Speak Out: Seymour Hersh's Blockbuster:

Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 7:25 AM:

still stoned huh?

Replies (4)

• BC, There are some religious nuts in the Mid-East that believe in and yearn for an all out war of such proportion that their god would return to earth to rule. Maybe best to pull out and watch rather than start it.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 8:50 AM
  • Just teasing "stoned", I think we should allow those idiots to take care of their own problems.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:23 AM
  • BC, Where are the youth of today in protest of the government war machine? I suppose the absence of protest concerning Americans lives lost for hopeless causes in worlds far away could be explained by the lack of a draft.

But I think not. The youth of the '60s, however na*ve and misguided had an element of attention toward national and world events aroused by the Vietnam war.

Where is today's New MOBE?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:49 PM
  • BC, Better educated you say. Maybe we shouldn't lump younger folks of that generation into one group. Some were aware of the world through their parent,s teachings and some were educated within a scope of college curriculum set forth by the generation before them. It was their generation that questioned politics and government and policies. The Roosevelt inspired loyalty to everything big government as the guiding light was beginning to dim by the time Johnson presided over civil rights, the war on poverty and aggression in Vietnam making for hard choices of allegiance following Camelot.

Anyway, I don't think our young folks are as informed today as back then.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 7:25 PM

Respond to this thread