetence and "i-could-care-less" attitude about law. A couple of direct quotes:

"The injustice of Eric Holder: Average Americans aren't blind to the Justice Department's politicization"

"There is no doubt that the American public has also recognized just how politically corrupt Mr. Holder is"

"The attorney general's "positive" rating was less than half of the positive rating of the Republican Party"

Hang in there. As Obama's biggest worshipper things will only get worse...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:02 AM
  • "...that make it right..."

No one said it was right, only understandable.

And if you have no idea what "Wide Receiver" was, you may need to look it up to better comprehend the entire situation.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:21 AM
  • Rick, I don't like Sharpton or Jackson either one. Where did you ever see me support either one of these goons? Personally, I am glad to see Holder go. He was getting way too conservative.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 11:04 AM
  • Sorry Common - you'll have to take your deflection with personal swipes at local posters and aim them at the Washington Post. They said it. The liberal Washington Post...

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:02 AM

Link to the Washington POST article with these quotes...

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:05 PM
  • Correction: Washington Times.

Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags scores!!!!!!!!!! I hope it helps your healing process. I'm glad to contribute.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:13 PM

Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags scores!!!!!!!!!! I hope it helps your healing process. I'm glad to contribute.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:13 PM

Only a low-information voter wouldn't know the difference, especially since the Moonie Times is a conservative-leaning paper.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:54 PM
  • I've never heard of the Moonie Times. Where is that located?

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:32 PM
  • The Moonie Times is located in Russia. Near the communist atheist church.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 2:43 PM
  • Low info voters don't know the difference between the Wash post and Wash times

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:32 PM
  • Why do you libs cut and paste with no links? It's a habit.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 5:59 PM

Sorry Common - you'll have to take your deflection with personal swipes at local posters and aim them at the Washington Post. They said it. The liberal Washington Post...

Once again another liberal supporter/democrat/buddy of Obama's administration is very upset with the incompetence and "i-could-care-less" attitude about law. A couple of direct quotes:

"There is no doubt that the American public has also recognized just how politically corrupt Mr. Holder is"

"The attorney general's "positive" rating was less than half of the positive rating of the Republican Party"

A classic Dug cut and paste with no links. Such a hypocrite. Physician heal thyself.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:42 PM
  • I saw a Mooney once at of all places it was at the Kennett Airport.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:44 PM

Someone with the education experience that surpasses someone with a harvard law degree and who has taught at a university, as dug claims, would know this. More lies.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:49 PM
  • Posting Washington Post vs. Times to you is a problem with college education?

Pity you place such little value on what education you have. As a shallow person, you count experience as paper on the wall. Not "real world"

Not surprised. That's all you have to claim that Obama is "qualified" to be president. He has a lot of paper on the wall. Probably like you - all talk and no walk.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:08 PM
  • Why do you libs cut and paste with no links? It's a habit.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 5:59 PM

Sorry Common - you'll have to take your deflection with personal swipes at local posters and aim them at the Washington Post. They said it. The liberal Washington Post...

A classic Dug cut and paste with no links. Such a hypocrite. Physician heal thyself.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:42 PM

Hypocrite. And a liar. Poor character.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:29 PM
  • Posting Washington Post vs. Times to you is a problem with college education?

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:08 PM

Only a low info wouldn't know the difference, like you.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:33 PM
  • Only a coward who had his posts deleted (scared of his own words) wouldn't know the difference. Just like this classic:

"I have never reported a post" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags

"I am contacting the SE Missourian" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags

'nuff said. You have no credibility here.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:37 PM
  • Skip a Rope.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:37 PM
  • Link to the Washington POST article with these quotes...

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 12:05 PM

Correction: Washington Times.

Gotta be dumb as a rock not to know the difference. My guess is more dishonesty from Prof. Dug. He's a liar.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:55 PM
  • There are plenty examples of you making mistakes but, like a coward, you had them all deleted. Still have a few gems left though!

From the Washington Times today: "The injustice of Eric Holder: Average Americans aren't blind to the Justice Department's politicization" - Dug

I do know the difference. Time for you to have your posts removed again. I bet you have the SE Missourian on speed-dial. Coward.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:00 PM
  • I do know the difference. Time for you to have your posts removed again. I bet you have the SE Missourian on speed-dial. Coward.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:00 PM

No you don't. The record proves it. Keep lying. You're an embarrassment.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:07 PM
  • From the Washington Times today: "The injustice of Eric Holder: Average Americans aren't blind to the Justice Department's politicization" - Dug

What a liar. You tried to pin the same quote on the Wash Post. Such a pathetic lying scum.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:11 PM
  • Take your meds Jay... stay on them.

