Speak Out: Here is a good example of liberalism.....

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jul 17, 2012, at 10:12 PM:

This is the way America is going. Look at California. It has 1/8th of the population but 1/3rd of the welfare recipients.

Taxes are raised of the evil rich and has the most progressive taxes in the nation but is still gaining in the red because they spend like a teenager with a new credit card. Even with the tax hikes they are still in the red $15 billion for the 2012 budget. Is this what we need?

Obama offered them $3.5 Billion to build the train almost every state turned down because it would to cost them $36 billion but they want that too.

BTW California's house has been Democrat controlled since 1997.

Is this really want you want fot America?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/welcome-to-california-america-without-republicans/...

Replies (19)

• The fact still remains, California is broke and declaring bankruptcy a city at a time. Doesn't matter how fact you grow your income if you grow your expenditures at Higher rate.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 12:11 AM
  • Fact should be fast.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 12:12 AM
  • Nil, Sounds like the guy that was selling at a loss and figured he just needed a bigger truck.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 12:19 AM
  • -- Posted by Nil on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 12:00 AM

That would be the answer I expected from a liberal Nil. You guts simply amaze me with your spin. You need to move there and live the good life.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 1:08 AM
  • Some gripe that the rich should pay their fair share and then gripe when it happens. If California, the richest state in the union, is paying for welfare states, then are not they paying their fair share?

Seems like a be careful what you wish for thing.

It is time to quit sending the people's money directly to D.C. and let the states decide how much to send.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 8:17 AM
  • Texas' growth has exceeded California's every year since 2006.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/gdp_by_state

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 8:25 AM
  • -- Posted by BCStoned on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 1:30 AM

Kinda glossed over all the numbers, eh?

"Midwesterners flock there for welfare." - got any numbers to back that up? Or should you have said "Mexicans flock there for welfare"?

High taxes with even higher spending? You want more of that as well?

The point - California's government is the worst - we agree on that.

As for the rest (biggest agriculture, best beauty, timber sales, etc.) California has over 163,000,000 square miles of land vs. Missouri's 70,000,000. Are you suggesting that liberals are responsible for that as well?

I think the US would be better off if liberals left California for Greece, Spain or Russia - maybe an island somewhere. Imagine what California *could* be like.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 8:27 AM
  • "California is also the prettiest state."

A subjective view, at best. Certainly Hawaii would disagree, as would Alaska. Montana gives it a run for the money in my book, as do Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and North Carolina.

If it is the deserts that attract you, then the deserts of Arizona and Nevada have much to offer. But deserts aren't my thing.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 8:37 AM
  • The state has a spending problem. Their liberal politics have attracted the moochers and leeches so I see it as their problem. Think of how wealthy they would be if they knew how to manage money.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 8:56 AM
  • No one has address WHY California still has substantial growth in spite of such high taxes, wasteful spending, overregulation and inefficient government. -- Posted by Nil on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:09 AM

That's easy. It's called debt - unfunded, unpaid, massive debt.

Theorist always likes to point out how Obama has kept unemployment at 8.2% - with $5 TRILLION in unfunded, unpayable, massive debt. California, like Obama, is kicking the can down the road. It's no different than borrowing money for a house for $5 million that you can't possibly pay back and make about $50,000 a year. Liberals would feel good about that. Conservatives don't.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:17 AM
  • "Why has such a liberal part of the country grown much faster than our own more conservative state? Is it just the luck of the draw, or the weather or is the state of California doing something that attracts fast growing companies and talented laborers?"

Actually, companies have been fleeing California for the past few years. Farmers and others can't flee the country, because they can't take their land with them, and the government there has not yet ruined the excellent growing conditions that have made California a major part of our breadbasket.

Of course, with our continued trade deficit with China, and California's many excellent harbours (a fact of geography, not politics), California booms when our trade with China (and the rest of the Pacific) booms.

While California's GDP grew at 2.0% last quarter, which is nothing to scoff at, they continue to trail behind Texas, where many of the fleeing Californians are reported to have settled.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regional/gdp_state/gsp_newsrelease.htm

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:45 AM
  • It's also worth pointing out that government spending is a factor in calculating GDP. Thus, as government spending grows, so does GDP, whether you can afford the spending or not.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:47 AM
  • This is another example of major spin by the Washington Post. I'm sure they probably got the California population as being 1/8 of the national population right. Where they slipped into murkier depth is by claiming that 1/3 of the welfare recipients are in California. Since there are numerous differences on how the 50 states distribute so-called welfare funding and what they define as "welfare," it is virtually impossible to count or compare numbers or rates.

It would seem that the WP writer dredged up numbers that would give the worst possible impression of the state. Much more significant is the comment that California gives up $20 to 30 billion more than it receives, making a donor state which contributes to other less fortunate states.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:59 AM
  • -- Posted by Rickʘ on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 12:03 PM

Very good video. I guess I need to watch that show.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 1:57 PM
  • http://liberallogic101.com/?paged=3

Be sure to hit the "older entries" and "newer entries" at the bottom of the page.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 2:10 PM
  • Regardless of enemy or foe, Hillary will solve it with a promise of sending American money to both sides with or without the authority to do so.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 6:43 PM
  • It must be election time if obama declares an unshakable friendship with Israel.

obamaism 101 clearly teaches: Muslim who blows up Israeli women and children = Freedom Fighter. Israelis who fire back = Terrorists.

PS So as not to show my lack of integrity by committing the felony of plagerism, I lifted this from some internet garbage.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 7:17 PM
  • He has had 100 fundraisers in the past six months. His campaign also keeps hounding Romney to release his tax returns, if I was the Governor I would tell the President you release your college transcripts and the real estate deals you had with his friend Tony Russo and also Former Governor Rod Bloghovich I will release my tax returns.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 10:07 PM
  • I'm with you swamp on the demand that Obama be more open. I think it should be imperative that he reveal the reason he surrendered his law license. I want to see the report the Bar is refusing to make public.

-- Posted by InReply on Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 11:35 PM

Respond to this thread