Speak Out: Westboro gets a good woopin'

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 11:20 PM:

Be sure to read the story then watch the video. It is amazing how many people showed their colors. It was also nice about how the county and the locals did to the wimps of Westboro.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/a-simple-way-to-stop-westboro-baptist-church-funera...

Replies (11)

• Good post. Got to read the text to know what it's about.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Apr 28, 2011, at 11:37 PM
  • This made me smile a lot. :) Thanks for the link!

Those folks scare me, though I do believe they validate themselves with the negativity. Glad none of them are a neighbor or family member!

-- Posted by mykidsxisl on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 12:00 AM
  • mykids, To express one's belief that America's favor of God is diminished by the behavior of individuals and direction of American foriegn policy is not new and within the realm of what we accept a freedom of speech.

What I don't understand is how these people think their dispicable actions are helping deliver that message.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with the idea they say they are promoting. Just seems to me if they were honest in their cause, they would spread their "gospel" in a more inviting way.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 12:27 AM
  • Shades of Skidmore, MO as recorded in the maded for TV movie "In Broad Daylight", where someone finally killed the bully who was terrorizing the town including law enforcement.

When it happened, no one saw a thing. Happened 30 years ago.

Brandon MS sounds like a town most of us could live in and be proud.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 1:16 AM
  • What I don't understand is how these people think their despicable actions are helping deliver that message.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 12:27 AM

I agree with you completely and believe that hate begets hate. When did freedom of speech become freedom to disrespect other people? I want to know what they are actually trying to accomplish with their picketing, because it seems as though they just want to be seen and spew filth at anyone and everyone that is not a member of their church. They protest high school graduations?!??

I am very proud to say that my freedom of speech allows me to say that I fear this level of hate and what comes next.

-- Posted by mykidsxisl on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 1:42 AM
  • Perhaps everyone should remember how this community handled the protestors when vacation time comes around? I will put it on my map and patronize the county and its merchants every opportunity I have to pass through!

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 6:38 AM
  • -- Posted by Nil on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 10:20 AM

You may very well be right, but I attended the funeral of Lt. Amos Camden Bock in New Madrid and strongly suspect had someone from Westboro shown up there, they would have been treated similarly and I can guarantee I wouldn't be the only one who didn't see anything either.

-- Posted by Acronym on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 10:49 AM
  • I think it will be hard for the Westboro lawyers to sue sucessfully with no witnesses, but those who perceive they were injured. Somebody will have seen the guy who was whooped falling out of a basement or something.

The guy is probably lucky he didn't drown trying to swim the river with several feet of chain that he had stolen wrapped around him.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 11:02 AM
  • We will see what happens won't we?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Apr 29, 2011, at 12:39 PM
  • Nil

Sounds like you are a lay down wimp. I have a pair and won't leave a witness. If it is my kin I will pay the price with no regrets. You just set back and and enjoy your small liberal life while getting run over by every bully that wants a piece of you.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Apr 30, 2011, at 8:06 AM
  • My diagnosis: Them that did didn't, them that didn't ain't tell'n.

Works for me.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 5, 2011, at 12:09 AM

Respond to this thread