The melt down continues...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:32 PM

Dumbass screws up his own post. Such a low-info he doesnt know the difference between Wash Post and Wash Times in his very own post.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:48 PM
  • Wonder which of Ike's leftist buddies will report him for that word that the rest of us are not allowed to use. I"m betting none!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:51 PM
  • Absolutely none! But if you use that word, Reasoning will tell you it's inappropriate and the old miccheck would have it removed.

Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spastic is desperate. He's digging for anything to score a point.

Go to the bars L'Spastic. She may have left you but there are other women out there. Not many for the fanatical atheist/communist type but there are a few. Good luck.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rick on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:46 PM

Rick: Don't feel sorry for ole Holder, he has enough of pay offs to last a life time.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:12 PM
  • Is Holder's resignation based on thinking the republican led investigations will back off and spare Obama any embarrassment of so many failures and questionable events?

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:40 PM
  • OJ - could be. Obama is very keen to throw people under the bus to make him look good.

He threw his grandmother (who raised him) under the bus and many others. Just like his head of the CIA yesterday.

It's all about him and his supporters.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • Dug, I correspond with someone thinking the elite handlers of Obama would welcome an uprising of the people for the chance to use Lincoln style rule to put the people in their place. We don't agree on that but it is an interesting scenario.

Imagine a live broadcast of the president being arrested or the congress being held at gun point by the [you name the imaginary entity that claims authority and the people have no clue but to figure it legit] and a national emergency of Marshal Law proportions.

Far fetched? Yes but some food for thought.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:40 PM
  • "...an uprising of the people for the chance to use Lincoln style rule..."

It is more than a bit disconcerting and somewhat frightening to have you admit to having "friends" that have ideas or opinions that are weirder and creepier than those presented by a few of your SO associates.

But I guess its also laughable that you would even consider "...an uprising..." as "food for thought."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 7:51 AM
  • Well, it appears that common is still in love with a man that's not even related to him...I would define that as frightening, weird, and creepy.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:34 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 7:51 AM

Common: How much does the DNC pay you to be their point man here on S.O.? Is there nothing that upsets you about Pres. Pinky, the JV President?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:52 AM
  • OJ - I don't think there's a doubt in anyones mind that something like that could happen. And that someone like "you know who" would take advantage of it (don't want to name His name to keep Common calm).

In the news today there is a patient in Texas quarantined at a hospital who may have ebola. The 3rd patient I believe who has had it in the US? Liberia is disintegrating over this every day.

The funny thing that Common doesn't realize is this. I don't fear that someone like "you know who" would try something like that. The problem is people like Common that would buy into anything that someone in authority is feeding them. It's people like him and other OW's that would do whatever a man in power tells them.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:57 AM
  • Common, Where did I mention friends?

Sorry I frightened you, I had forgot how uneasy you get at the idea there are others thinking differently than you besides those on SO.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:40 AM
  • "...Sorry I frightened you..."

That's the last thing that you need worry about, but you are making it even funnier. Your words and thoughts (or those of your non-friends) truly do not "frighten' me in any way.

I just pointed out the it was "frightening" as in absurd or crazy, that people would believe that something of a "...national emergency of [martial law] (you're welcome) proportions..." is going to or even could happen.

I am perfectly content with people "...thinking differently than [I do]..." on SO or otherwise. One objective on my part has been to provide corrected or opposing information.

Rest assured that the "majority" opinion on SO has little to do with the real world. The "sky is falling" mentality that is rampant in the last few comments has virtually nothing to do with the way things actually are in the nation.

But if it makes you happy, keep telling yourself whatever it is you feel is imminent, will indeed take place. The rest of us will enjoy a nice Fall day.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 2:27 PM
  • Climate change is a concern as that is the earth, and we don't have another! A breach in security, simply a breach. Shouldn't happen, but hey, it was caught and fixed.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:11 PM
  • Rest assured that the "majority" opinion on SO has little to do with the real world.-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 2:27 PM

The real world?

"President Barack Obama's overall approval rating hitting a new low at 40 percent" - NBC News - http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/americas-fed-obama-approval-rating-hi...

"U.S. Influence in Middle East Hits New Low Under Obama" - Bloomberg

"In Germany, newspaper commentators view President Obama's visit extremely critically. They are particularly displeased with his non-committal distance."

