Speak Out: Obama is Bush's 3rd term

Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 6:42 AM:

Notes on the Moral and Political Degradation of America

http://crooksandliars.com/ian-welsh/notes-moral-and-political-degradation-am

The article:

"All of this was completely predictable. Furthermore the weakness of progressive and liberal legislators, is largely to blame:

Obama and the Democratic leadership's bottom line is they must pass some bill called "health care reform". Unless you threaten to take away their bottom line, they will take away anything that isn't progressives bottom line

This is Negotiation 101, and progressive legislators either don't understand it, or are spineless. As a result they, and Americans, have been rolled yet again. What is depressing about this is that it should be a surprise to no one, but apparently has surprised many."

My comments:

See, this is the sad irony of the election of Barack Obama. He didn't mislead moderates and conservatives - we kinda knew he was mostly blowing smoke and saying anything to anybody to get their vote. He misled his base, the liberal left. And with the media humming through the grave yard he was successful. Our President needs to grow up in a hurry, get some better advice, find some sharper people to lead us with. That my friends, is his job.

Replies (2)

• The worm has turned:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-solod-warren/two-black-role-models-don_b_3944...

"...The expectations of real change that had people in tears a little over a year have been so thoroughly dashed that too many of his supporters feel betrayed by their naiveté; they feel, as I do, almost foolish for believing that the status quo could really be kicked out the door. Is it even possible for our national landscape to change? Can we really progress from a country of individuals all looking for their stake to a country that actually has the notion that a stake for everyone means more for all? Having worked for weeks and months for Obama, having written glowingly about his oratory skills and his ability to gather even the disenfranchised together, as well as capture that ephemeral youth vote, I stood at rallies and allowed myself that enormous surge of hope that connected me with the rest of the country. But what was our choice?

Even though many voted for Obama simply out of fury with the policies of the last eight years, there were more who truly put their faith in him that he could, with a majority vote and a majority in Congress, really get so many of the things done that the Democrats had been promising to do for years.

Instead, one of our finest thinkers has both compromised himself and allowed his party to also do so-- so much now that I find it almost impossible to listen to another news story about another great idea shot down by the Republicans and their panderers. The truth is that a couple of people--and I am not even sure, always who they are--are running our country and one of them is not our elected president. In a way we might as well have a dictator with his small cabal around him so little does the public desire get recognized. Even though a huge majority of Americans want health reform by all facts and polls, Republican leaders have gone on record saying the Democrats are out of touch with what "real Americans" want. And the Democrats, with a few exceptions, have been so mealy-mouthed that they haven't even talked back."

My comments: Thank you Tea Party participants. You woke up the media, shook up the blue-dog Democrats, and infused some semblance of a spine back into some Republicans. America is stronger than its leaders - sure is!

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 6:48 AM
  • Obama is not Bush's third term. Bush was one thing: Obama is another who will become a one term loser.

That's LOSER...L-O-S-E-R...ONE TERM. How much clearer does it need be for even the village idiot to finally get the logic of it?

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Dec 17, 2009, at 9:55 AM

Respond to this thread