Speak Out: Today is Call Claire Day!!

Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 8:45 AM:

What is Claire McCaskill Saying, Exactly?

In the brouhaha over Lieberman, I haven't seen much attention paid to this, from Missouri's Claire McCaskill:

http://meganmcardle.theatlantic.com/archives/2009/12/what_is_claire_mccaskill_sa...

"The whole reason we're doing this bill is to bring down cost, first for the American people in health care, and secondly for the deficit," said Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri. "So until we get the numbers back from the Congressional Budget Office, we're all on hold."

Asked if she would vote against the bill if it raised health care costs overall, she said, "Absolutely."

But what does she mean by costs? If she means spending, she just announced that she's voting against it, because that's the one thing everyone agrees that every bill does; if you want to cover more people, you have to spend more money. Does she mean the rate of cost inflation? Government spending? Insurance premiums? The health care portion of the budget deficit? Only a few of them give you a yes vote; the others all say "No." There seems to be a lot of speculation that she's paving the way to back out if this thing gets any more unpopular.

Sooooooo...

http://thedanashow.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/activists-to-protest-outside-mccaski...

This from Concerned Women for America:

Meet us at High Noon at Senator McCaskill's office 5850 Delmar Tuesday, December 15 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM

TO OPPOSE HARRY REID'S TAKEOVER OF HEALTHCARE.

Senators in Washington DC, called a CODE RED on the same day and time to meet there with them to stand against Reid and his attempt to ram this through the Senate.

This is day and this is the hour to take a stand for your Health Care Freedom!

We need all the minutemen!!!

If you can't join us be sure to call McCaskill on Tuesday. It has been a problem getting through Senator McCaskill's Washington DC office to even leave a voicemail. Try to get through and if you can't, call Senator Bond's office (202-224-5721) and ask his staff to deliver a message to the Junior Senator for you. Wouldn't that be a treat to see, Bond's staffers running over to McCaskill's office with handsful of phone messages!!! After you call DC, call each of McCaskill's district offices where we have been successful in getting through to either a live person or at least been able to leave a voicemail.

Senator Claire McCaskill

Washington, D.C. 20510

(202) 224-6154

FAX (202) 228-6326

St. Louis

Phone: 314-367-1364

Fax: 314-361-8649

Cape Girardeau

Phone 573-651-0964

Fax 573-334-4278

Columbia

Phone: 573-442-7130

Fax: 573-442-7140

Kansas City

Phone 816-421-1639

Fax 816-421-2562

Springfield

Phone 417-868-8745

Fax 417-831-1349

The fight is on in the U.S. Senate over the future of your health care and the proper role of government. Senator Reid only needs 3 more VOTES to make government-run health care a reality in America.

If that happens, brace yourself for:

Roughly $500 billion in tax INCREASES

Mandates forcing you into government insurance

$464 billion in Medicare CUTS

Higher Insurance Premiums

A cost of $2.5 Trillion that just might break the Treasury.

We can't let Washington come between you or your child and your doctor! YOU CAN HELP STOP HARRY REID. Join us in Washington DC on December 15 to tell Washington to keep their hands off our health care.

Replies (6)

• Let's see what the final product looks like. We may all be blowing a lot of smoke for nothing.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 1:01 PM
  • By the time the American people see the final product, it will already be too late!

Why else is this deal being cooked behind closed doors. No one uninvited may attend. Even another Senator.

Obama promised it would be televised. Obama lies.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 1:08 PM
  • called, left a message, hopefully not on deaf ears.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 1:13 PM
  • Except the light at the end of the tunnel might be a train. Nope, they owe us discussion, debate and deliberation - not a pig in a poke. howdy, you and me both deserve better than that from them.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 1:20 PM
  • One of the rather worrying things is ...

The actual financial impact of the 'health care bill' won't be known for several years after it's passed ... The first few years before it is actually a reality (assuming the date for it to take effect after the next presidential election hasn't been changed), and possibly a very few years afterward, will probably look pretty good, as we would have been paying for it in advance ... although there will certainly be some expenses before that time ... i.e., a new department necessitating more offices to house more employees (all whom will be eligible for their own Federal Employees' health plan).

After that ...

I know, I've said it before ... there is not one single person who could possibly comprehend ... or actually even know ... every single thing in this continually-changing 2,000+ page bill. All the 'hot-topic' things we have heard discussed (abortion and illegal alien funding, Medicare cuts plus Medicare expansion, etc.) are obviously only a very small part of it. From the president on down, I think everyone in this country is going to be in for some major surprises when/if this is passed ... and I doubt those are going to be 'good' surprises, at least not for the majority of Americans.

This comment after the first article struck me as funny ... "It sounds like she was intentionally vague." Isn't this typical of the average politician?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 6:06 PM
  • I predict no matter what the health care bill winds up being.... Claire McCaskill will vote with the herd, for the bill.

And if it happens as I predict, we need to defeat her in the next election.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 15, 2009, at 6:20 PM

Respond to this thread