"92,594,000: Americans Not in Labor Force Hits All-Time Record; Participation Rate Matches 36-Year Low" - http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/92594000-americans-not-labor-f...

"IRS - Lost email, hard-drive crashes, recycled computers, destroyed Blackberry no coincidence." - http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08/29/irs-obamacare-missing-emails-ep...

"The injustice of Eric Holder: Average Americans aren't blind to the Justice Department's politicization" - Washington Times

=====

I think the only "real world" you live in is between SO and the white house web site... maybe MSNBC/Huffpost. Sorry, but the "real world" agrees with many of us, and not you.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:22 PM
  • -- Posted by Reasoning on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:11 PM

Reason: Guess the President will have to buy himself a gun for protection for his family....apparently the Secret Service is asleep at the wheel.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 3:54 PM
  • "I'm not sure why a person would continue to participate in SO if they felt all other posters are either wrong or everything in life is cool -- except for what they believe."

The other posters are welcome their opinions just as I have an equal right to my own.

When the "other posters" seem convinced that the President is purely evil, the world is coming to an end, that there is an imminent "uprising" that will destroy the nation, I have no compunction in pointing out how silly all of that is.

There is no question that the President has made mistakes and there are various areas where I disagree with his policies.

But to comb the internet, cherry-picking conservative whacko sites for one-sided opinion pieces can easily be left to those without an appreciation for the world situation today.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:29 PM
  • conservative whacko sites - -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:29 PM

I've never seen anyone so wrong and so thin skinned.

NBC news... NY Times... Washington Times... USA Today... real conservative wacko sites.

You're all along Common... just you and your man Barack. Just the way you like it. Even the democrat party is moving away from your man. Along with many in the liberal media.

Talk about "wacko"...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:33 PM
  • Dug, you left off MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and unfortunately ESPN...I don't even watch Sportscenter anymore because it is so political.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:47 PM
  • Bush 2 would have killed for a 40% approval rating. In fact killing is what started his ratings decline.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:51 PM
  • Bush 2 would have killed for a 40% approval rating. In fact killing is what started his ratings decline.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:51 PM

You can't let it go lefty, so let me remind you. Democrat presidents have killed more people than republicans ever thought about.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 5:00 PM
  • BonScott - so true. And, as usual, they resort to "It's Bush's fault" or "Bush this" or "Bush that".

And I agree about the other stations as well. I posted articles that were critical of Obama and pointed out his failings with mostly liberal news sites.

Common says we're not in the "real world". I think he and Barack Obama are on Uranus.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 5:18 PM
  • Rick, where did I state here that Bush was at fault? Don't believe I did. BonScott, if you don't want to refer to past history, why bring up about dem vs repubs on killing people? Wouldn't we have to rely on history to ascertain that? You notice Bush doesn't open his mouth as opposed to Cheney who actually probably bears the responsibilty for talking Bush into doing what he did. Obama has to be held accountable for screw ups just like every other POTUS. So get over it !!

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 5:32 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 5:32 PM

I don't have a problem with it lefty. I happen to believe war is a necessary evil. And you absolutely have to look back at history as you go through life....I don't know what I need to get over, but it's people like you who talk out of both sides of your mouth so you can promote your agenda. Most people call that hypocracy and "liberals" are winning the race.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 5:40 PM
  • Common wrote, "I just pointed out the it was "frightening" as in absurd or crazy, that people would believe that something of a "...national emergency of [martial law] (you're welcome) proportions..." is going to or even could happen."

Is it "frightening" as in absurd or crazy, for some to consider threats to our country? I think not. Maybe more of that absurdity would have been an asset pre-911.

There was some of that crazy talk ignored way back when we were warned of the Barney Frank led housing loan debacle.

Common, Keep telling yourself whatever makes you comfortable with your belief that our bloated over sized federal government and it's leadership can do no wrong and those that entertain any less are not in the real world.

Then when you get a minute tell us what is the real world and what world you live in!:)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:53 PM
  • OJ,pretty sure it's akin to Wayne's World. Whatever it is it's definitely fantasyland.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:04 PM
  • Rock, I am certainly not among the sharpest knives in the drawer but to send me to the back of the drawer for thinking things that can't go wrong can go wrong is not within the concept of open minded discussion IMO.

The Speak Out crowd that is so out of touch with the real world includes several that I don't stand shoulder to shoulder with.

