Speak Out: Tax day April 15 is just around the corner

Posted by Airborne 95B on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:25 PM:

With tax fast approaching what would you do to fix/improve the system? I still like the ideal of a nationwide sales tax. That way everyone pays in and we can get rid of the IRS. Some folks have said that this would make large ticket items to expensive to buy but, how many time a year to you get a car, washer and dryer, etc. ? I have always budgeted for items that I know will need to be replaced or purchased.

Or how about just making a change that if you do not pay in to the current system, you cannot get a refund of any kind. No deductions, no child credits, no freebies taken out of the tax payers pocket and given to individuals who do not pay in.

Replies (6)

• Will be more added to the tax lien list after this date but GE pays no tax what a joke. Airborne I too like the national sales tax everybody pays then right at the time you purchase something, including the corporate big shots at GE. This sure would get rid of this 13,000 page plus tax code that no one understands but the big boys that have the money to challedge the code.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:43 PM
  • "Or how about just making a change that if you do not pay in to the current system, you cannot get a refund of any kind. No deductions, no child credits, no freebies taken out of the tax payers pocket and given to individuals who do not pay in."

That should excite the freeloaders.

How about pulling the voting privileges from those that are not contributing. Make an exception for the retired folks who contributed during their working years and the truly disabled. That would stop vote buying for the most part.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:45 PM
  • Good idea, Wheels. Those who pay the bills should make the decisions.

Swampeast, I am also in favor of the national sales tax, as long as the amendment creating the income tax is repealed. The liberals should go along with this idea............the rich would definitely pay the brunt of the taxes. They are the people who have the money to spend.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 1:58 PM
  • How about pulling the voting privileges from those that are not contributing.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:45 PM

I've been saying that a long time. That would end the "vote yourself largess from the treasury". Don't think you can get the Dem's to go for it. They don't even want Id's to be used. Heck their own leader can't even prove he was American born.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 5:26 PM
  • Tax day is April 18th this year.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 6:35 PM
  • 3 extra days this year. At 1.15% intrest I might as well pay it now.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 6:53 PM

Respond to this thread