Speak Out: The Republican Party Today

Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:11 AM:

It seems to me that the motto of today's Republican party is "Reward the Rich, Penalize the Poor and let the rest fend for themselves". For example: Sixty-two percent of the Ryan budget plan would come from low-income programs.

But why not? Republicans believe that poor people are lazy and/or on drugs.....you know, the typical stereotype.

They are deluding themselves that they are Christians.

Replies (71)

• "They are deluding themselves that they are Christians."

And it could be said the Democrats.... when they are not out there killing babies are quoting bible verses.

Ever heard the one "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:21 AM
  • "Sixty-two percent of the Ryan budget plan would come from low-income programs."

Because that's where the money is spent. You can't make significant cuts to the budget without cutting the programmes that comprise a significant part thereof.

For example, from the 2010 budget:

Social Security comprises 19.63%

Unemployment/Welfare/Other entitlements comprise 16.13%

Medicare comprises 12.79%

Medicaid and SCHIP comprises 8.19%

Thus, we are 56.74% Before we've factored in discretionary spending such as the Department of Health and Human Services (2.22%) and The Department of Agriculture which administers the SNAP programme (1.48%) and the Department of Education (1.32%)

If you're going to get serious about cutting the budget, and we have to get serious about cutting the budget, you have to cut entitlements. That's where the spending is found.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:41 AM
  • -- Posted by Easy Moneys on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:30 AM

Rick,

I do not think you can totally seperate any person from their faith whatever that might be, as it has a tendancy to mold them into what they are. Your own Native American heritage and faith has molded you, and that is as it should be.

Just my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:42 AM
  • Yes, we Democrats are thrilled when someone gets an abortion. Makes our day. It's what we live for.

But on the subject, Republicans do not want Government involved in their lives. Why would they want the Government telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body? Talk about government getting involved!!

How would you handle the situation? Put the woman in jail? Put the doctor in jail? Or just stone the woman and shoot the doctor?

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:47 AM
  • Donacita, Donacita.... simmer down Sweetie. I was just trying to show you how stupid your comment about Republicans was.

We don't need government in every aspect of our lives, the Ten Commandments really should suffice. Guess you have to read them and decide for yourself what they mean.

Your little rant was just poorly thought out political rhetoric from the party talking points... now admit it and we can go on.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:53 AM
  • Listen Old Dude, I am not your sweetie. You are condescending and rude.

You intimate that I have never read the Ten Commandments. Condescending.

My comments are a "rant". Condescending.

Now, Now, Wheels. Perhaps you need a nap. (Condescending).

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:01 AM
  • Now, Now, Wheels. Perhaps you need a nap. (Condescending).

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:01 AM

Nope, just got up.

And the entire theme of your thread is nothing but Democratic Party Talking Points... and that is not condescending, just a fact.

Now just settle down, wait until November and vote your straight party ticket. It takes a lot of intelligence to do that.

Call that anything you like, but it you want to be looked up to, you're going to have to do better than party line lip syncing.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:10 AM
  • But on the subject, Republicans do not want Government involved in their lives. Why would they want the Government telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body? -- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:47 AM

Because murder is murder. Are you saying you want the government to stop prosecuting murderers because it involves "Government in their lives"?

A baby is not "your own body". A baby has it's own heartbeat, hands, brain, fingers, etc. If you want to murder yourself - have at it. The government can't stop you. Murdering an unborn child is just that. You would think since your president is giving away free condoms and birth control you democrats could figure how to stop having babies you don't want.

Another liberal democrat "pulling the chain" to keep you focused on wealth envy and greed. Forget unemployment, deficits and a failing economy. Just keep your eye on the rich. Sick.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:19 AM
  • Now, now Dug, talking back to a Democrat is condescending.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:22 AM
  • Wheels, if you think you don't spout Republican talking points, you are incorrect. My thoughts and comments are true to my beliefs. And please do not tell me how to vote:"a straight party ticket". Tell me, how many Democrats will you vote for? Hypocrite.

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:48 AM
  • " Tell me, how many Democrats will you vote for? Hypocrite."

Donacita,

At least one that I know of so far Sweetie. And there likely will be more. I vote for what I consider the more conservative candidate, no matter the label.

