Speak Out: Kennedy's Assassination

Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 1:16 PM:

Fascinating to say the least. Two Oswalds..humm

A Dodge Rambler..humm

Replies (32)

• I'm not going to get in to all of the conspiracy theories that have been brought out through the years, all I know we lost one of the greatest Presidents in our country's history on November 22nd 1963. Our family was a strong supporter of John F Kennedy when he spoke to the people he spoke the truth and did not beat around the bushes he was a strong leader both domestic and foreign policy and we all respected President Kennedy back in the day. That day was so sad and very tragic for our country I will never forget.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 3:24 PM
  • A very interesting read. I do remember Jim Garrison but was so busy at the time that I never really followed it and do not remember how he finally went away.

I have for some time felt Lyndon Johnson would have been more involved than to just fall into the office of President by default. And he did hate and despise Kennedy.

In my own mind, I have a hard time with Oswald having killed Kennedy.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 3:49 PM
  • "I have for some time felt Lyndon Johnson would have been more involved than to just fall into the office of President by default."

Johnson was a dirty politician. I always felt if there were someone else involved it would be him. Go back to Brown and Root and the money Lady Bird made off of them.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 5:58 PM
  • This thread is not worth reading till some random guy tells us all how it really is.....😱

-- Posted by rocknroll on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:27 PM
  • BC

Interesting link.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:57 PM
  • I was working at a naval ammunition depot in Indiana the day Kennedy was killed. The Nixon voters (losers) applauded at the news. How low have we become?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 6:35 AM
  • I was working at a naval ammunition depot in Indiana the day Kennedy was killed. The Nixon voters (losers) applauded at the news. How low have we become?

I do not believe that for one minute!

I was around plenty of both Kennedy and Nixon fans within an hour of it happening and I never heard one indication of applause.

I was in my truck driving south on Midland Blvd north of Olive St Rd. on my way to pick up parts, when the news came over the radio.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 10:15 AM
  • As I was never a celebrity worshipper, I was not devastated. A president was shot, another took over. Life went on.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 11:49 AM

I do remember the liberals joyous comments on here when Reagan died. But I only remember sorrow when Kennedy died.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 12:14 PM
  • Found this "A: The Warren Commission said Oswald left the book depository moments after shots were fired from the sixth floor, returned by bus and cab to his rooming house, then ventured out again -- soon encountering a Dallas police officer who stopped him based on descriptions of the assassination suspect. According to the commission, Oswald fatally shot Patrolman J.D. Tippit with a handgun, then fled into a nearby movie theater, where he was soon arrested"

I thought I remembered he was spotted soon after by Tippit, not long enough after to go home and back.

I don't remember anyone happy about Kennedy's death but do remember a lot of people thinking Johnson had something to do with it.

If Johnson was what history reveals, I can see him wanting Kennedy gone.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 12:33 PM
  • Not surprised by denials from wheels and regret.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:20 PM
  • Were these speak out discussion forums even in existence in June 2004?

-- Posted by Spaniard on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 5:11 PM

You should know. You were there back then crying and whining about Bush.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:39 PM
  • Spaniard, Meg, Ike, and countless other usernames.

Are you trying to say it started after Obama's first election? You cant spin this.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:47 PM
  • "Let the discussion begin

Posted by Matt Sanders on Thu, May 28, 2009, at 10:24 PM:

Here it is, the Speak Out forum. Have at it folks, but keep things clean."

http://www.semissourian.com/forums/speak...

-- Posted by Spaniard on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 5:14 PM

Ike, that is not a revelation.... Speak Out was already in operation for some time. The threads came later (May 2009) and were a bonus where people could start their own discussions of interest. As usual you have part of the story.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:56 PM
  • Not surprised by denials from wheels and regret.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:20 PM

Dexter,

I pity people like you. So burned up inside with hate. Read the information on this link if you think anyone cheered Kennedy's death. To begin with it would have got you hurt to cheer about it in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_the_assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy

You need to admit you lied or show us a link that backs up your statement, because I assure you it would have been newsworthy had anyone cheered.

And then maybe I am being too hard on you. Perhaps you are so old and senile that you confuse the cheering of Kennedy's death with the Arab's cheering of the 911 disaster.

It didn't happen and you know it!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 9:10 PM
  • I would have thought the far left would be the biggest mourners being his executive order Ok'd federal employees public service unions.

BC, You think people in our federal government and it's agencies could do such a thing as kill a president?

