Speak Out: Trump has sprung a trap and Obama took the bait.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:06 PM:

Obama has a problem now. The Don has more questions for him and Obama should be worried. He has gone three years ignoring the questions and now he is obliged to answer them.

People night call him a fool but Trump has put those unanswered questions in the spotlight. This will be a public debate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/27/trump_to_obama_now_release_you...

Replies (96)

• LOL !

gotta be something better to discuss...

-- Posted by Smoke. on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:08 PM
  • I hope Trump can keep the media occupied long enough for the republicans to find and agree on a viable candidate for the 2012 election.

And it ain't Trump.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 7:43 PM
  • Smoke

Whatever it take to get Obama to answer those questions that the liberal media won't ask.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:38 PM
  • Obama proves his fallicies daily , he doesn't need Trump or anyone else to point out the obvious .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:41 PM
  • You have that right but I like the idea Trump has started the ball rolling. Myself I don't want trump to run. I just wanted the debate to start early so BO will run out of steam like Hillary did.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 8:59 PM
  • As the campaign approaches we must be careful. Confront President Obama on the issues and he can be defeated. When personal attacks are made against him he attracts a great deal of sympathy from certain sections of the electorate. He has used this 'birth certificate' issue to great advantage. As we have seen on these threads, an attack on Obama's policies immediately draws charges of racism.

-- Posted by Robert* on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 9:20 PM
  • stnmsn8

i do not understand the racism charges , Obama's mother was caucasian , his father Kenyan , as listed on his birth certificate .

you are correct , Obama does not handle adversity well , he deflects responsiblity when under scrutiny . need a new health care plan ? let Congress do it . need to bail out the economy ? let the Fed do it . bad oil spill in the Gulf ? let BP take care of it . Fire missles on Libya ? NATO will handle it...

-- Posted by Smoke. on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 9:26 PM
  • need to kill Bin Laden ? let Pakistan take care of it...

-- Posted by Smoke. on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 10:56 PM
  • *laughs*

Trump the GOP Golden Child? You're kidding...right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/27/politics/washingtonpost/main20057806.s...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-donation-history-shows-democratic-...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCRDqYhZimI&feature=related

Trump/Palin 2012...Imagine the possibilities. *laughs*

Oh...and btw. I was Bush who paid Pakistan millions and millions and millions of dollars to harbour Bin Ladin.

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Sun, May 1, 2011, at 11:37 PM
  • Ha! No one takes Trump seriously except stupid people. Do you take Donald Trump, reality TV star and cartoon character, seriously? Yes? Congratulations, you're a cretin! Yay!

-- Posted by FSM06 on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 12:36 AM
  • Post all of this crap you want in a republican newspaper, in a county that votes 67% republican.

Who you preaching to anyway?

The President was just re-elected tonight no matter how all the uneducated, minimum wage republicans in this area vote.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 1:30 AM
  • Red Devil, if you don't like the neighbors, try Cairo. Lots of good deals on waterfront property and and everybody votes like you do. If you don't like shopping with and EBT card move on up to D.C. I'm sure your president will have a nice position for you with a nice pension and perks, and everybody there votes Democrat.

-- Posted by thewonder on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:42 AM
  • Red Devil - go to St. Louis if you want to see what 60 years of democrat party control can do. Your head is buried in the sand or worse you don't really care about the destruction that liberals like you can do to a community.

Talk about uneducated, criminal, unemployed and running around saying "where's mine". As JFK said "Ask not what your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country". He'd be rolling in his grave with democrats like you.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 7:19 AM
  • Dug, what is wrong with st. louis? clean water, sports, theatre, parks, tons of great places to eat, lots of music.

I have more locally owned restaurants w/ unique menus & music within 5-10 minutes of my house than you can find within all cities withen 45 minutes of Cape combined.