I see you have reinforcements from the "Far Left Loonie" side of the party now. Oh I forgot, that is the same side you come from.

Theorist,

Been expecting you... and you didn't disappoint.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:59 AM
  • Wheels: Condescend much? Name-call much? Is a Far Left Loonie the opposite of Far Right Nut Job?

Just askin'.

Theorist, I don't know you, but I guess we are now connected through our looniness!

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:12 AM
  • Theorist, I don't know you, but I guess we are now connected through our looniness!

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:12 AM

A factual statement!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:18 AM
  • Works for me.

-- Posted by donacita on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:27 AM
  • "But why not? Republicans believe that poor people are lazy and/or on drugs.....you know, the typical stereotype."

Isn't that a kind of typical stereotype of what Republicans believe?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:34 AM
  • Rick,

It's coming... soon as they get the sheeple and their conscience reconciled to voluntary abortion on demand.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:34 AM
  • Theorist,

There you go again... knowing exactly what everybody else is thinking.

You are one of the sheeple who fall right in line with the party dictates. On one hand you like to think that you are virtuous in your caring for the poor (who you are really helping to enslave), and on the other you condone murder of the unborn. You have been conditioned to think this way. I am sure it took place somewhere in your educational background when you were young and impressionable. Maybe at one of those college rallies with a lot of chanting and shouting "down with the establishment". Just a guess, as I do not have the gift that you have of knowing what everyone is thinking, but I would bet it is closer than you would like to admit.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:42 AM
  • Rick,

Hmmmm!

Your vision of her seems to vary somewhat from that of my own. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 12:16 PM
  • Sixty-two percent of the Ryan budget plan would come from low-income programs."

Because that's where the money is spent. You can't make significant cuts to the budget without cutting the programmes that comprise a significant part thereof.

For example, from the 2010 budget:

Social Security comprises 19.63%

Unemployment/Welfare/Other entitlements comprise 16.13%

Medicare comprises 12.79%

Medicaid and SCHIP comprises 8.19%

Thus, we are 56.74% Before we've factored in discretionary spending such as the Department of Health and Human Services (2.22%) and The Department of Agriculture which administers the SNAP programme (1.48%) and the Department of Education (1.32%)

If you're going to get serious about cutting the budget, and we have to get serious about cutting the budget, you have to cut entitlements. That's where the spending is found.

Along with the defense portion of the budget.It needs cuts also if you are serious about spending cuts. 18.74%

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=12652

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fy2010_spending_by_category.jpg

-- Posted by Therealworld on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 12:46 PM
  • -- Posted by Easy Moneys on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 12:28 PM

Certainly has been for me so far. Yesterday was a depressing day. I had to suppress my innermost feelings to keep me from verbally abusing someone who truly deserved it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 12:55 PM
  • Along with the defense portion of the budget.It needs cuts also if you are serious about spending cuts. 18.74%

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fy2010...

-- Posted by 3forone on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 12:46 PM

Might want to wait on that one just a bit. Until we decide to quit going out into the world to kick the shat out of some other nation, we cannot leave our men on the ground going into a gunfight with a penknife.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:04 PM
  • Wheels

Unfortunately , I do not have your will-power .

I get myself banned alot for not having the sense to shut-up .

-- Posted by Easy Moneys on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:03 PM

Rick,

As it so happened this was not an internet contact, but an employee of the kids who has a history of causing me problems because of her inattention to details, creating unnecessary work for me and others.

I happen to believe in the Peter Principle and this one reached her level of incompetence eons ago.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:10 PM
  • Easy,

I ain't in charge any more, been up to me she would've been gone so long I wouldn't remember her name.

