Speak Out: New Obamanomics record... 92,594,000 not in labor force.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 9:12 PM:

Wow Obamanomics is working as planned like one of our poster once said about Obamacare. 20% of households does not have a warm body that is working now. I don't think I would be bragging about how that hope and change thing worked out. Unless that is what you wanted.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/92594000-americans-not-labor-f...

Replies (38)

• Good Grief Charlie Brown, how are these poor souls able to survive without having a job....I've got it they are the free loaders not wanting to work but will let the government take care of them. The following is an excerpt from the above link provided: "Because of the way the unemployment rate is calculated, the rate can actually go down even when the number of people who are employed is also going down." Must be that new math of common core.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 9:27 PM
  • Yes, In April some 288,000 new jobs were created and 800,000 people quit looking for work. So the unemployment rate went down. Quite an accomplishment Mr. Obama.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 9:50 PM
  • From what the link says, the 92 million includes high school students, college students, graduate students, wives and women that don't need or want to work, and all retired people.

The number is pretty much meaningless.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 10:26 PM
  • Much as 99% of the thoughts you post,common.

The numbers pretty much assure Hillary Dillary is a shoo in. The villagers head idiot will convince the rest of them it's all good.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 10:33 PM
  • The number is pretty much meaningless.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 10:26 PM

BS Common. I thought you could spin this. Getting tough isn't it? Coming up with the same answers for different numbers seems to be below the ability of a retired college attendee.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 10:39 PM
  • The president had a press conference with chancellor Merkel along side and started off telling how many jobs have been created by "our" businesses and his first and foremost focus was on seeing that Americans can earn a good living.

There, good times coming our way!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 11:01 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, May 2, 2014, at 10:26 PM

common: If you look at the chart the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics have been coming up with these statistics since 1948. Only those 16 and above who are not in any institution apply. Your government info at work.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 6:42 AM
  • AND, who left this mess 6 years ago after 8 years of Bush policies and WRONG wars?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 7:07 AM
  • There we go again Dexter.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 7:13 AM
  • 6 years later they are still blaming Bush for the Democrat housing bubble that caused the mess. If I remember correctly Bush tried to slow it down before it burst.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 9:51 AM
  • Lets see, part of the number is the record high women 16 and over not in the work force. Isn't this what the Republican party promotes, stay at home moms? Common is right, these people don't want to work.

On another note, The Dow closed at a new high -- the first of 2014 -- as investors ...April 30th, as the Dow Jones industrial average closed at a record high of 16,580. Oh yeah! Life is good!

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:11 AM
  • The Leftists are left without a clue.

Stockmarket is high because no one wants to get stuck with the American dollar when the money printers "Chickens Come Back To Roost".

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:17 AM
  • "Only those 16 and above who are not in any institution apply."

OK. Seems to be pretty clear that some are attempting to portray this 92.5 million as some kind of catastrophe

How many are in high school? My guess about 10 million.

How many are in college or tech school? My guess about 15 million.

How many are retired? My guess about 45 million.

How many don't want to or don't need to work? My guess about 15 million.

That comes to about 85 million, leaving 7.5 million. A far cry from 92.5 million.

So why isn't Congress finding ways for the private sector to increase job creation?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:29 AM
  • Better yet, Why aren't republicans working with the President to stimulate job growth?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:31 AM
  • -- Posted by Dratgud on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:24 AM

Better check recent history. Bush did try to tell Congress what was going to happen with Freddie Mac and Fannie May. Nobody would listen.

Not that Bush was perfect and didn't overspend. He was no Conservative.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:32 AM
  • HWWT, that statement at 10:17 AM is going in the archives as one of the most if not the most ignorant statements you've ever made on here. And by the way, you and Regret need to brush up on history as Bush gave speech after speech praising the highest home ownership in American history.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 11:22 AM
  • Dratgud has it all backwards.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 11:25 AM
  • No he didn't. He actually helped speed it up. It's not that you didn't remember correctly. You never knew it in the first place. Don't be so hard on yourself.

-- Posted by Dratgud on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:24 AM

Thank you. You must have missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&index=98&list=FLKG8Bwrdw2LW9TYTQQFP8...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 1:21 PM
  • Poor ol lefty Reason and Dugterd. They are so easy. No wonder they voted for an empty suit with a good commercial.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 1:34 PM
  • Blender

It's more like why work with someone that has bad ideas that won't work and when it fails he will blame you? You cant build up business to hire by continually making anti-business decisions.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 4:24 PM
  • Barbara Lee wants a minimum wage of $26. I bet people would want it but poof there will go a few million more jobs. Democrats have a hard time with reality since they live in a fairytale world.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 5:48 PM
  • So why isn't Congress finding ways for the private sector to increase job creation?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:29 AM

It's not government's place to do so.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 6:21 PM
  • HWWT, that statement at 10:17 AM is going in the archives as one of the most if not the most ignorant statements you've ever made on here. And by the way, you and Regret need to brush up on history as Bush gave speech after speech praising the highest home ownership in American history.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 11:22 AM

Lefty,

Were you big enough to crawl out of your crib without help when Jimmy Carter was President? If not, you know nothing of inflation and what it can do to cash in the bank.

