Speak Out: You Gotta Watch This!This is Modern-Tech at its finest. Very approiate for this coming "Christmas"

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 5:35 PM:

Elvis, When he was really "The King" - Martina McBride was digitally dropped in to this track in 2008...Best close-up of Elvis I've ever seen!!!!

Check it out! .. Click on link below.

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=5mCzgDf_lCZ3uKBDkKLY2_dqmD4_S0...

Replies (5)

• Great

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 5:40 PM
  • That is terrific. I love anything that has to do with Elvis. I saw him at Kiel Auditorium on March 10, 1957 and his hit song at that time was "All Shook Up". If you remember him wearing that gold suit, that's what he was wearing that night. I will never forget it if I live to be 100. In my opinion, anyone who did not grow up in the 60's missed a time that is cherished by many. Great post Wheels and thanks.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 6:11 PM
  • Howdy,

I am glad you enjoyed it and hope others do as well. The technology they seem to have perfected blows my mind.

Let this be my Christmas prsemt to the posters on here. About all you will get though... cause I'm cheap you know :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 6:25 PM
  • Howdy, Yes indeed, a great time to grow up. Even for like me that did't get out much. In the late '50s I remember so many who left high school and went straight to St. Louis for a job with Emerson, a car factory or aircraft plant only to return within a couple of weeks or so with a new car. The '60s I remember most was awakening to a world outside a rural farm. Elvis' music and style was not that quickly accepted. Each hit song wasn't really being appreciated in rural America untill it had been replaced by the next. When the shaggy haired brittish group came folks really started to listen to Elvis' music and rethink their music taste.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 6:37 PM
  • John,

I graduated high school in 56 got married the fall of 57, first child born in 59, and the next 30 years of the outside world I missed most of. Just working to pay the bills and raise a family was my life for the most part.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 12, 2009, at 7:05 PM

Respond to this thread