Course that might have been no more than 2 weeks ago. :-(

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:28 PM
  • "Along with the defense portion of the budget.It needs cuts also if you are serious about spending cuts. 18.74% "

If, as Donacita says, 62% of the budget cuts come from those programmes that consume about 62% of the spending, it is logical to assume that up to 19% of the cuts may come from those programmes that consume 19% of the budget, no?|

But, at the same time, fighting wars and arming the militia is a Constitutional obligation of the federal government. Paying granny's medical bills is not.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:46 PM
  • "Along with the defense portion of the budget.It needs cuts also if you are serious about spending cuts. 18.74% "

If, as Donacita says, 62% of the budget cuts come from those programmes that consume about 62% of the spending, it is logical to assume that up to 19% of the cuts may come from those programmes that consume 19% of the budget, no?|

But, at the same time, fighting wars and arming the militia is a Constitutional obligation of the federal government. Paying granny's medical bills is not.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:46 PM
  • I have been an interested observer of all SE Missourian opinions. Thought it was time to throw in. I was a Democrat leaning Independent until Obama. Not a racist thing,can't stand Biden,Pelosi and Reid either. Although I wonder why Obama never talks about his white half. Union member for 30 years. Embarrassed now by the way most unions act in the political circle. This is not the Democratic party it wants people to believe. I had no love for Bush buthow can he be blamed for so much when he was dealing with a Democratic congress that passed the laws that drove the US into "his" recession. There is a lot of blame to go around but it is more than obvious Obama hasn't a clue. Great BS artist but horrible president. So now comes Mr Romney and Ryan with a different idea and all the MSNBC watching snivelers are freaking out. I'm not convinced they are the answer but it's more in line with what I believe. Listening to someone defend Obama is like watching them try to pick up a turd by the clean end.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 2:00 PM
  • Dab

I believe you will find Common to be the Turd Picker Upper in Chief.

You also might find some comfort in talpking to Swamp. Think he is about where you are at.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 2:19 PM
  • --Sidebar--

I think I found a picture of donicta(at least that's what the caption says):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deboraducrot/2462199541/in/photostream/

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:20 PM
  • Not touching that one.... already been accused of being condescending.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:23 PM
  • "-- Posted by Theorist on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:35 PM"

Really now Theorist. You don't support the Democratic position on abortion?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:39 PM
  • "Why would they want the Government telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body?"

See, this is the problem with people who support the killing of unborn babies. They make out like pro-life people want to tell women what they can or can't do their own bodies. But, the truth is, it's not THEIR bodies they are talking about, it's the baby's body we are trying to keep them from killing.

These death mongers liken abortion to the removal of a parasite. They want to use abortion as a form of birth control.

It's murder, plain and simple and do NOT want any governmental funds being used for it. You want to kill babies, like drowning unwanted kittens? Let it fall on YOUR heads and pocket books.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:42 PM
  • "I do NOT support abortion as a means of birth control. "

Then how can you stand firmly in support of those that do? That is a legitimate question from my point of view.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:05 PM
  • As I see it, excepting the rare case of pregnancy resulting from rape, a pregnancy occurs because a woman surrenders control of her body to another. In theory, the resulting pregnancy involves at least two other people - the impregnator and the child that results therefrom. However, is also involves the abortion provider, as well as everyone involved in assisting with the abortion.

If the woman is asking for others to pay the cost of the abortion, it involves them, too. And, since it involves a medical practice, which the state licenses and regulates, it involves the state, as well.

Like many things in life, one person can prevent them but, failing that, they become the business of a lot of people and, perhaps, of society in general.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:25 PM
  • "If the mother DIES, the baby (fetus) dies as well. I KNOW this to be true, I saw it happen."

Theorist,

I don't know of any and have never heard of any cases where if an abortion were NOT performed the mother would die.

You say you saw it happen. Please elaborate.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:28 PM
  • Shapely,

I see your point.

Something occurred to me I was reading you post. If abortion is legalized in the case of rape only, I would bet that the incidents of 'rape' would greatly increase.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:31 PM
  • What part of my post are you unable to comprehend.

You stand for whatever the person you are supporting stands for Theorist.

You say you do not support abortion for birth control.... but you DO when you vote for, encourage others to vote for and pay for with your tax dollars (which we know you cannot control other than through ridding the system of those that support paying for abortion services with public money.) Barack Obama supports birth control for convenience sake and you support him. You have stated that you voted for him last time.

So you cannot stand/sit there and tell us you do not support abortion for birth control purposes.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:35 PM
  • We see the same thing with regards to drug and alcohol. As I see it, it's not any of my business if you want to pollute your body. If you do so in the privacy of your own home, I generally don't concern myself therewith.