You may say "crime" but the crime in st. louis isn't any worse than any other metro area. Sure New york, atlanta, LA, etc etc may include entire metropolitan area to pad their numbers... St. Louis as a whole is safe. St. Louis county (where 89% of the people live) is VERY safe. The southern part of the city is pretty safe as well except a few areas in which most people do not go... You views on St. louis seem very uneducated and baseless.

back on topic,

At first I liked the thought of Trump as a president. He labels problems & seems to want to do something about them (i.e. China trade issues) and the debt crisis. However he makes some very stupid comments of issues of iraq and oil and I feel he will have zero chance of living up to them. Not to mention his Obama remarks are quickly becoming, petty. At this point I am not even sure if Trump is seriously considering running or is just looking for a ratings boost & increase publicity fees (sarah palin effect?)

-- Posted by futile_rant on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 8:29 AM
  • Dug, what is wrong with st. louis? clean water, sports, theatre, parks, tons of great places to eat, lots of music.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 8:29 AM

Futile,

If you had lived in St. Louis in the mid-fifties as I did you would not be asking that question. I lived in the Grand and Arsenal area where you could safely walk the streets day or night.

Yes St. Louis has a lot to offer in spite of what was allowed to happen to her, but she will never again reach the status and grandness she once enjoyed. And even in the 50's the decay was well under way.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 10:14 AM
  • futile - St. Louis is a great metro AREA but the CITY itself is in a big decline.

The problem? Liberal policies that push a victim mentality, poor education, lax criminal / gang pursuit. There are murders daily in St. Louis CITY.

Why is crime so much lower in St. Charles county (part of the metro area)? More conservative, responsible, better educated and no/low tolerance for criminal types.

Despite the fact that millions of dollars have been invested and reinvested and tax abatement abounds in St. Louis, the hoods return them back to disrepair and crime.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 10:32 AM
  • Man, some people just don't know when to quit.

If I was wrong half as much as regret, I would be embarrass. I guess some people have no shame.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 10:48 AM
  • lumbrgfktr

what makes you believe you aren't ?

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:07 AM
  • Politicians on both sides are conducting a bunch of foolishness. Until they start working on the ills of the country, nothing will get fixed. How many people got their job back due to the birth certificate nonsense? Attack our problems, not each other!

-- Posted by SEMO72a on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:12 AM
  • SEMO72a , amen to that !

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:13 AM
  • lumbrgfktr

what makes you believe you aren't ?

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:07 AM

If I am wrong, I will admit it.

But good thing for me I do some research.

Its funny how I call people out this board for posting ignorance, then get called out for it.

But your are right. When Regret posted incorrectly about things such as birth certificages and the staff of first ladies, I should agree with him.

Afterall, most people on here seem happier to be ignorant and 100% wrong rather than correct.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:40 AM
  • -- Posted by SEMO72a on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:12 AM

Agree.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:41 AM
  • ignorant ? really ?

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 11:45 AM
  • Trump has sprung a trap and Obama took the bait.

That is the title of Regret's thread. If or not he is right or wrong is largely a matter of opinion.

Do not agree or disagree particularly with the thread as I have not really thought a lot about it. I don't like Trump as President and I really, really do not like Obama as President, so have not posted on the virtues or lack thereof on either.

If or not Regrets is wrong on his assumption that a trap was set remains to be seen, in my opinion. One thing is a for sure... Regrets is incorrect or Lumber is. Wanna take bets on who it is? I will volunteer to hold the money. ;-)~

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 12:00 PM
  • Isn't it hilarious how someone that spells certificate "certificages", then has the nerve to call anyone ignorant?, LOL.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 1:29 PM
  • Red Devil, I still haven't forgave myself for mispelling Shapley on a thread title. If mispelling denotes ignorance, I confess to being the most ignorant. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 1:36 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 12:00 PM

Seeing how its been Regrets position that Obama wasn't a citizen and never proved he was (100% wrong on both counts), I will say regret is once again dead wrong.

So now, Regret is champion another media person who was also wrong. Which comes back to my original post. Why is it a good thing to be publicly wrong? Why is there no shame? Had Obama not been born in the US, now that would be a story and something worth celebrating. Problem is, he was born in this country and had proven so a long time ago.