It is my opinon that some recent presidents were reason for a lot of people turning up dead, and I'm not talking about wars or drone stikes.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 10:59 PM
  • Wheels I lived through that experience. There were no cell phone videos.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 6:39 AM
  • Well, given that that makes you somewhere around 70 years old, I reckon your memory could be a bit cloudy...

There may have been a handful of applause. But Kennedy was a Navy man, as was Nixon, so I find it hard to imagine that any of those in the Supply Depot were overjoyed at the loss of one of their own.

How do you know they were Nixon voters? Did they still wear their pins so long after the election was over?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 7:04 AM
  • Wheels I lived through that experience. There were no cell phone videos.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 6:39 AM

So did I, and I remember nothing but mourning a lost President, even by those who were not his biggest fans.

Your statement still doesn't pass the smell test of hatred for a political party and you seeing another opportunity to spew your vile hatred.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:58 AM
  • It would seem to me that people working in a Naval facility cheering the assassination of a President in the 1960s would shortly find themselves out of work and standing before a Courts Martial, if they were uniformed members, or before some other disciplining body if they were not. Methinks it also probable they would be quite bruised and battered when they stood there.

Regardless of party, military members would not take kindly to those who cheered the murder of a Commander-in-Chief. That was, mind you, before the days of Vietnam.

I'm not saying it's a lie, I'm merely saying I don't believe it.

But, then again, Dexterite could have been working in the midst of a group of Cuban sympathizers, or perhaps with a group of Diem's supporters. Or, perhaps, there really were exactly 57 card-carrying members of the Communist Party in the Department of Defense, and he just happened to stumble upon them in his job. Or, more likely, he was working amongst the conspirators who cheered the success of their efforts, and he mistakenly identified them as Nixon voters.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 12:20 PM
  • Are you trying to say it started after Obama's first election? You cant spin this.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 17, 2013, at 8:47 PM

Spin what? That you got caught in a bald-faced lie?

-- Posted by Spaniard on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:11 AM

So Meg

When did it start. Are you saying 2009?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • Spin what? That you got caught in a bald-faced lie?

-- Posted by Spaniard on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:11 AM

What was the lie Meg? You say it started in 2009 but I remember you using the term Mooseburger Palin. Man you guys lie upon lies. No wonder you like Obama.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 6:10 PM
  • But there were comments on speak-out posts prior to that, if I am remembering correctly.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 7:49 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 7:50 PM
  • Here we have Sarah Palin who has raised a little tramp, who has been an underage drinker for years, and who is now knocked up. One of you said that Sarah Palin isn't to blame for what her 17 year old daughter did. Who raised the little tramp? Who passed along her moral values to the little tramp Bristol Palin? If Sarah Palin isn't responsible for the trampish behaviour of her own daughter, then who is? Santa Claus?

Sarah Palin, Bristol Palin, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

-- Posted by Robert Goodbody on Tue, Sep 9, 2008, at 1:09 AM

Spaniard I forgot about this alias of yours.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:01 PM
  • All of the post were removed long ago. I've tried to go back and find some comment but they have been long gone. I remember Matt giving all of us the third degree at least once a month. Back then you would be deleted, posts, threads, and all.

I wonder why Spaniard calls me wiffle if I wasn't there?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:09 PM
  • Ike knows not of what he speaks. Speak Out predates the Forums by quite a while, not sure how long.

But, I saw Bush catching plenty of hell well before the 2008 elections.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:17 PM
  • There is a name that is conspicuously absent from both the 2007 and the 2008 post. It was purged some time back.... completely.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Nov 18, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • I skimmed through this and found it to be somewhat believable. I think I am like most that can't really get a handle on what I believe about the who, what and why JFK was murdered.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/assassinations/kennedy/john-kennedy-assassination-fac...

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 2:13 AM
  • I saw the interview with the attending physician in Dallas last night. I never knew about the back brace that may have cost him his life.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 7:12 AM
  • Regret, I didn't see that but watched some of the TV shows just aired. I'm a little slow to catch on but figure you're saying the brace kept him upright and in line for the second bullet.

I saw one explaination debunking the magic bullet that appeared to prove Connely was is direct line of fire of the first shot, then I see pretty good evidence of a fourth, maybe fifth. I watched a lot of this stuff, TV and Internet and came to the conclusion that what ever the truth be, it was either by way of incompetence or intent obstructed.

Shall we live long enough for the next round of facts to be released?

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 3:26 AM

Respond to this thread