But, having decided to pollute your body with drugs or alcohol, if you climb into a car, arrive at a jobsite, or otherwise place yourself in a position in which your impared condition endangers others, it is no longer about your body and your choice. Your decision on what to do with your body affects others.

Also, if after deciding to pollute your body with those foreign substances, you decide that you need help in detoxifying, at public expense, your choice of what to do with your body becomes all of society's issue.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:38 PM
  • Theorist,

I like an answer to my question. I copied it here for your convenience:

"If the mother DIES, the baby (fetus) dies as well. I KNOW this to be true, I saw it happen."

-- Posted by Theorist on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:57 PM

Theorist,

I don't know of any and have never heard of any cases where if an abortion were NOT performed the mother would die.

You say you saw it happen. Please elaborate.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:42 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:45 PM
  • Sorry that was a mistake on my part. It should have read as follows.......

Barack Obama supports abortion for convenience sake and you support him. You have stated that you voted for him last time.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:45 PM
  • Actually, it was Roe Vs. Wade that politicized it. The medical procedure was illegal in most states prior to Roe Vs. Wade. Suddenly, it became a political issue, and a federal one at that (since the federal constitution was used to justify it).

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 5:00 PM
  • Theorist,

I think it is rather disingenuous of you to make that statement then not explain your statement.

The decision the mother makes WILL be between her and GOD. I already know that. My point is, it is the taking of an innocent life.

What the young mother did, in the article posted by Shapely, is what mothers are supposed to do. They love their babies above all else. No matter the age of the baby. I have heard of mothers found to have cancer doing this.

Let ask this, what kind of parent would not instantly sacrifice themselves for their child's safety and protection? Those that wouldn't should have themselves sterilized.

I society that supports the killing of unborn babies is a degenerated society. And as you know, I believe there will be judgement.

What a tremendous Mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079137/Jenni-Lake-17-dies-days-deliveri...

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 5:40 PM
  • "Making an argument in defense of a potential life at the cost of another life, at the cost of the mother sets a dangerous precedent."

Theorist,

That is a phoney argument and covers so few of the abortions that take place it is laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

I have studied the lives and deaths of an entire community going back to about 1856. At that time the death of the Mother in childbirth was a real issue and it happened quite often. But in a majoritiy of the cases I looked at, the baby survived, not all of them.

With modern medicine, it is not the issue. The issue is the taking of a life for convenience sake, not the life of the Mother.

You prefer not to answer the question of how you justify supporting a politician who supports abortion, why? I will say again, Barack Obama supports abortion for the sake of birth control and has stated so, mentioning his daughter as an example, and you support him. How do you justify that?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 5:43 PM
  • She's got her hands over her eyes and her fingers in her ears right now, Wheels.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 6:14 PM
  • Ok Theorist, if it is too painful to admit the truth even to yourself... carry on. Nobody can force you to answer a question.

So far as bullies go, you may cry that if you want, but if you are going to discuss issues with the boys then you may want to pull on your big girl panties and quit whining.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 6:47 PM
  • Theorist,

I believe if you go back and check the early posts on this thread, I think you are the one who started the attacking. But I can take it. You haven't heard me whining yet.

Maybe you will then realize who is clueless.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 7:59 PM
  • Theorist,

Pre-eclampsia is an issue that is difficult to deal with. Most times, with the right kind of care it can be until the baby is developed enough to do c-section. Full on eclampsia you have seizures and can result in coma and death. Eclampsia does usually occur until late in pregnancy. Birth does seem to relieve the condition. A mother with 0+ and a father with A+ seems to be a factor in this condition but not always. This is just a cursory overview of eclampsia, of course.

"You are very crass in your replies."

This is typically a remark a man might get from a fima-nazi. Meaning, since we don't give birth, we don't know anything about life. On the contrary,

many men do know quite a bit about pregnancy.

I, myself have been involved in 5 pregnancies and births. I learned many things. Am I an expert? No.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 8:23 PM
  • Agree or not with the abortion laws the real problem is the wrong women are getting them. Seems to be a horrible trend that lower income women are having babies just for the government support. Unable to,and not required to name the father these kids essentially become wards of the state often in the care of a family member other than the mother.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 8:53 PM
  • Fema Nazi!

rut row............

