Speak Out: Biden The Bully

Posted by dchannes on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 9:01 PM:

I couldn't hear what Ryan was trying to say because Biden kept interrupting. It's unclear what Biden's point are as well. The only reason I could hear what Biden 'spoke' was because Ryan didn't interrupt him.

Wow.

Replies (35)

• Honestly. I'm pretty sure Joe Biden has got a severe problem. I believe his cheese slipped off his cracker. At least that's the way he comes off.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 9:14 PM
  • I recorded it since I was doing payroll tonight. I have stepped into the living room a couple of times and saw Biden laughing as Ryan spoke. Smiling is one thing but laughing is a little strong.

I'm sure the liberals love it after Obama's big loss. BTW Biden can't handle his own personal finances so I don't see him as a credible financial authority.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 9:28 PM
  • As I see it, expect to hear all day Friday how Biden won the debate.

Romney had his day and it's time to tear down this lesser known vice presidential candidate.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 9:33 PM
  • OJ

Biden was the guy that had the experience. That was known weeks ago.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 9:36 PM
  • Repost:

The moderator let Joe constantly interrupt. She did not have control of the debate as the talking heads claim. It ticked me off a bit because half the time I couldn't hear what Ryan was saying because Biden was talking over him and no reins from the so called moderator.

Regret, when you watch the tape, pay attention to the constant interrupting by Biden. That won't go over well with people from the south who don't cotton to that kinda rudeness.

Just when I thought Biden couldn't lower himself in my estimation....he did.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 10:18 PM
  • "I'm pretty sure Joe Biden has got a severe problem. I believe his cheese slipped off his cracker." -- Posted by dchannes

This is the prize comment of the evening. Says it so well!

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 10:41 PM
  • The "real" Joe Biden? Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsQXws7FnE

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 10:42 PM
  • Dug, That reminds me of how Hillary and Barry can talk with the accent of their audience.

The three of them should get the Perot "You People" award.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 11:15 PM
  • voyager, just call 'em like I see 'em. But, thank you. :)

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 11:36 PM
  • I was looking forward to all the debates this fall until now. I was really hoping for some intelligent back and forth. First we have BHO looking and acting as if he just finished a bong pipe. When he came to the next day it started in with his shuck and jive show again. Then we get to watch Uncle Joe,who acted like he had a full pot of Irish coffee before becoming an obnoxious bully. If there was to be any substance in these debates from the Democrats it has been lost on the morning after talk of the smarmy,smirky and holier than thou attitudes.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Fri, Oct 12, 2012, at 8:58 AM
  • Ike,

If I were you, I would be crying too.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Oct 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM
  • WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! -- Posted by Spaniard on Fri, Oct 12, 2012, at 9:23 AM

Ike is crying because of the congressional testimony of a Lt. Colonel and another that begged the administration for more security when they were in Libya and then warned of the consequences of removing security. It makes Ike's call for Obama's impeachment even more true.

The American ambassador in Paris has a marine detachments assigned to him? And the ambassador to Libya's security was reduced and he was denied protection by Obama?

Your sarcastic "WHAAA" rings hollow to the real tears of ambassador Steven's family and 3 other Americans over the preventable and senseless murder. And then the Obama admin lying about what really happened for two weeks - to win votes from people like Ike.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 12, 2012, at 9:56 AM
  • Ooooh, Poor Paul Ryan! Joe Biden was laughing at Ryan's lies, at his brazen, inaccurate statements. As in, "Can you believe the &$%@ that's is coming out of his mouth?

You may despise Barack Obama and will vote for Romney/Ryan, but you are being lied to. They just think that you are too uninformed to know the difference.

I LOVED Joe Biden's performance. You guys have been accustomed to not being taken to task. The debate on Tuesday will not be a repeat of the first "debate".

-- Posted by donacita on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 6:29 AM
  • When Ryan was lying (which was often) one must laugh and shout to stop the lies.

Great job Joe, cant trust these R/R lies on Soc Sec, abortion, medicare, etc. R/R says the details are coming later, no specifics as they are still conceiving and deceiving them.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 7:46 AM
  • "Joe Biden was laughing at Ryan's lies"

I wonder if Joe laughs every time he hears a lie...that would explain a lot of things.

"one must laugh and shout to stop the lies."

That's what people without debate skills do.

