Speak Out: Declaration Of Dependence

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 7:57 PM:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/freedomworks-obama-bureaucracy-entitlement/2013...

Right or wrong, interesting take on current administration's beliefs/motives.

Replies (17)

• Freedom we are in one hell of a mess. Up side down on our heads never seen it like this before. This is what happens when you have no leadership.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 8:40 PM
  • Don't disagree swampeast. Been headed in this direction long before this current administration though. May have accelerated since 2009, but plenty of blame to go around none-the-less.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 8:48 PM
  • It is my hope that sometime soon more people will realize how far we have strayed away from the principles on which this country was founded. So many people today are convinced that government is able to meet their needs. These same people are/seem unaware that government can give something to them only by taking it away from others. It is not yet too late to return to the principles that made America great. The first step is to realize how far we have fallen.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 8:58 PM
  • Local and state governments must reclaim their sovereignty. One way they can do this is for their citizens to demand refusal of federal handouts of plunder, and nullification of federal law or regulation which is outside the scope of the Constitution. This encompasses about 99% of what the federal government is doing. My take, anyway.

Here is a very interesting concept: rather than the federal government having any power whatsoever to tax, the states put the federal government on an allowance...everything the federal government "needs" to conduct its Constitutionally limited duties is given it by the states. That would restore a load of state sovereignty. The 'creation' (the federal government) would be properly under the control of the 'creator' (the states.)

Hat tip to Patrick Henry.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:08 PM
  • I am so thoroughly demoralized and dis-incentivized by the c*** that is going on that I can hardly stand to open my eyes in the morning.

The pressure to underachieve is enormous. Why should I practice my craft, when I am to have no control, no say, in what I do and how I do it? It is a ridiculous endurance exercise, going into business--and I mean real business, free-market stuff, not this "sham" business of public/private partnership with government grants.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:12 PM
  • Givemeliberty

Sounds great in theory, but the federal gov't would fight to the death to keep it's power, and unfortunately the federal's military is infinitely more powerful and better equipped than the state militias.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:16 PM
  • Hold your head up GML. Let the takers go at it. Sooner or later they will get their aid cut and the can stand on the corner with a cup. I never hired the people that didn't take a lesser job and waited until their benefits ran out. These people will always be worthless slackers.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:27 PM
  • -- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 9:08 PM

It is my thought too that the states should fund the federal government, not the federal government funding the states.

Was Hamilton a bad influence? I think so.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 4, 2013, at 11:10 PM
  • We Regret to Inform U,

Thanks.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 6:26 AM
  • -- Posted by Simple_Minds on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 6:49 AM

The so called leader doesn't lead very well. As a community organizer all he knows is division and making one side despise the other. Bush, Clinton, and Reagan could rally both sides of the isle and work with them but Obama has caused total lockup. So what do the liberals say? "It's the republicans fault".

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 8:14 AM
  • I suggest shut the whole thing down , reset and clear the financial books , and start all over again .

-- Posted by Simple_Minds on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 6:49 AM

Would that be kinda like clicking the "reset to factory defaults" option on my computer? Sounds easy enough.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 8:35 AM
  • I wish it were that simple. But it is possible.

All we need do is rescind the 16th amendment, thus abolishing the income tax and the IRS. As soon as we cut off or reduce the flow of money to the government we will reduce the power of government to interfere in our lives.

After that I would suggest we eliminate the alphabet soup of departments which the executive branch uses to circumvent Congress. FBI, NSA, CIA, etc. Reduce the power and scope of the federal government. Return the power to the states, local governments, and people according to the original intent of the founding fathers.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 10:37 AM
  • I don't see any way out of this mess without hitting the bottom and starting all over again if people think different they need there head examined over 17 trillion in debt, 126 trillion unfunded liabilities and now this train wreck law called Obamacare now you tell me how we will get out of this mess I sure would like to know.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 11:34 AM
  • "I don't see any way out of this mess without hitting the bottom and starting all over again "

Well, we are getting to that bottom pretty quick.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 2:39 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 9:07 PM
  • I am sure that in the near future we will hear the horror stories of these people as they 'suffer greatly' for the time that they are 'deprived' of their food stamps. I am slso sure it is not their fault. :-)

'If you feed a person he will be hungry again within hours. If you teach him to fish he will feed himself for a lifetime.'

Providing fish gives government a reason to expand. And makes liberal/progressives feel they have accomplished something.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 6:26 AM
  • -- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 6:26 AM

They have been taught to take what they can get without any loss of pride.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 8:08 AM

Respond to this thread