I have real respect for so many that have different opinions, even Common when he offers a real opinion and not blind faith in other than the one and only God.

I have also seen some long time posters evolve toward different perspectives as I have.

I try to remember my reason for being here is entertainment and not the arrogance of correcting peoples logic. ;)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:07 PM
  • "...you get a minute tell us what is the real world..."

Good suggestion...

In the real world a homicidal maniac posting a horrific murder on social media does not make ISIS a world power.

In the real world American troops should not be put on the ground to fight battles that Iraqi, Kurdish, Syrian, and Arab boys should be fighting.

In the real world America does not become terrorized by a group of fundamentalists that proclaim some bizarre, preposterous vision, of a 7th century "caliphate" ruling the world and flying a black flag over the White House.

In the real world America does not ignore problems but addresses them rationally and judiciously.

More to come...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 5:53 AM
  • Can this current administration do anything right and ever take responsibility for anything without blaming some one else all the time.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:23 AM
  • How could Obama have 'underestimated' ISIS?-- Posted by ▪Rick on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:09 AM

How can people underestimate Climate change? It has been documented and proven by experts and authorities, yet some refuse to believe. Ah, the sun is shining, so it isn't so.

Priorities and mistrust. The President trusted those who reported to him and they were apparently wrong. Some on here mistrust those who report, and you know the rest.

Is the President perfect? No. Are we? No. Do we learn from mistakes? Sometimes. Do we only care about the here and now? Most.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:28 AM
  • How can people underestimate Climate change?-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:28 AM

They haven't. You've overestimated it.

That Hockey STick prediction of Al Gore's that you were sucked into believing - false.

Those Himalyan glaciers that were going to melt in a few years that you were sucked into believing - false.

The predicted warming over that last decade that you were sucked into believing - false.

The record ice in the antartic? The record ice in other parts of the world? YOU and your fake science were wrong. I don't think you learn from your mistakes.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 7:32 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 5:53 AM

So then, you must be very upset with Obama?

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 7:32 AM
  • "....but one of the terror group's fighters says the hits are trivial at best."

Why would anyone expect them to tell the truth?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:13 AM
  • This is by far the worse administration to ever sit in office. No way is Nixon or Carter the worse this one now beats all I have ever seen. I just hope all of us can make it to 2016. We have no leadership at all the country is all fouled up no common sense being used at all it is gone, nobody can make a decision and no accountability were in one hell of a mess I pray god steers us out of this.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:22 AM
  • "...can see this President is the wrong person at the wrong time."

Clearly that's just an opinion, but brings up the question of what the "right person" would have done?

The easy, but unfeasible and unattainable answer is that the "right person" would have done "everything right."

Speculating what some other person would have or could have done is pointless since no one can say what good or bad things may have been brought about. A "President McCain or Romney" could have dragged us into another needless war, possibly in Syria or Iran, or with Russia over Crimea. They could have caused the President Bush recession to have deepened into a depression. More tax cuts for only the wealthy could have caused the deficit to grow even faster.

And of course in the real world, there is for instance, no such thing as a"... Socialism health care..." since all insured health care is through private companies provided by private practitioners (with the exception of Medicare and Medicaid.)

And by the way, he's not really a "lame duck" since the original definition referred to the time period that someone spent in office after having been defeated for re-election.

But it's a shame that you're so sad. Most of the people I know are as optimistic about the future as they ever have been. Maybe it's just participation in SO that makes conservatives so pessimistic about everything.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:55 AM
  • "Who called them a "JV" team..."

As I mentioned before, if one compares ISIS to the militaries of NATO, India, China, Russia, Israel, not to mention the US, they are in every way a JV military.

Why is the truth so hard to accept?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:01 PM
  • common, it's easy to see that some posters on here hope this country fails. They constantly whine, complain and demean anything this president does. I have never seen so many people want to take a man down even if the country crashes. They will spin some response but the truth is they hope for failure so they can pound their chests. These are the real threats to us and our nation. Much more so than any extreme Muslim.

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:14 PM
  • Lefty - you post on here day and night! Don't you have anything better to do?

Now people who think Obama isn't doing a good job are.... worse than extreme Muslims? Someone's drinking the kool-aid today.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:19 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:14 PM

Agree.

They and some politicians will block, prevent, and fabricate lies just to "win" in their own mines. Who really loses? The USA. Glad I am not a part of this ruination.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:42 PM
  • "Your socialistic beliefs..."

