Speak Out: Uncle Sam Revives Feudal Practice to Collect From Children of Debtors

Replies (5)

• Yes they are Wheels, those people out there can't spend enough it cannot grow fast enough on the trees. By 2024 new projections reflect we will have a National Debt of 24 trillion, but it has since changed now and they upgraded it to 27 trillion. Now you tell me anybody with any dam common sense would know there is no way we can pay this down or even pay half of it back. Majority of it will have to be charged off and that is where we run into some major problems with our lenders such as China. This is unbelievable that this has got out of line like this.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 7:57 AM
  • This out today: "The Social Security Administration announced Monday it is suspending a controversial program that goes after adult children of deceased taxpayers who the government claims were recipients of overpayments more than a decade ago.

Acting Social Security Commissioner Carolyn W. Colvin said she has directed an immediate halt to the three-year-old program while the agency does a review. The controversial program seized tax refunds in an effort to recoup the funds."

======

Looks like the Obama administration halted their forced collection of childrens tax refunds on parental debt. Surely this isn't an election year is it? Gotta keep those low-info democrats/liberals thinking all is good with Obama.

Look for them to resume the week after this Novembers election. Like Benghazi... like the fake unemployment numbers... like the targeting of conservative groups... the partial truth comes out after an important Obama election.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 7:58 AM
  • If I were the child of one of today's welfare cheaters or Social Security's phony Disability Recipients, I would really try to make sure I never overpaid my taxes, expecting a refund.

It has been a long time practice of mine to try to make sure I do not collect a refund, while trying to owe only enough to not earn penalties. And then getting the return and payment post marked on April 15th.

Interest free loans to the government are what Income Tax Refunds are.

Pay Caesar that what is due him and not a nickel more or a day sooner than it is due.

Oh and I might add.... vote to try and keep the amount owed Caesar to a minimum.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 8:27 AM
  • We need to get out of the refund business and go to one flat tax or consumer tax where everybody pays the same rich, middle class and the so called poor. For get about the refunds take the current tax code throw it in the dumpster re-write it stream line it with simple common sense language, oh I for got we don't use common sense any more in this country sorry about that, we have to have something difficult or it will not fly at all.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 10:54 AM
  • Swamp, if we did that, all those suits would be out of a job. They'd have nothing to argue about.

-- Posted by the_eye on Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 11:26 AM

Respond to this thread