Unfortunately we all need a certain level of cash on hand to do whatever business it might be that we do. Some need more, some need less.

A Ford I purchased in 1964 had a sticker price of $39**.00 on it. That same Ford today would sticker price for about $40,000.00. Inflation is a killer.

I was in Dubrovnik Yugoslavia a number of years ago when the inflation rate was 1000% annually. Prices went up daily. What happens if you have your cash in the bank say $100,000.00 and in a matter of a year or so it will only purchase $50,000.00 worth of goods and services at today's prices, because of inflation. You surely don't think we are going to get away Scott free for printing all of the money we have been doing for the last 5 years, do you? People are putting their money where the value will go up with inflation, not leaving it in the bank to draw 1% or thereabouts.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 7:14 PM
  • Governments job is to get the hell out of the way so the private sector can perform.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:48 PM
  • When you raise hamburger flippers to $26 and hour you can bet union laborers that make the same will have to have $43 an hour to stay in tune. So then a union operator will get $58 an hour. Then you add the usual 35% which includes work comp, SS, and unemployment so for an operator we would be looking at $78.30 an hour. Yes that will increase unemployment won't it?

There is only so many pieces in a pie but I'm sure the liberals can come up with a spin but it can't hold water.

It all boils down that the huge majority of jobs available are low paying unskilled jobs that are being taken up by once higher paid employees. The administration is trying to strong arm these business people to manipulate the numbers. This will cause hyperinflation.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 11:37 PM
  • Here is another way Obama is helping folks get on the government dole.

Giving disability to people that cant speak English.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/wfbs-liz-harrington-discusses-story-on-non-englis...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 11:51 PM
  • "Sessions revealed a policy for SSDI payments that allows individuals to qualify for benefits more quickly if "they are incapable of communicating in English."

More "quickly" than what? before? This is a fluff piece trying to find something that isn't there.

"It's almost a loophole," she said.

Ha! In other words, we tried really hard to find a scandal, but this is the best we could come up with.

Look at the source, " Dedicated to uncovering the stories that the professional left hopes will never see the light of day, the Free Beacon"

Thanks for the laugh.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 6:43 AM
  • Reason

You don't get the point did you.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 9:38 AM
  • Yes, but I am not sure you see it.

Searching.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 12:36 PM
  • Reasoning thinks it's funny if you can be determined to be handicapped if you cannot speak English. Maybe Reasoning is not paying into these funds that are being raped by people working the system.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 12:54 PM
  • So if I cant speak Spanish can I qualify or at least get some points?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 8:17 PM
  • Probably is under the leftist bylaws.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 4, 2014, at 9:34 PM
  • I look at actions. You can keep paying attention to fluffy words. -- Posted by Dratgud on Sat, May 3, 2014, at 10:35 AM

Great - then look at this:

Avg unemployment under Bush: 5.27%

Avg unemployment under Obama: 8.7%

You don't look at actions. You look for anything that supports Obama.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 6:53 AM
  • No doubt an Entitlement Nation that is what this bunch wants meets their planned agenda.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 7:49 AM
  • Furthermore, during the President Bush administration unemployment increased, while during the President Obama administration it decreased.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 1:46 PM
  • during the President Obama administration it decreased.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 1:46 PM

Decreased from 8% to 10%? Not a decrease in my book. Yes - its at around 6.3% - thanks to the record of non-working Americans. Have you checked out youth unemployment? African American unemployment?

=====

As a self-reliant person, I don't look to the chief executive of the federal government to provide jobs. That's up to we the people.

-- Posted by Dratgud on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 1:04 PM

You should have directed that to commonsense - see above.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 1:49 PM
  • "Have you checked out youth unemployment?"

Kind of a tough situation for them since they have to compete with older people (that once had real jobs) for burger flipper jobs.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 4:20 PM
  • Reagan started the 25 year boom and Democrats treated that Ferrari like a taxicab and trashed it.

The good thing is I got to retire on that boom so I hope there will be one for my kids and grandchildren but that is shaky considering the blunders being made.

This is an old piece a friend sent me a couple of years back but still rings true.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011/05/05/reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-f...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 5, 2014, at 4:30 PM

Respond to this thread