What do you think my "...socialistic beliefs..." are?

Among other things I've suggested reducing the size of government, eliminating the deficit and balancing the budget. What's socialist about that?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:55 PM
  • you are the danger to America.

-- Posted by RELee on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:45 PM

Says the fella who named himself after the most divisive figure in US history.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:58 PM
  • - Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:55 PM

That's great common, but I have a hard time believing it. If you truly believe that, how do you support this president?

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 1:29 PM
  • If you truly believe that, how do you support this president?

Why should I not? He is the one that commissioned the Simpson-Bowles report which did exactly that. Reduce spending, adjust entitlements, and revise the tax code, all in the name of deficit reduction.

All the republicans had to do was jump on board, but they didn't. One of my major criticisms of President Obama is that he gave up to easily on his own plan.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:19 PM
  • If you truly believe that, how do you support this president?

Why should I not? He is the one that commissioned the Simpson-Bowles report which did exactly that. Reduce spending, adjust entitlements, and revise the tax code, all in the name of deficit reduction.

All the republicans had to do was jump on board, but they didn't. One of my major criticisms of President Obama is that he gave up to easily on his own plan.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:19 PM

Wow, now I understand what Dug has been saying. Obama has made all those things worse. And since you're so smart common, I know you understand that the federal government is not supposed to be in the entitlement business. And you actually talk about the "real world".

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:04 PM
  • "And you actually talk about the "real world".

Yes. Do you not know what Social Security and Medicare are?

Whether you believe that the government should or should not be in the "entitlement business" is totally irrelevant. The fact is that these programs exist, whether you care to use them is your business, but they are the in "real world."

Had a republican been elected they would still be in existance. Possibly your version of the "real world" ended over a hundred years ago. Is there some reason that President Bush did not end these "entitlements" when he had the chance?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:41 PM
  • See where the 3 Pres. Pinky worshippers here on S.O. have gotten their talking points from the White House Web page today. Be sure and let us know when it's updated.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:44 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:41 PM

I wish Bush would have ended those programs. Admit it common, you love big government, most teachers do.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:51 PM
  • "...love big government, most teachers do."

Just 2 questions...

Why would you believe I am a teacher?

Why would you believe I "love" big government?

One of my suggestions and positions all along is that every 5 years each federal government agency should have to rejustify each and every dollar it spends and manpower position it has.

And all of this would have to be done on a zero-based system, meaning that each agency (including Presidential and Congressional staffs) would have to start from zero and explain exactly why every dollar and person it says it needs is really and uniquely necessary and essential.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • Because you said you where. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Common, you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 5:49 PM
  • He is the one that commissioned the Simpson-Bowles report which did exactly that. Reduce spending, adjust entitlements, and revise the tax code, all in the name of deficit reduction.

All the republicans had to do was jump on board -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:19 PM

This is why you have no credibility. You know - and have posted as much - OBAMA ignored the Simpson Bowles commission report and REFUSED to adopt their recommendations.

Please don't lie to us anymore and say sweet things like "I don't always agree with Obama". BS.

You not only agree with him on everything, you mislead for him all the time.

"the president had opted not to endorse the recommendations of a deficit commission he had created in hopes of brokering a bold, bipartisan deficit deal." - NY TIMES - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/us/politics/obamas-unacknowledged-debt-to-bowl...

From "Bowles" of Simpson Bowles: "The president came out with his own plan. And the president, as you remember, came out with a budget. And I don't think anybody took that budget very seriously. The Senate voted against it 97 to nothing." FORBES - 97-0 vote on Obama's budget.

Bald faced lies Common. Once again you've proven you'll say or do anything for Obama.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:03 PM
  • "Because you said you where."

Said what where?

The only thing I have said is that I have done substitute teaching in high school and junior high math classes.

Not quite the same as being a teacher.

Why would you believe I "love" big government?

Still not answered.

"...defend the dedicated Socialist in the White House?"

How about it's because the president is not a "...dedicated Socialist..."

Just because someone on SO says so, certainly doesn't make it true. What proof do you have that he is?

Is it because he set up a system of state run private health insurance exchanges for less the 25% of the population? That must be it.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:39 PM
  • What proof do you have that Obama was going to follow Simpson Bowles and republicans rejected it?

Quit demanding proof and then hiding when challenged.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:43 PM
  • NY TIMES - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/us/pol...

