Speak Out: So who should vote.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 5:27 PM:

After watching this video I think you should have to first pass a test before you can vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JJLLfTR8I&feature=related

Replies (10)

• Yes it is sad.

You should also see some of the studies done on fox news viewers.

But the fact is, in theis country you have the right to vote and the right to be ignorant.

And frankly, I really wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish more people took responsibility for their vote.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 5:39 PM
  • Lumber

Sorry but you don't have a constitutional right to vote but we can still be ignorant.

You are right about the responsibility. Most voters, no matter what party, don't know what they are really voting for. They get their information in the form of blogs, propaganda, and TV skits. They can tell you who is in the lead on Survivor and American Idol though.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 6:09 PM
  • Some of them are not as dumb as you think they are

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 7:56 PM
  • One vote for every $100 of net income taxes paid. At least you would only have to deal with people smart enough to tie their own shoes at the polls.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 8:08 PM
  • My suggestion would be not allowed to vote if receiving any form of unearned government aid.

-- Posted by fxpwt on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 8:24 PM
  • Wheels, That means you will have to dress formal to go vote. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 9:00 PM
  • There were also Black Panthers in front of polls to scare little old ladies away. That was swept under the rug right before our eyes.

I do think you should at least have an ID with a picture on it. They go as far as trying to block the out of country military vote, but if you can't prove who you are, it's OK.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 9:23 PM
  • Wheels, That means you will have to dress formal to go vote. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 9:00 PM

Okd John,

I'll formalize when I get to the polls so that the judges can see for themselves that I am a qualified voter.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 10:13 PM
  • I think anyone who meets voter eligibility requirements should be allowed to vote. However, I think they must vote by themselves.

-- Posted by Theorist on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 9:01 PM

A politician came in my coffee hangout at the lake and was bragging about helping get his friends elected by going to the nursing homes to get votes. He said most of them didn't even have any idea of what they were doing so they just did what he said or he did it for them.

I feel like I should put in my living will that I want my registration deleted if I can't vote on my own.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 11:26 PM
  • "Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that, when things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied upon to set them right."

Thomas Jefferson

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be"

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/winter96/jefferson.html

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Nov 30, 2011, at 11:59 PM

Respond to this thread