Lets say I publicly accuse my neighbor (who is a banker) of stealing with no factual basis. After all, he built a new pool so he must be stealing. He is then forced to prove that he didn't steal it, would people really thank me for making ridiculous allegations?

Have some people become so blind and ignorant that facts, truth and accuracy is no longer important? And when even proven wrong way beyond a certainty of a doubt, we have people celebrating incorrect accusations?

What a sad and desperate little world people live in.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:06 PM
  • Isn't it hilarious how someone that spells certificate "certificages", then has the nerve to call anyone ignorant?, LOL.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 1:29 PM

My suggestion would be that if you are going to point out typos, you at least get your post accurate.

But why question content when we can point out typos of those who do.

I really don't care about typos. I will take typos to being a lemming all day long.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:08 PM
  • mY aboove avg. inteligence level of 69 tels me that typeos is an in dictator of someboddy dummer than me...

-- Posted by Hugh M Bean on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:17 PM
  • Wheels

I don't want Trump in the running either but I like the way he is keeping Obama off balance.

What I am saying is Obama had dodged these questions so far and now Trump has him answering them. Obama shouldn't have answered the first one yet. Politics is like having a hand of cards. He is throwing out the face cards too soon. He will need them later. He doesn't have a very good hand to start with. Bin Laden will be forgotten about in a year.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:24 PM
  • We regret said "I like the way he is keeping Obama off balance."

~rolling eyes~ That sounds productive. Then again, those who post in the forums day in and day out don't really value productivity, do they?

-- Posted by pigskin on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:31 PM
  • Wheels

I don't want Trump in the running either but I like the way he is keeping Obama off balance.

What I am saying is Obama had dodged these questions so far and now Trump has him answering them. Obama shouldn't have answered the first one yet. Politics is like having a hand of cards. He is throwing out the face cards too soon. He will need them later. He doesn't have a very good hand to start with. Bin Laden will be forgotten about in a year.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:24 PM

What question was that? He had already proven he was born here. What did the long form actually prove?

I mean if people really have a problem with a government document from Hawaii, isn't that really a federal/state issue? The state of Missouri accepts Hawaii birth certificates, so shouldn't that be an issue?

In fact, If people want to make an issue of this, its speaks more to the need of national ID cards and standards.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:47 PM
  • Lumber,

My opinion would be that each and every candidate have to prove his citizenship with a Birth Certificate with a raised seal.... same way you do to renew a Missouri Driver's License. No questions no exceptions, no discussion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:52 PM
  • Lumber,

My opinion would be that each and every candidate have to prove his citizenship with a Birth Certificate with a raised seal.... same way you do to renew a Missouri Driver's License. No questions no exceptions, no discussion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:52 PM

Apparantly Missouri accepts both forms of Hawaii birth certificates, however the ID provided by Obama is the most common form.

I guess the Real ID act should have looked at birth certificate standars along with the ID standards, IF that is the real issue.

PArt of the reason many states are going to the shorter verstion if apparantly for ID theft provention.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:07 PM
  • Lumber,

My thinking is that candidates for President are no better than the average citizen, and if they are making a Missourian prove citizenship with a birth certificate with a raised seal to get a driver's license renewal, then a candidate for president should also. I am more worried about the idiot in the president's chair than I am a Missourian who has had a driver's license for 40 years.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:22 PM
  • Wheels,

I don't understand your point.

He did nothing more or less than you would do. The difference is that Missouri issues "raised seal" birth certificates. Hawaii apparently chooses not too. However, it is still a recognized valid government certificate. Missouri would issue Obama a driver's license based on his birth certificate.

So do you actually mean what you are saying? To be president, you have to be from states that issue birth certificates that look like Missouri's? Because your comment actually has nothing to do with where the person is born, but rather what the state issued document looks like? How can Obama produce a raised seal birth certificate when Hawaii does issue raised seal birth certificates?

Or are you saying this has nothing to do with Obama and that all states need to follow the same standards for issuing government documents? That I agree with. Even though people will say that it is big bad federal government, standards such as this is necessary for business and commerce.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:41 PM
  • My question is "if Obama was indeed born in the U.S. why did he apply and receive money as a foreign student?" while attending college.

