Speak Out: So you don't mind your health information being out there.?

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 14, 2013, at 8:24 PM:

Replies (40)

• I mind. Very much so I mind.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Nov 14, 2013, at 10:14 PM
  • I recently signed a hippa form and as usual YOU are wrong. Please turn off Fox.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 6:17 AM
  • Not to mention all the security issues with the new site.

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 8:50 AM
  • We will all be speaking chinese soon anyway.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:10 AM
  • What health information will they have access to and how will they get it?

Answer: everything in the "chart", since they mandate EHR = EMR = electronic health/medical records. It will be forwarded to the data hub.

Please investigate Citizens Council for Health Freedom, cchfreedom.org, and especially their information on HIPAA such as this page:

http://www.cchfreedom.org/cchf.php/268#.UoY_pidQCqw

Do minor children deserve privacy, or must the central government know all about them?

Answer: You should be concerned about Common Core, which will collect data on little school children. Some children's schools track lunch accounts with fingerprints. Kids get their picture taken with biometric cameras. Add to that all the demographic data in the child's school file.

Is a picture forming in your mind? I hope so.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:38 AM
  • Why would you use such a biased site as politifact?

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 10:12 AM
  • Agents of the feds can find out anything they want about anybody anytime. The ACA, HPPA nor any other act will prevent it if they set their minds to it. Might as well move onto something else.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • Which of the claims in the link do you take issue with?

-- Posted by miccheck on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 10:42 AM

Why would I pay any attention to any claims made on an openly biased site? Obviously, you wanted us to accept their opinion because they are a fact checker.

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 1:26 PM
  • Miccheck made a statement using politifact.com as a source. He evidently expected us to accept his statement as the truth because it is backed up by an 'impartial' fact-checking site. I merely stated (and stand by that comment) that I do not accept claims made by an openly biased site.

"PolitiFact is not that honest fact-checker. And these aren't isolated cases. Once widely regarded as a unique, rigorous and reasonably independent investigator of political claims, PolitiFact now declares conservatives wrong three times more often than liberals. More pointedly, the journalism organization concludes that conservatives have flat out lied nine times more often than liberals.

If you were a fact-checker yourself, you might reasonably conclude that PolitiFact is biased -- that it favors liberals over conservatives. But PolitiFact continues to assert its impartiality."

If you are interested, read the rest of the article at:

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/30/politifact-bias-does-the-gop-tell-nine-tim...

Politifact has a very liberal bias. I would have no objection to it's use if it recognized it's own bias. But it claims to be impartial. The organization is operated by the Tampa Bay Times, a very liberal newspaper and the opinions of the reporters affect their judgement.

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 2:00 PM
  • We will all be speaking chinese soon anyway.

Dexter,

I can hardly wait for you to start speaking Chinese. It will be an improvement on your normal gibberish!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 2:22 PM
  • It's not my website. I just posted it because I think it does a good job of explaining how ridiculous this "data hub" idea is. If you think it is lacking in some way, please share why you feel that way.

-- Posted by miccheck on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 1:54 PM

The data hub is a reality. Instead of looking at sites that lean your way talk to your doctor about the upcoming mandates. Why do you think the doc offices have been working overtime making their patients information electronic? So the government will be able to make the decisions whether or not to give you care and if you are worth it. They are going to be broke so death panels come to mind......

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 3:08 PM
  • Let's run the gamut of miccheck spin today. First, the argument:

"You've still not posted one shred of evidence that anyone is going to be getting your personal medical information."

"I just posted it because I think it does a good job of explaining how ridiculous this "data hub" idea is"

"In fact, I've posted reputable sources saying your crap is, in fact, a bunch of BS"

=================

And then the mea culpa:

"I never meant to give the impression that I didn't believe a data hub exists."

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 4:08 PM
  • You cannot have a meaningful discussion with anyone who uses Left Wing Blogs as a source for proof. The information coming from them is virtually meaningless.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 4:23 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 4:32 PM
  • Interesting little p*ss party going on. Mic,get back with a personal experience in your doctors office soon. I had mine last month. HIPPAA, Ha. It's all out there. Reality shock.

Dis,love me some Twain:

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 5:31 PM
  • Me-thinks miccheck is a right-wing strong conservative that wants control over people

Ain't no Liberal , for sure...

-- Posted by Dissidents. on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 5:57 PM

Whoa up there Diss. She ain't no Conservative. I am a Conservative and we could not be further apart in our views. I would say a Left Wing-Nut more adequately fits the description.

