Speak Out: Obama sinks - stinks up the place

Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 8:30 AM:

http://betsyspage.blogspot.com/2010/10/continuing-to-ignore-main-issue.html

The Democrats seem to be specializing in cluelessness. They're continuing to attack supposed foreign money fueling anti-Democratic ads despite having been called on it by right-wing sources such as the New York Times and Bob Schieffer. Even some Democrats, some of whom who get support by the Chamber of Congress, are questioning these tactics.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-chamber-foreign-money-20101...

It's just silly. With demoralizing unemployment continuing for almost two years now, do people want to hear the President demonizing business and raising the unsubstantiated specter of foreign money seeping into our campaigns.

As Lawrence Kudlow writes,

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/249552/obama-alien-larry-kudlow

Believe it or not, with jobs falling for four consecutive months and unemployment stubbornly high near 10 percent, President Obama is out on the campaign trail bashing businesses and promoting class warfare. Huh? Oh my gosh is he off message.

He's slamming the Chamber of Commerce for allegedly using foreign money in campaign ads, even though there's not one shred of evidence of this. Huh (again)? Is the Chamber really a big election-year issue? Is it causing high unemployment?

Of course, Obama never mentions the unions, including the SEIU and AFL-CIO, and all their foreign money from their big international affiliates. Instead, he extends his own cast of villains, attacking special interests, Wall Street banks, corporations, the oil industry, the insurance industry, credit-card companies, AIG, and ExxonMobil. ExxonMobil? What did they do? Oh, they're an oil company.

Phew. Kind of anti-business, wouldn't you say?

More like pew!

Replies (19)

• Just awakened. Had what I thought was a really bad dream.

Dreamed that Obama was president. Now I realize I wasn't dreaming..... it was a nightmare!!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 8:41 AM
  • Look on the bright side folks, the Democrats will pay dearly for their lack of judgment next month. Its increasing clear Obama is a one termer. The only question being can the nation survive until we are rid of this man.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 9:34 AM
  • Look on the bright side folks, the Democrats will pay dearly for their lack of judgment next month. Its increasing clear Obama is a one termer. The only question being can the nation survive until we are rid of this man.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 9:34 AM

It survived 8 years of bush, I think it can make it through 2 more years of obama.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 9:41 AM
  • "What (they) think is gonna happen may not happen. i can hardly wait."

-- Posted by cadillacman on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 9:50 AM

It may be even more interesting, consider this possible scenario: The Republicans gain seats or even control of Congress. Now they can't do anything positive without the cooperation of the Democrats. So this time they decide go the bi-partisan route and the economy improves and unemployment goes down. Both the Republicans and Democrats are given credit and the President Obama administration sails to an easy victory in 2012.

If the Republicans don't cooperate, they take the blame, and in 2012 angry voters throw out the newly elected representatives because they didn't get anything done.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 11:51 AM
  • commonsensematters wrote:

"If the Republicans don't cooperate, they take the blame,"

Which differs from the current political situation how?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 12:09 PM
  • The last time they went bi-partisan, was that when we got the education bill and prescription plan?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 12:16 PM
  • I believe the President got the blame when the Democrat Congress took the economy into the toilet. Why would that change with this President?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 12:18 PM
  • There was obviously much more to it, than the Democratic Congress taking the economy into "the tank." Help in the form of financial deregulation and inattention had something to do with it.

Nevertheless, if a Republican Congress drives the economy further into "the tank" then perhaps President Obama should take the blame. However, if the economy improves, by similar logic, President Obama should get the credit.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 2:52 PM
  • commonsensematters wrote:

"There was obviously much more to it, than the Democratic Congress taking the economy into "the tank."

And there you prove my point: you will blame the Republicans no matter what. The Democrats were in charge of the Congress when it went 'in the tank', but you blame the Republicans that preceeded them, even though you can only point to vague generalities such as 'financial deregulation' (which happened under President Clinton) to support your assertion. Now, with the Democrats firmly in control of both houses and the executive branch, Republicans are blamed for 'obstructionism'. Yet, you claim, if the Republicans win and don't turn things around that, too, will be their fault.

You give Democrats a pass on all regards. They have held the Congress for nearly four years now, and they have been the worst four years of economic performance that has occurred in my lifetime. Things haven't been this bad since we had Jimmy Carter as president and the Democrats in were in charge of both houses, with a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. I suppose that's just another curious coincidence, though. Back then, I believe, we were told that everything was President Nixon's fault.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 3:18 PM
  • The Democrats drove the economy into the tank when they took congress and blamed Bush. Then the economy really took a dive when they got the Anointed One in the oval office and they still blame Bush.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 4:46 PM
  • Shape

Them Carter days were bad. No one had money to spend. Then Reagan came on and things came back together. He could connect with people. We had a great run until the Dem's got back in again.

We will hear someone say the old lie that Clinton had a balanced budget. The only thing Clinton had was the tech boom. The rest was brought on by the expanding economy of the Reagan years.

Things were looking good again after Bush took office. Then 9/11, Katrina, and the Democrat lending rules sealed his fate.

Democrats have a history of blowing it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 5:00 PM
  • Regret, Careful, Coulter had to hire body guards after saying that.

What amazes me is how history can be clear and simple and the dems always keep saying the same crap. They always go back to deregulation and lack of attention by other than themselves.

Then they top it off by saying Reagan raised to defict and Clinton balanced the budget.

A balenced budget in my house is when the outflow is just under the income. Didn't happen.

There was no deregulation that made financial institutions make bad loans and sell them off to big brokers that traded them back and forth as solid investments for stockholders. It was not deregulation that created the government guarantees for the bad loans. That was dems passing crap in congress attatched to needed legislation.

How many dems were linked to the bailed out institutions? They don't talk about that much.

See Caddilac, i can make rambling hard to follow posts too! [that small i is for you] :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 6:56 PM
  • Well, here is what the arrogant sob thinks will happen:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/13/obama-republicans-learn/

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 7:48 PM
  • OJ

The bad thing is we have to vote for the lesser evil.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 7:49 PM
  • By the article it is plain to see. He is an Egomaniac of gigantic proportions. His approval rating in the crapper and he thinks The Republicans and the American people are going to have to work with him.

Now if that was not so tragic it would be funniy. If this kind of convuleted thinking keeps up, maybe he will be the first President taken out of the White House by the guys in white coats, wearing one of those sleeveless jackets. He certainly seems detached from reality.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 8:27 PM
  • I didn't think his Ego could amaze me, and then I read that article. He must look in the mirror every morning and say "Mirror Mirror on the Wall, who's The King of them all?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 9:34 PM
  • If the president continues to pull far left, plum across the center line and into the ditch and then some until after the elections, the stupid republicans [I reference the whole] will welcome him back to the far left of the center line thinking they have done great wonders in correcting the course. Meanwhile the wagon will be left in the ditch, rolling aimlessly toward the intended goal of fundamentally changing America.

The republican mantra will be "I voted against all that, elect me for another term and I will fight against big interest Washington politics" The public will purge the old repubicans for new democrats.

The President may lose in 2012 but the liberals in congress will be waiting to pick up where he left off.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 13, 2010, at 10:00 PM
  • Afraid you're right, Old John. Trig thinks so too!

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Oct 14, 2010, at 8:06 AM
  • Totally agree Rick. Career politicians are the worse.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Oct 14, 2010, at 1:29 PM

Respond to this thread