-- Posted by Impossiblemom on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:51 PM
  • -- Posted by Impossiblemom on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:51 PM

Actually, its been proven he was born in the US.

The question becomes, did he falsly represent himself to illeagaly obtain funding.

What makes you think he received money?

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:57 PM
  • Lumber,

I thought I explained myself. It has nothing to do with Obama, but if they can chase a Missouri citizen around to make him produce a raised seal birth certificate just to please Homeland Security evey time they renew their driver's license, even if they have had a legal license for 40 years, then it is not too much to ask that a candidate for the highest office in the land produce, at his/her filing a legal document (Birth Certificate) from their state proving their citizenship.

Are you sure there is not a state seal on birth certificates in Hawaii. I would be surprised if there was not. For Christ's sake they been putting government seals on documents since Julius Caesar and before, to prove they are valid.

If your business is incorporated in Missouti you have to produce documents with raised seals on them.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 4:25 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 4:25 PM

That is the thing.

Apparently it's Missouri's choice to do that on Official Missouri documents, not the federal requirement. It seems Missouri is more strict than other states. Some I guess only issue a stamp.

Does Hawaii have a raised seal? Not sure if they do or don't. But is that really the issue? I thought it was long form vs. Short form? The state of Hawaii not only issued the document, but publicly verified its authenticity. So I am going to assume that if a raised seal was required, it was on there.

So the question is, why does Missouri make its citizens jump through more hoops, or why do other states make it easier to falsify?

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 4:48 PM
  • My question is "if Obama was indeed born in the U.S. why did he apply and receive money as a foreign student?" while attending college.

-- Posted by Impossiblemom on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 3:51 PM

Still waiting...

Verifying unsported emails is hard work isn't it?

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 4:49 PM
  • ~rolling eyes~ That sounds productive. Then again, those who post in the forums day in and day out don't really value productivity, do they?

-- Posted by fuzzy wuzzy on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 2:31 PM

I'm rained out. What is your excuse. I know you must be the top cat of the productive world.

I'm going back to the lake. This week is a wash out and they are catching crappie in the woods. Later!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 5:20 PM
  • He's ensuring his re-election if it's true that there are more gullible people like you who think that signing a piece of paper is a "brave, bold" act. Obama's a coward. He wouldn't know which end of a gun to hold.

Remember the info on Osama was gathered in 2004 (during Bush presidency) from Gitmo prisoners some of which were waterboarded and all of which Obama opposed. He's riding the coat-tails of Bush on the war on terror. Then takes credit for it.

Bush was too liberal and too big government. But when it comes to fighting the terrorist Obama couldn't hold a candle to him.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 6:24 PM
  • Listen to the little rooster crow.

Caddy what this proves is somebody very well knew what to do. Your boy finally grew a set and put the OK on other folks' hard work, so they could finish their job.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 6:27 PM
  • rolls eyes back to fuzzy wuzzy in case they need them .

cadillacman , you talk like Obama lead the raid on the compound . not true .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 6:31 PM
  • What about this?

"Article II, Section I of the Constitution requires that a person be a natural born citizen to be eligible for the Presidency.

The Constitution does not say "citizen", but specifically combines the legal concepts of jus soli (right of the soil) and of citizen parents, jus sanguinis (right of blood). It was intentionally designed by the Framers to prevent a President from having dual allegiance.

The authors of the Constitution no doubt based their understanding of the term "natural born citizen," on the 1758 book "The Law of Nations" by Emerich de Vattel, who wrote:

""... natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. ... children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. ... The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children...""

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/35948

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 6:39 PM
  • Supreme Court cases supporting the natural born citizen definition of born in the US of citizen parents include:

*The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

*Shanks v. Dupont, 28 U.S. 3 Pet. 242 242 (1830)

*Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

*United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

*Duncan v. Louisiana, 391 U.S. 145 (1968)

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 6:59 PM
  • Caddy - you're really missing out if you don't read this. From the liberal, democrat LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead.html

Hit's the nail on the head!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM
  • Quote :

The trail to Monday morning's assault on Osama's Pakistan compound began during someone else's presidency. That previous president authorized enhanced interrogation techniques which convinced folks like Khalid Shaikh Mohammed to give up, among many other things, the name of their top-secret courier, now deceased. His travels ultimately led the CIA back to Osama's six-year-old suburban home.

