Speak Out: Will Nancy Pelosi Blow the Lid off Gingrich's Campaign

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 1:52 PM:

Does anybody think Nancy Pelosi has anything to spill that we do not already know? Or if she has confidential information from secret hearings... will she share it and risk problems for herself with violation of rules? Or is she just blowing smoke to try and affect the outcome of the Republican Primary Process?

Replies (37)

• I think she is just blowing smoke. From what I see, if she really wanted affect the Republican primaries she would do better with anonymous charges. They seem to do the trick.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 2:02 PM
  • She may or may not have any data, but she does seem to have an ethics problem. If she has factual and pertinent data, she should release it and not just hint at it. If it is neither factual nor pertinent, she has not business either hinting at it or releasing it.

What business is it of the House Minority Leader to try to affect the opposition party's primary process?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • I think he comments speak volumes about her partisanship, and why the Congress was run so poorly when she was in charge.

Perhaps if she had done her job instead of digging through other peoples' garbage, the Pelosi recession might never have happened.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 2:11 PM
  • SH,

Gingricb promises to have her up on Ethics Charges if she comes up with a self generated report out of behind door hearings.

Not championing Gingrich, but Pelosi doesn't meet the smell test with me.

It begins to look like the Democrats plan to stay in the White House with their failure of a president is to run all challengers off. And are prepared to spend a billion dollars to do it. Wonder what that will cost taxpayers in contracts and grants to Obama supporters?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 3:35 PM
  • Pelosi is just another Democrat slag. She's taken way too much acid. If you can't sell yourself kill the competition at all costs.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 4:05 PM
  • I am no Pelosi fan. She doesn't have to do anything to destroy Newt. He will 'newter' himself before it's over. BTW is that a helmet his wife wears?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 4:49 PM
  • I am no Pelosi fan. She doesn't have to do anything to destroy Newt. He will 'newter' himself before it's over. BTW is that a helmet his wife wears?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 4:49 PM

You knock her while you have a first lady that dresses like a beach tourist in Washington? Getting pretty desperate to start on the wives this soon aren't we?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 5:21 PM
  • DEAR ABBY:

'I have always wanted to have my family history traced, but I can't afford to spend a lot of money to do it. Any suggestions?'

Sam in California.

DEAR SAM:

'Register as a Republican, and run for public office.'

Abby

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 6:18 PM
  • Regret: After reading about all your degrading, condescending and desparaging remarks about Michelle Obama, how can you have the audacity to question me? Hypocrit.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 7:04 PM
  • Regrets,

I think you compliment her. I was always of the opinion that she bought off the bargain rack at Walmart.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 7:07 PM
  • I said already. I didn't until she said she hated America.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 7:09 PM
  • "Everyone already knows that Gingrich cheated on his wives, cheated on his taxes, lied under oath, etc..."

Nil, In "Spaniard speak", you got a link to that?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 8:54 PM
  • Wheels, Newt will blow his own whistle, just a flash in a pan of losers. You gop ers, gotta do better.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 9:56 PM
  • Dexter,

I am not particularily overwhelmed with anybody running and especially displeased with the current President. He is a professional campaigner who will tell you anything to get re-elected and who blusters and blows a lot. A lot of mouth and little substance.

So far as Newt goes, he backed the mouth of the west back into her corner already. Would he make an excellent President, who knows, but he would be better than what we have in my opinion. I will vote for anyone who runs against Obama as I do not think we can do any worse than what we have.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 10:07 PM
  • Some are thinking that when the dems get through vetting the republican candidates, Rick Santorum [spelling?] will come to the rescue.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 10:13 PM
  • "TREASON? House Minority Leader & First Female Speaker of the House arrested for betraying the security of The United States by leaking information vital to National Security pertaining to Former Speaker of The House Gingrich"

Future headline on The Drudge Report

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 10:22 PM
  • Nil,

...cheated on his wives, cheated on his taxes, lied under oath, etc...

What does President Clinton have to do with any of this?

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Tue, Dec 6, 2011, at 10:26 PM
  • Hey Regret, great avatar, Oh, if only so...A dream ticket!

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 12:25 AM
  • Oh Lord BC... anything but that. I simply would not vote before voting for Obama.

You know Gingrich is a conservative... he said so! He wouldn't lie, would he? ;-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 2:03 AM
  • This is all part of a gigantic manipulation machine. The public is getting pounded by the media with first this front-runner, then that. I personally think the republicrats/demlicans want to see Romney elected, but if Gingrich wins the beauty contest, that would be acceptable to them too. He'll just keep letting the Fed destroy the money and rob us of the fruits of our labor: he said in one debate he'd "fire Ben Bernanke", when he needed to say "I'll end the FED." He'll let the TSA strip us of our fourth amendment rights at the airports. He'll let the NSA/DOD/FBI/CIA/ (enough!) label us "terrorists" for disagreeing with the government, etc. etc. (Gee, I thought the "Alien and Sedition Acts" of John Adams' administration were nullified by the KY and VA resolutions about 200 years ago!) The ridiculous and ineffective "war on drugs", "war on poverty", and "wars on terrorism" will continue ad infinitem.

Like a huge plate of spoiled and unappetizing food when you're full, the candidates we don't need or want are being shoved under our nose every time we turn around. Voters need to look to the candidate NOT being pushed on them by the media.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:28 AM
  • I wouldn't worry to much about Pelosi. Newt has been around for a very long time and he knows what he is doing. Newt would be a good nominee he will talk straight to you and tells it like it is. Very smart man and would make a good leader who will step up to the plate and take charge and we need some one like that so we can start digging out of this mess. This comes from a conservative democrat. We have to have leadership and this is the only man I know that brings that to the table right now. He is tough and strict and we need that because our nation is in serious trouble.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:29 AM
  • I have been looking for REAL change in Washington. Someone who spent most of his life outside politics such as Herman Cain was a breath of fresh air for me.