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 9:47 PM
  • I know! On top of being accused of being 'crass', I misspelled Fema-Nazi...oh brother...just shows you I ain't purrfict.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:02 PM
  • I wasn't concerned with your spelling DC. It's your head I was thinking about, when Theorist awakes bright eyec and bushy tailed in the morning....... :-)

Wasn't sure I spelled it right either.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:27 PM
  • Oh, yeah. I hadn't thought about that. I don't resent her. I just say what I think. That makes people mad sometimes. G-nite

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:43 PM
  • Rick

There must be some error here.... Obama promised once he waa President we would be getting out of Afganistan and Iraq.

He has been President 3 1/2 years plus... so I am sure we are out of those horrid places.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 3:58 PM
  • I thought we started the war in Iraq '92. Then, went to Afghanistan. ??

At any rate, the wife and I were just talking about the fact that we've been 'at war' in the Middle East for 20 years. It's certainly not because our military s**ks. It just means 'we' hasn't met their objective yet.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 4:15 PM
  • I think someone needs to put Donacita's picture on a milk carton. Now she appears to have gone missing. Should we be concerned? Did some angry Republican do her harm?

Theorist as well, she started some crap and evaporated.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 4:38 PM
  • I think someone needs to put Donacita's picture on a milk carton. She started this thread and now she appears to have gone missing. Should we be concerned? Did some angry Republican do her harm?

Theorist as well, she started some crap and evaporated.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 4:39 PM
  • Oh dear me, I went back to add something not realizing I had already pulled the trigger and now we have a double dribble.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 4:40 PM
  • See what i mean about that 'advanced age' thing on Wheels.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 7:22 PM
  • Yeah Howdy, It's a *****.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 8:37 PM
  • Easy,

I was wondering because you said:

"The USA started war with Afghanistan before the Iraqi war and it's going strong , some posters seem to be forgetful about this fact ."

Truth is, we WERE in Afghanistan before '92 Desert Storm...un-officially.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 9:05 PM
  • Wheels,

I've got Donacita's picture here. Maybe you can get with Hiland Dairy and make it happen. I'm getting worried. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deboraducrot/2462199541/in/photostream/

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 9:13 PM
  • DC,

I'll try to work on it tomorrow. But I do have some grass to cut at the farm.

Going to have to try and figure where the priorities need to be placed.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 9:19 PM
  • Listen to the whole clip. President Obama does not say "I killed bin Laden." On the contrary, he gives full credit to the military and is commended by a Navy Admiral for ordering the raid.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 10:13 AM
  • Even Adm. McRaven, who had very kind words for Mr. Obama, said the leaks have to stop because they are putting lives at risk.

We don't know who is leaking the data, but they are putting politics before the lives of our soldiers, and risking long-term capability in favour of short-term political gain.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 10:15 AM
  • "I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden"

" I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information"

"I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice."

"at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan."

"I've repeatedly made clear that we would take action "

"I, as Commander-in-Chief,"

In my opinion he left one out:

"I stepped out of the golf cart this morning and signed the order to kill bin Laden. Then I resumed my game". True - he was on the golf course when he signed the order. But hey, who cares?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 10:26 AM
  • Howdy go easy on us seniors now, just because most of us don't believe in this Modern Day Democratic Party and where they are taking our country.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 10:53 AM
  • I heard the first thing he did was to call in intelligence entities and tell them to put together a search to find Osama. That was one of the first things he did when he took office! Truely a man with a backbone of steal!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 11:44 AM
  • "a backbone of steal"...

"steal" was that a play on words? If so, I like it!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 12:12 PM
  • ;)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 12:16 PM
  • swamp: I'm a 1947 model. Does that make me a senior? What model are you?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 1:15 PM
  • Since its passage in 1935 Economic Security Act (Social Security) has collected north of $13 Trillion from wage earners and their employers.

It has paid out about $11 Trillion.

It origianlly covered the worker only. In 1939 spouses and dependents were added to recive survivor benefits. 1956 saw disability benefits added. 1965 saw Medicare added.

-- Posted by Cogito on Fri, Aug 17, 2012, at 2:08 PM

Respond to this thread