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 7:14 PM
  • Have_Wheels_Will_Travel,

I live & work in the same area today. I have had zero problems. Sure it isn't "safe" but no problems in 6 years living in the city. South city is increasingly more safe each year since the 80s.

Dug,

You are wrong... dead flat wrong. If you lived in St. Charles you would notice that crime there has been getting worse over the last 10 years? Why? because the city is doing a better job getting rid of the bad people. There were 144 homicides in st. louis city limits last year, not daily. And if you knew anything about the city you would see that about 125 of those happen within a very small portion of the city north of delmar south of I-270. You also have to remember a large majority of crime occurs by association. The people getting robbed & killed are mainly people who hang out with robbers & killers.

Central city (CWE), south west city (dog town, the hill), south city (soulard, compton heights, benton park), etc etc are very safe neighborhoods that are thriving. Lots of businesses coming it. Population is decreasing in these areas because 2 family houses are being converted in large single family homes (I currently own one) 4 family apts are now townhouses... etc etc. Still has one of the best Zoo's in the country, best parks in the country, 3 major sports teams, hospitals.

-- Posted by futile_rant on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 9:28 PM
  • futile

my sis lives off Grand and I-44 for 10 yrs now with no problems at all..

-- Posted by Smoke. on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 9:30 PM
  • futile,

This map might change your mind about the "safe" southern areas of the city. As a matter of fact, south city has been getting more violent. It used to be safer.

http://spotcrime.com/mo/st.+louis

Here's another showing murders for just the first 2 months of this year. Sorry, I was wrong. There was 1 murder in St. Charles county this year:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/multimedia/html_b1ea1c08-2411-11e0-96a8-0017a4a78c2...

I love St. Louis. A great city and a lot to offer but you can't deny the welfare, joblessness, murders, gangs and poor education in the core city itself. True, great sports teams, zoo, parks, museums. Not a great place to live unless you're in the counties that surround it. Facts support this.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 9:56 PM
  • Futile,

I really like the St. Louis City as a whole, and no question about it, there are a lot of things available to you in the way of entertainment, food and historical items. But it is enough to make a grown man cry when you see the amount of decay that was allowed to happen.

I love the old houses, recently had a cousin from Holland stayed in the Layfayette Park area for several months, and we picked her up a number of times. The architecture of the homes really impress you when you see all of the cookie cutter models in the new sub-divisions. And North St. Louis was not a bad place at one time. What angers me is what was allowed to happen. I have been in areas that have been completely razed and allowed to grow up in brush.

Recently we drove through downtown Mobile, Alabama. Although it is an old city and there was some places tha were not what I would consider a prime place to live, what amazed me wass how clean it was. My only thought in comparing it to St. Louis... they obviously were not as politically correct there and did not put up with a lot of BS from people that wanted to live like hoosiers or straight out of the jungle.

I blame the politicians of St. Louis for the last 100 years for letting it decline when most of it could have been prevented. I do not think St. Louis can ever be brought back to her glory days, and that is a real shame.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 10:01 PM
  • Lumbrg, "Lets say I publicly accuse my neighbor (who is a banker) of stealing with no factual basis. After all, he built a new pool so he must be stealing. He is then forced to prove that he didn't steal it, would people really thank me for making ridiculous allegations?"

That is a classic description of what is in the liberal political handbook, right before stealing it from a banker, accuse the banker of stealing it. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 12:28 AM
  • Old Ian

beware

any opposition to Lumbrg opinions will make you ignorant .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 12:56 AM
  • any opposition to Lumbrg opinions will make you ignorant .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 12:56 AM

And you are a prime example.

My suggestion would be if you don't want to be called ignornat, don't be ignorant.