Gingrich is definitely an experienced politician who knows how to get things done in Washington, if that is what your emphasis is. A choice between Obama and Gingrich is just the status quo so far as I am concerned. Democrat vs. Republican but no real change.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:29 AM
  • You have to remember a change in presidents also brings a change in a lot of people in power in D.C..

Newt in one of classes used an example of promoting people in a business to more reponsable positions by blindfolding them and having them pull marbles from a jar. The ones that pulled out the most black marbles from a 50/50 mix of black and white was promoted. This election's primary selection process is akin to that exercise.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 9:47 AM
  • BC You love freedom so much that you are willing to suffer through 7+ more yrs of the kind of government we have now? (5 yrs of Pres O, 2 yrs to start fixing the mess?

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 4:51 PM
  • BC, Did you change your name to Spaniard?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:00 PM
  • Voters need to look to the candidate NOT being pushed on them by the media.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:28 AM

Yup! Like others I was seeing Cain as a person that would cross the isle but he was lynched by the media and the KKK's old muscle the democrats.

I like watching comedians and saw a set down with Chris Rock. He said if Obama is elected again he will turn gansta to get what he wants. I think he has it right. So if you think he has hurt the economy now, plan on it being much worse, if he is reelected. Tell me WHO he has helped, that he said he would? Unions and rich people are about it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:05 PM
  • How has he helped the rich, Regret? By decreeing that their bonds in GM & Chrysler were worthless? By destroying the businesses they own with regulations from "the Fed", Treasury, EPA et al? By making working capital impossible to borrow without HIS permission? Oh, you mean the rich union bosses, & by increasing the worker pool by several million unemployed people so they can pay lower wages without hiring illegals, the fat-cat business owners, I get it!

...and here I always thought that when rich people start to make money, they hire additional people to make them even more. That idiot Regan and his trickle down economics...trickle up welfare works so much better! If you take enough taxes from the rich people and give it to the poor, everyone will then get rich!

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 6:44 PM
  • Cain was nothing but a joke and a puppet on a string for the Koch brothers. Cain is not a outsider either he has been hanging out with the Washington elite for years how do you think he got all of those high paying jobs like he did, it sure wasn't because he was smart businessman he has a laundry list of jobs over the years never seemed to keep a job for some unknown reason, but now I have a pretty good idea why he couldn't keep a job.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 8:24 PM
  • Gosh, Rick ... you've probably hit the nail squarely on the head there ... Certainly no candidates on either side that impress me as being willing/capable, honest or brave enough to doing anything but the same political stuff.

Seems it's mainly more about power and money when it comes to politics and those who want to be among the 'chosen.'

The 'minority' comment? Yep ... keep that particular voting base alive and well by continuing the division and offering excuses for failure?

Sorry, I'm just tired I guess.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 9:55 PM
  • Seems to me that in the end we will have a choice between a big government Democrat and a big government Republican.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 10:06 PM
  • Pretty much, stn ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 10:17 PM
  • I know it doesn't have to be that way, BC, but I am considering the candidates we have left and the trends I am seeing. It seems to me that if the establishment candidates (democrat or republican) can not withstand the points made by others, they are willing and able to use dirty tricks to eliminate those candidates. I hope I am wrong. But, in the last 20+ years both Republican and Democrat presidents have grown the government; the only difference was what they were willing to spend our tax dollars on.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Dec 7, 2011, at 10:47 PM
  • I don't want an isolationist policy by the government but I do think it is time that the United States end it's policy of being the world policeman. Unfortunately, establishment Republicans seem to insist on increasing the size of government so that we can intervene more in other countries' affairs. And President Obama seems to be following this policy also, only his choice of countries to intervene in differs from that of Republicans.

If we truly believe in individual liberty we would remove our troops from the territories of other countries and allow those countries to take care of their own affairs. This would limit the blood shed by our children and grandchildren. The extra energy and revenues freed up would allow us to focus more on private enterprise, growing our economy, and meeting the needs of our people. This would allow our example to return to that of the shining city on the hill which I have heard referred to in the past.

It is always better to lead by example rather than by force. Doing so would, over a period of time, also cause us to be less of a target for terrorists. We need a military to defend our interests, not to impose our will on the nations of the world.

-- Posted by Robert* on Sat, Dec 10, 2011, at 8:57 AM
  • It seems to me that both parties are made up of elitists who have forgotten to listen to the people. There seem to me to be about 25% strong democrats, between 20 and 25% strong republicans. That leaves somewhat over 50% who are looking for a different direction.

There is a definite opportunity for a strong leader with good ideas. If ever a third party run was possible this is the time. However, I do not see that strong leader emerging.

-- Posted by Robert* on Sat, Dec 10, 2011, at 2:07 PM
  • Nancy Pelosi has no room talking about some one else. Pelosi is a far left liberal from San Fransico she predicted that the democrats would hold on to the House in 2010 well you see what happen the democrats took a pretty good licking so her word does not amount to much.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 7:37 AM
  • A brilliant deduction Ike, from a man that thinks welfare costs have gone down... that is outstanding.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 10:16 AM
  • The Pelosi family fortune might stand a little investigation, especially her husband's business activities.

Scandal can be a two edged sword.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 2:20 PM

Respond to this thread