Speak Out: People Will Abuse Powdered Alcohol

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jul 20, 2014, at 8:58 PM:

Replies (9)

• No worries, big booze manufacturers and distributors with toss plenty of special interest cha ching at this issue.

Why should anyone care if powdered alcohol is easier for a minor to obtain, conceal, abuse and worse case, overdose on?

-- Posted by notrump on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 6:28 AM
  • Big booze manufacturers can throw all the money they want at it. Won't do any good. Our democrat and republican politicians can't be swayed with money. They are in office to serve the people, not special interests.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 7:14 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 7:14 AM

Good one FFF. I can always use a good chuckle in the morning. 😊

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 8:02 AM
  • Regulate, control. Regulate, control. Regulate, control...that's what our government does best.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 8:04 AM
  • Same with abortion, Rick.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 10:43 AM
  • It's not the same. Joe Public doesn't pay for someone's tweaking problem, but we do fund abortions. That's a problem.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 11:12 AM
  • You're right Rick. But I don't need to be paying for any of it. Once again, that is a problem.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 11:30 AM
  • I don't want to pay for another person's personal choice . I don't expect anyone to pay for mine .

-- Posted by ✴Rick on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 12:10 PM

Just where is the personal choice line ...

Drunk?

Social drinker?

Diver?

Druggie?

Couch potato?

Extreme lifter?

Hiker?

Motor cycle rider?

Smoker?

Gluten-full?

Racer?

Vegan?

Over-eater?

Pilot?

Under-eater?

Rock climber?

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 12:21 PM
  • Society pays for others' personal choices in many ways:

loss of production

increased insurance premiums

increased welfare cost

etc

etc

etc

For example, there was a blogger some time ago who bragged about drinking, smoking and drugging himself into poor health and disability. Even if he had personal health insurance, his personal choices helped drive up the health insurance premiums of all others. If he didn't have insurance, his health insurance and monthly income are a direct burden of taxpayers. This poster also bragged about a personal choice of working under the table, so he could keep his benefits and not pay taxes.

Another had a bad motorcycle accident. His personal choice to ride and wreck, cost society higher health and property insurance rates.

Just sayin' everyone pays for everyone's personal choices; one way or another.

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 12:45 PM

Respond to this thread