Tell me smoke, how had that whole Obama Birth certificate thing work out for you? Oh year, that is right. Talk radio said it was wrong. A simple Google search would have shown talk radio was once again dead wrong and the "short form" is the official Hawaii birth certificate. But they play to the idiots and it suprises me how many take the bait.

But again, people like you prefer to say and beleive stupid things than be accurate. Again, pure ignorance. Not my opinion, but an actual fact. Just because there are so many people who choose to be ignorant doesn't make it a opinion.

But if you want to publicly admit your ignorance, by all means continue.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 8:40 AM
  • Old Ian , see what i mean now ?

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:21 AM
  • Old Ian , see what i mean now ?

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:21 AM

Says the person who probably assumes Hawaii isn't part of the United States.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:36 AM
  • -- Posted by cadillacman on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:51 AM

Ummm, so killing a person makes somebody a good president?

Sorry Caddi, I have much higher standards.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:56 AM
  • Says the person who probably assumes Hawaii isn't part of the United States.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 9:36 AM

"probably assumes" says alot about research and facts .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 10:35 AM
  • "probably assumes" says alot about research and facts .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 10:35 AM

nope. Says alot about you. I mean if its your opinion that people in Hawaii can't be president becasue they are not American, then I am assuming you don think/consider Hawaii a state.

Just trying to rationalize your thought process.

On a side note, I did come up with a couple of interesting situations. Hawaii became a state in the 50's and Obama was born in the early 60's. What if Obama was born in Hawaii before it became a state? Would he still be eligable since technicly, he would have been born outside the US?

And lets say Yadi Molina, after a long distuinged career in Baseball, decides to go into politics. Being from Peurto Rico, is he eligable to become president?

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 11:09 AM
  • The Don is the "scarecrow" and Obama is the "Man behind the curtain"! One doesn't have a brain and the other is a fraud. One thing is certain, if you Repubs can't come up with a viable candidate we will be dealing with the "Wizard" for another 4 years. As for me, that's not a good option. I am having a real problem understanding those of you who would support Trump for President. What are y'all thinking for God's sake?

I would hope General David Petraeus would run. He would certainly have my vote even though I seldom vote Republican or Democrat. Its time we get a "tested" military Man in the oval Office in my opine. The last truly tested President was Dwight Eisenhower and YES, he was a five star General and a true Republican not to mention well tested and he certainly received a "passing grade". JMO

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 11:35 AM
  • Greywolf,

Good post.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 11:44 AM
  • I think you are on to something Wolf.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 11:59 AM
  • What we need on the ballot is one more choice,

None of the above, go back and find a good candidate!

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 12:11 PM
  • What's Kinky Friedman doing now days? :)

I think some familiar names we have kind of forgotten will resurface. Are there some good governors qualified?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 12:41 PM
  • lumbrgfktr

LOL , a lot better minds then yours have tried to 'rationalize your thought process' and couldn't .

WOLF , neither Party has a candidate for President at this time .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 1:02 PM
  • Perhaps so Smoke. However, Obama is the Democrats nominee like it or not and we have yet to see the Republican candidates. At least officially. Like I said, Petraeus would be my choice if he were ever to run. Frankly as a Libertarian/Federalist I prefer a different party. If Petraeus were to run I would swing toward the Republican ticket at the ballot box.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 2:07 PM
  • "...the info on Osama was gathered in 2004 (during Bush presidency) from Gitmo prisoners ..."

Certainly. As if the prisoners in 2004, who were captured in 2001 and 2002, were tortured into revealing where bin Laden was going to be hiding in 2011.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 2:28 PM
  • WOLF , i know you're correct..i'm leaning toward Toto

..it's been a terrible year for the Oceans , BP oil spill in the Gulf , radio-active material in Japan , and now Bin Laden

Bin Laden is a gentleman , he always insists on ladies first

Bin Laden says he needs seals in his yard like he needs another hole in his head

Bin Laden has half a mind to quit al-Qeada

-- Posted by Smoke. on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 2:34 PM
  • Apparently common sense doesn't matter. Did you know they've been looking for him for years? I know you're surprised by that. Another fact -- your president has been in office for over 2 years. If he's so good and such a superhero, why didn't he have him killed sooner? He couldn't, that's why.