-- Posted by dchannes on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 8:59 AM
  • Joe came off as a clown.... maybe better described as the Court Jester.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 10:27 AM
  • Remember how Johnson didn't want his picture taken with anyone taller than him. He always wanted to look the tallest. That's similar to Obama always wanting to appear smart and explains why he chose Biden.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 11:47 AM
  • That was a political debate? I thought it was a bad episode of Bevis and Butthead.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 4:18 PM
  • Vandeven: "That was a political debate? I thought it was a bad episode of Bevis and Butthead."

You are mistaken, that animated comedy took place on Thursday, October 14, 2010.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1672429.html

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Sun, Oct 14, 2012, at 7:39 AM
  • Oh, I must of struck a nerve. Did the incumbent get some new polling data? Her lickspittles usually ignore me. I am honored.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sun, Oct 14, 2012, at 9:31 AM
  • Great job Joe, cant trust these R/R lies on Soc Sec, abortion, medicare, etc. R/R says the details are coming later, no specifics as they are still conceiving and deceiving them.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Oct 13, 2012, at 7:46 AM

Got a link?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Oct 14, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 9:24 AM
  • Joe Biden is a buffoon, rude and insuferable. To consider that he has been only one heartbeat from the Presidency is staggering. To allow him to continue in that capacity for another four years transcends all reason and common sense.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 5:01 PM
  • Rick, you don't have to meet a mountain lion to know him by his tracks. I am not anxious for an in person introduction to either.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 5:25 PM
  • Very good video wheels

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 6:43 PM
  • Regrets,

Just a little more copy and paste of the thread. Just thought it was so appropriate.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Oct 15, 2012, at 8:14 PM
  • I thought they both sounded over-rehearsed and over-scripted. Mr. Ryan presented his talking points calmly and clearly, for the most part, while Mr. Biden presented his talking points while shouting and trying to appear angry (sometimes looking more comical than serious, in my humble opinion).

Neither of them really impressed me. It was clear to me that Mr. Biden had been reading the commentary on Mr. Obama's failure, and was coached on how not to repeat that. He tossed out the cliche's that Mr. Obama's supporters faulted him for not tossing out, and he did so while shaking his finger, shouting, and interrupting. It was all theatre.

Mr. Ryan's calmer demeaner was better, again in my humble opinion, but after the second or third time of asking the moderator to moderate, when it was clear that wasn't going to happen, began to come across as whining.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 6:46 PM
  • The facts, however, appeared to favour Mr. Ryan. Mr. Biden was able to present his half-truths and misconceptions more forcefully, but that was clearly intended to prevent Mr. Ryan's factual refutations from catching hold.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 6:48 PM
  • Hunter, is it difficult to call someone half your age "Mr"?

Also, I agree with you that Ryan, while in the beginning, seemed to just be keeping his cool he, in the end, just appeared boyish. What he may have thought was gentlemanly behavior wound up looking a bit weak. Because even a gentleman, when pushed to the limit will rise up and give rudeness a slap in the face.

I tell you this though, it's a bit spooky to have Biden as the guy sitting next to the guy that's next to the "Red Button".

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 9:12 PM
  • I thought Biden did a great job. He knew what he was talking about and didn't whine. Ryan just couldn't answer questions truthfully and got caught on that several time. Check the facts.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 11:56 PM
  • Joe Biden was so unprofessional as to be embarassing to this country. Quit trying to color the facts.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 11:59 PM
  • Wheels, I think someone is coloring out of the lines. :)

I start my 4 day sentence Fri. I best get my 4:59 minutes. Good night.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 19, 2012, at 12:11 AM
  • Good Night Old John. Still have another hours worth of work to do.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Oct 19, 2012, at 12:48 AM
  • "Hunter, is it difficult to call someone half your age "Mr"?"

Not for me. I routinely refer even to elementary school students as 'Mr.' or 'Miss'. However, I generally refer to them by their first name, such as 'Mr. Joseph' or 'Miss Jane'. I can't say that I have a hard-and-fast rule for switching from first to last names in that usage.

When I was young, it was somewhat common for young men to referred to as 'master'. I never understood that, and did not use it myself. I remember receiving correspondence addressed to 'Master Shapley Hunter', and thinking they had misspelled 'mister'. :)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Oct 19, 2012, at 6:51 AM
  • A gentleman is always at a disadvantage with someone who is not.

Mr. Biden was no gentleman and conducted himself as a buffoon and bore. He is an embarrassment to the Democratic Party as well as to himself.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Oct 19, 2012, at 8:19 AM

Respond to this thread