But I sure don't want her in my column.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 6:17 PM
  • "...a personal experience in your doctors office..."

Had one. There was a form asking various innocuous questions the last one of which was: "I prefer not to answer. Yes or no."

Another typical conservative project to construct a mole hill out of an ant hill.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 6:40 PM
  • "...a personal experience in your doctors office..."

Had one. There was a form asking various innocuous questions the last one of which was: "I prefer not to answer. Yes or no."

Another typical conservative project to construct a mole hill out of an ant hill.

And then you come along and take that mole hill and create a mountain out of it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 6:42 PM
  • Another typical conservative project to construct a mole hill out of an ant hill.

This liberal mess is going to be a mountain. The reason many don't care about the cost is they wont be paying for it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 8:37 PM
  • -- Posted by miccheck on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:09 AM

We will all be speaking chinese soon anyway.

Why will we be speaking chinese soon?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 8:42 PM
  • Always projecting...

-- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 8:39 PM

I'm right. Would you want to pay double for your healthcare like this guy? That would make a house payment.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/20131115-160400.jpg

BTW

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/18/New-ObamaCare-Rule-HHS-and-IR...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:16 PM
  • Sorry wheels

Like a liberal I didn't see the mountain.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:17 PM
  • Sorry wheels

Like a liberal I didn't see the mountain.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Nix, not a problem Regrets. Been out for a spell. It has been a busy day.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 10:54 PM
  • Geez, I should have started at the bottem and read Regret's post first. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 15, 2013, at 11:28 PM
  • No-bid obamacare contractor linked to 20 troubled government projects.

Ya, I have no doubt the government is capable of safeguarding my personal information.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:30 AM
  • FBI warns of federal breaches.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fbi-anonymous-hackers-breach/2013/11/16/id/5370...

Again, I have no doubt that the government will safeguard my personal information.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:34 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:34 AM

I have a deep appreciation for a person with confidence, like you have!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 9:37 AM
  • Wheels,

The government loves us and exists to serve us. Or so the government and it's defenders tell me so.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 9:54 AM
  • Again, I have no doubt that the government will safeguard my personal information.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 8:34 AM

Can you imagine how some information could make you a ton of money. Sports player having a bad knee, a CEO with prostate cancer, or someone being blackmailed. Of coarse the liberal Obama crew will deny that could happen.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 9:59 AM
  • Wheels,

The government loves us and exists to serve us. Or so the government and it's defenders tell me so.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 9:54 AM

Thank you! Positive reinforcement is what I need.... it will help me make it through the day.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 10:18 AM
  • Wheels

Glad I could help. Have a great day and remember to thank government for your existence.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 10:56 AM

Got it! And a good day to you as well. ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 11:01 AM
  • "...deposit tax money into someone's bank account , they can take it out too..."

And where is that written?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 1:11 PM
  • friend had his backhoe taken away and auctioned by the IRS.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:01 PM
  • "...how else could a direct deposit be made if it doesn't have a person's account and routing number in a data base??"

Think maybe there's a difference between a deposit and a withdrawl?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:10 PM
  • riend had his backhoe taken away and auctioned by the IRS.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:01 PM

Regrets,

We worked on a job, that something went awry on. Fortunately we had completed our work and pulled off the job totally. A concrete contractor was not so lucky. He came back to find the IRS had chained and locked it to a tree. Didn't matter who owned it, they seized the property.

Ask Wayne Cryts how that works.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:24 PM
  • Awwwk! "IRS had chained and locked it to a tree."

Make that 'IRS had chained and locked his concrete mixer to a tree.'

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:27 PM
  • ometimes bolt cutters are life savers ☺

-- Posted by Dissidents. on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 4:29 PM

I don't know about the backhoe but a friend came home from the oil patch to find his house sealed with yellow IRS tamper proof tape. He thought they wouldn't do it but they did. He Paid the next day.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 5:06 PM
  • The IRS has just proved under Obama that they are next to God Almighty.

Conservative group wanting I believe it was 501C status stall them and make them turn in information they had no legal right to.

Liberal group like Obama's brother, we will rush you through and backdate your status.

Good thing we are in a free country where all men are created equal.... just not treated equally.

Try not purchasing health care under the Obamacare plan and see where they go to get their money for your Penalty....... oops, sorry, the Supreme Court says that is a Tax.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 5:14 PM
  • You got that right wheels

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 16, 2013, at 5:52 PM

Respond to this thread