Caddy - you're hilarious! Obama had the "courage" to send in the Seals? He steps off the golf course to sign a paper and he's courageous. Man you have low, low standards. I've come to expect that of liberals though. You would be a great follower of Chairman Mao or Stalin. All propaganda.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 2:49 PM
  • Dug,

I agree with your cricisim of Caddi.

However, in this instance Obama is handling it correctly. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that the Bush supporters were giddy when he declared a imaginary victory.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 3:24 PM
  • lumbrg - Exactly. And my only point is he did the right thing by signing the order. I just don't call that (or Bush's signings) "courageous". The press, however, and Caddy have this move pegged as that. They sure didn't give Bush credit for that (correctly) and shouldn't here as well.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 3:33 PM
  • Dug,

Agree.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, May 3, 2011, at 3:52 PM
  • This makes for an intriguing turn of events. With the elimination of Osama bin Laden, the Conservatives are falling over themselves to emphasize how the efforts of the past administration brought this about and made it possible. They appear to be saying, "He's riding the coat-tails of Bush on the war on terror. Then takes credit for it."

This is all well and good, and one of the first calls that President Obama made was to President Bush to inform him personally and to recognize his efforts. All of this clamor to delve into the past and clearly describe the events and actions that brought about the locating and neutralizing of Osama bin Laden is understandable.

However, when any mention is made of the actions or lack thereof, by the past administration with respect to long standing problems such as the deficit, health care and national debt, or of more recent problems like, housing, unemployment, stimulus funding, financial regulation, or the recession, it is characterized as "blaming Bush."

It seems that previously, "blaming Bush" was a bad thing, and now, surprisingly, "blaming Bush" is a good thing.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 5:13 AM
  • i just wish President Obama would have been more honest during his campaign in 2008 .

his platform was YES WE CAN , HOPE , and CHANGE . basicly he would return jobs , save the economy , and promote healthcare from the evil Republicans .

i do not remember President Obama saying his number one priority was capturing Bin Laden and find it strange that he says so now .

me thinks President Obama continues to stand in the shadows waiting for a chance to take credit for others achievements .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 6:40 AM
  • Common

No matter what you say Obama is NOT a leader.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 6:57 AM
  • ..umm , Obama also promised to close the torture base in Cuba way back in 2007 .

what happened there ?

i'll say it again , OBL execution was due to 10 yrs. of American sacrifice and determination..it's all about America , not Obama.

-- Posted by Smoke. on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 10:41 AM
  • He done it without all the hoopla we got from the last guy. he did not have to stand aboard a aircraft carrier and annouce "it's over" like the last guy did. He did not have newscamerman on the ground following the operation, he did not announce that he thought osama was in a cave hiding like the last guy did.

He did it quietly, and to the point.

He showed he is THE MAN in charge! Thats the way ya do it!

-- Posted by cadillacman on Mon, May 2, 2011, at 9:39 PM

No cameras eh Caddy,

Where are all of these pictures they speak of coming from? They wouldn't be lying about that.... would they.?

Go Caddy go, you brighten my day with your wit.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 10:56 AM
  • he really did not want to catch him because the bush family has ties to the saudis and that oil. bin laden was a saudi prince at one time. But bush played the role anyway and fooled most of you into thinking he really wanted to capture bin laden. NOT!

Posted by cadillacman on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 10:37 AM

Caddy, where's your sources for that? You're suggesting a conspiracy by the previous administration of enormous proportion. I guess I didn't realize you were in the tin foil hat wearing bunch. I know you'll say Cheney and Rove, but how many others are involved in that?

-- Posted by Knoblickian on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 12:11 PM
  • Reading the title to this thread literally clarifies things.

"Trump has sprung a trap..." SNAP! missing the President, after which President Obama laughed and "... took (off with) the bait."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 1:11 PM
  • In his imperial position of wisdom Obama has decided that photos will not be released.

http://www.nytimes.com?emc=na

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 1:19 PM
  • Is this another hit and run Theorist?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 1:32 PM
  • Molting Roosers, would that be as..... opposed to clucking hens? A molting rooster does it to renew his feathers... a clucking hen???