"Yet starting with that April speech, Mr. Obama has come to adopt most of the major tenets supported by a majority of the commission's members, though his proposals do not go as far. He has called for cutting deficits more than $4 trillion over 10 years by shaving all spending, including for the military, Medicare and Social Security; overhauling the tax code to raise revenues and lower rates; and writing rules to lock in savings.

"But he did so months after the commission's report in December 2010, and largely without acknowledging that he was borrowing from its recommendations. That caution reflected White House concerns about liberals' hostility to the plan and, aides say, Mr. Obama's certainty that Republicans would reject anything he endorsed.

"The story of how Mr. Obama dealt with Bowles-Simpson illuminates his struggles with the deficit politics that have curbed his ambitions and forced him to confront the limits of his persuasive powers. Faced with an even more intransigent opposition after Republicans captured the House in the 2010 elections, Mr. Obama made a tactical retreat, suppressing his instincts to "go big" in favor of a go-slow approach."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:43 PM
  • Republicans had the chance to "go big" and they blew it.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:44 PM
  • "the president had opted not to endorse the recommendations of a deficit commission he had created in hopes of brokering a bold, bipartisan deficit deal." - NY TIMES - http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/us/pol...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • Try reading your own link.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • I did. Now you try reading it (see above). Pretty clear to anyone.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:51 PM
  • Says the one who can't prove he was a Marine, but is scared of firearms.

-- Posted by RELee on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 7:07 PM

What the heck are you talking about? You want me to post my DD214? What do I have to prove to you? You spend all your time slamming posters, and not posting anything of support or against a subject being discussed. Look at your 10:34 post, your 7:14, your 7:11, your 7:07, just degrading swings.

Yes, I take jabs sometimes, they are suppose to be witty. I have no need to explain to you my experiences, they are my own. I have seen first hand what happens in the field, it often isn't necessary and rarely warranted.

You have a giant chip on your shoulder. Quit trying to put others down to elevate your own status. If you don't like the person in the mirror, change em'.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 5:59 AM
  • Reasoning, I'm still wanting to know if you drive a hybrid.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 7:46 AM
  • Yes, I take jabs sometimes, they are suppose to be witty. -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 5:59 AM

LOL! Thanks for the laugh of the day...

Your condescending remarks, names and "adjectives" are "supposed to be witty".

Anyone else's is name calling. Sounds like you learned how to handle people from your president's style. You spend plenty of time slamming posters.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 8:33 AM

Why? And maybe.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:58 AM

Why? And maybe.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:58 AM

I'm just trying to make sure you're doing your part to save the planet. So I'm sure you drink soy milk as well, because we all know that to much cow flatulence will ruin the ozone...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:28 AM
  • BonScott,

I do not drive a hybrid and am not worried about the hyped up global warming issue. All you have to do is look at who is in the forefront of the farce and follow the money. Sorry so many of these so called educated people were taken in by the scam.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:47 AM
  • So, the defeated RELee admits he does have a chip on his shoulder. Interesting.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 11:40 AM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:47 AM

You're right wheels. And I have a feeling that reasoning does not drive a hybrid or do much else to "save" the planet...Like I've said before, "liberalism" is one big hypocracy.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 12:25 PM
  • Explicit language in that liveleak video,rebel? I guess I'd need a translator to see if I was offended. Where was the police brutality that must have started that? Looked like a few grand worth of hair extensions got destroyed,too.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 12:55 PM
  • RELee (loser) why don't you re-read your last post and see what "all mouth" really is. You could blow up an onion bag. When you take a deep breath to blow up that onion bag, thank a liberal it's clean air and not toxic. No, I don't want to knock it off. I just wanted you to admit you had a chip on your racist shoulder and you confirmed it. Thank you.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 1:50 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 1:50 PM

Lefty, could you please give us an example for why you would say RELee is racist?

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 2:38 PM
  • Look you punk. I was probably getting off a plane in Saigon while your momma was wiping both ends of your anatomy. So take your condescending attitude and stick it along side where your head is. - Posted by left turn on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:01 PM

You were saying something about a "chip" left turn? A little thin-skinned there lefty?

Just more liberal hypocrisy.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 3:04 PM
  • left turn

Were you in Nam ?

Thnx for being a Vet !

-- Posted by ▪Rebel on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 3:40 PM

I agree with Rebel. Thanks Left turn!

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 7:47 PM
  • There is so much hate and anger on this forum. Like that great American Rodney King once said - "Why can't we all just get along?"

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 9:56 AM

Respond to this thread