Speak Out: OZZY OSBOURNE 'Disgusted' By WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH's Use Of 'Crazy Train'

Posted by timexx on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 7:24 PM:

I am sickened and disgusted by the use of 'Crazy Train' to promote messages of hate and evil by a 'church,'" singer Ozzy Osbourne said in response to news that Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church used lyrics from his song at events surrounding Tuesday's (October 6) Snyder v. Phelps Supreme Court hearing. An attorney -- a daughter of the church's founder, along with her sister -- paraphrased lyrics from Osbourne's "Crazy Train" at a post-Supreme Court hearing press conference in Washington D.C.

The church is described by the Wall Street Journal as a "tiny Kansas church... [that] ... preaches that U.S. deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are punishment for American's tolerance of homosexuality and abortion." As Examiner.com noted of the church, "their flamboyant demonstrations at the funerals of non-gay service members, using the events to highlight their belief that military deaths overseas are justified punishment for U-S tolerance of homosexuality. ('You're Going to Hell,' 'Thank God for Dead Soldiers,' and 'God Hates You' are popular Westboro slogans.)."

In a June appearance on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", Ozzy blasted the Westboro Baptist Church's protest of Ronnie James Dio's funeral. "I thought it was in such bad taste that those people had those banners about Ronnie James Dio. That's disgusting. They say that we're the anti-christ. Well, what makes them any better."

From Blabbermouth- http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsite...

Now dont that just beat all!

Replies (5)

• OzzY RULES!!!!

-- Posted by timexx on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 7:31 PM
  • Good for Ozzy

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 8:16 PM
  • Hard to ignore them when they're at all these events.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 9:19 PM
  • Doesn't the name Crazy Train kind of fit them?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 9:27 PM
  • If they showed up at my son's funeral they would show up for no more afterwards. I can't believe someone hasn't already taken them out.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 7, 2010, at 9:39 PM

Respond to this thread