Trying to remember when I was down Broadway last and I think it was last year sometime.

I don't really know who to blame Theorist, there is quite a bit of difference in Cape Girardeau and St. Louis. Since you are a little closer to the situation why don't you tell me?

So far as the working, productive citizen part. I am retired for over 10 years and I still help my kids in the business, and I would almost bet I put in as many or more hours than you did last week.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 2:14 PM
  • The decline of downtown areas are not the result of any president or political party. They are victims of Convenience and changing market place. Its hard to park and get around down town, so most people don't shop there for goods that can be bought else where.

Also, many downtown (non food/bar) are open 8-5 Monday-Friday, with sometimes limited weekend hours. The market has changed and nobody shops those hours.

For downtowns to survive, they need to reinvent themselves. You need residential mixed in with business. Art galleries, fashion trendy places. Premium markets, or some other product that people with make an inconvenient trip to purchase.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 2:51 PM
  • Theorist you need to follow things more closely. I was speaking mostly to the residential areas of St. Louis and you are speaking of the commercial areas of Cape Girardeau. Have you ever driven down some streets such as Page Ave in the city of St.Louis where it was mostly residential, and at one time very nice, and watched people barbecuing in the front yards in old bathtubs. I have!

Have you ever heard the term blockbuster, and not the one where you rent movies either, where various methods were used to place someone who lived like 'blank' (if I explain it I get banned) into a very nice neighborhoood by purchasing a house that went up for sale. People would panic and for sale signs went up everywhere in the neighborhood. Problem was, now nobody that could raise a down payment or find credit would buy. I watched my brother-in-law and a friend who lived next door have to sell their homes for pennies on the dollar and then take a note back and just hope to get paid. My brother-in-law was lucky, his friend not so lucky, he constantly had to chase the buyer for money. This was in the late 50's.

If you would like to visit that particular street after dark right now, I would be happy to drop you off a couple of blocks away in a better lighted area and give you the directions on how to get there.

Further, when getting started many years ago, I had to work in those areas.

Now Theorist how about you answer my question, what do you think caused the decay on Broadway?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 5:04 PM
  • i wouldn't say all liberals are bad no more than i would say all conservatives are bad .

i wouldn't tag stltoday as a liberal rag , more like just another opinion .

having said this , i believe the powers that be should have let Mother Nature take care of business with no man-made interference .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 9:41 PM
  • I have to say the Post is very liberal. Their stance on C carry was enough for me.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 9:45 PM
  • I do believe Regrets post and my reply must have been written in disappearing ink????

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 11:10 PM
  • I have lately began to think I was maybe forgetting to press the save comment button.

My posts are also missing.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 11:31 PM
  • Old John,

That is about equal to being ignored by Common! Keeps up... Common won't have anybody left to ignore.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 11:46 PM
  • Old John,

If you are still around... Good Night! If I don't go to bed I am going to fall face forward into my keyboard. Don't know what I did today but it really wore me out.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 4, 2011, at 11:53 PM
  • Yea boy,

That really worked out for trump. Trump looks like a boob and Obama releases birth certificate and kills Osama.

-- Posted by Mike96 on Fri, May 6, 2011, at 6:41 AM
  • Kcmike

The Donald has looked like a boob for a couple years now . beating the drums for Obama over the past couple of weeks and claiming it's made Trump the chump is really a weak , pathic , campaign .

-- Posted by Smoke. on Fri, May 6, 2011, at 6:51 AM
  • Obama releases birth certificate and kills Osama.

-- Posted by Kcmike on Fri, May 6, 2011, at 6:41 AM

He killed Osama? You must be a child.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 6, 2011, at 7:50 AM
  • We regret, yes he did. Not with his bare hands, but yes.

Would you say bush invaded Iraq? Yes. Was he personally in front of the troops in the sand? No.

-- Posted by Mike96 on Fri, May 6, 2011, at 10:44 AM

Respond to this thread