Speak Out: Wackos with extremist views

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 4:32 PM:

We seem to be getting an awful lot of "Special" cases running around with a cause. This one just happens to be from the leftist environmental wackos. The far right has some of their own.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=214368&catid=40&source=nletter...

This excerpt, I think at least, goes to show what little it takes to set some people off.

"According to a story in The Gazette, which covers Montgomery County, Lee was arrested there in 2008 after throwing thousands of dollars in the air outside the building.

Lee said he planned the protest because Discovery's programming had little to do with saving the planet. He was identified then as being from San Diego, Calif., although he gave a local address of a homeless shelter.

At the trial, he said he began working to save the planet after being laid off from his job in San Diego. He said he was inspired by "Ishmael," a novel by environmentalist Daniel Quinn and by former Vice President Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth." "

Replies (26)

• -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 4:41 PM
  • Not unlike the Unibomber...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 4:49 PM
  • I was going to post this, Wheels you beat me to it.

It sounds like a tree hugging leftist wacko to me.

I myself belong to a different PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 4:52 PM
  • Adidas,

Well, I beat you this time, so I guess now we are even, you beat me to posting that map showing the growing unemployment figures across the country a week or so ago. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

I received that again in an e-mail today.

I belong to the same PETA club as you. As a matter of fact I just polished off a barbecued pork sandwich. That is going to put me at odds with the Muslims, the Jews and PETA I suppose.

Have a good one.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 5:57 PM
  • This is the way they think. I doubt there will be any program changes. That is the left for you.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 7:12 PM
  • Wheels, There's a pork chop in every can too!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Sep 1, 2010, at 7:37 PM
  • What will the left do next?

Blow up a federal building?

-- Posted by FriendO on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 9:47 AM
  • HEADLINE OF THE DAY: Gun-wielding ecoterrorist calls for reduction in human population, gets wish.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 9:53 AM
  • "This one just happens to be from the leftist environmental wackos. The far right has some of their own."

FriendO,

The above was from the thread. If you want to feature it as the left being singled out, go ahead.

I did not try to single out the leftist wackos to give those on the far right a pass... if you can comprehend what you read.

Extremist positions are intolerable from both camps. May this one finally rest in peace!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 9:54 AM
  • There are those who dance completely naked in the light of a full moon. Then there are those who dance completely naked in total darkness. Stupid is ain't not necessaarily as stupid does.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 9:57 AM
  • Then, there are those who dance completely naked in the bright sunlight.

Why are we only expected to dance at night?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 10:01 AM
  • Habit, Hunter, habit!

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 10:07 AM
  • "Wackos with extremist views" -- I just assumed this thread was about Wheels and voyager.

-- Posted by DADES on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 11:06 AM
  • What is wrong with dancing naked???!!!!

You really miss out in life if you don't dance naked by the moonlight at least once in your lifetime!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 11:19 AM
  • My coven does it all the time!

Your problem, DADES, is you assume.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 11:30 AM
  • And do you know what happens when you assume Dades?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 12:06 PM
  • I use to do the bunny-hop naked, then I gave myself a black eye, so I had to quit.

-- Posted by SpankTheTank on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 12:18 PM

Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 12:56 PM
  • And do you know what happens when you assume Dades?

-- Posted by adidas on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 12:06 PM

Is it...I become horribly scarred by the mental image of you guys all dancing naked together in an open pasture to the music of the old Fansasia cartoon? Cuz, that's kinda what's happened.

-- Posted by DADES on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 1:04 PM
  • Music from Fantasia?

Would that be the Hippopotamus/Crocodile Ballet music (Dance of the Hours) or the Beethevon's Sixth Symphony with the Unicorns and the naked cherubs?

If you've ever seen me dance, mehtinks the dying dinosaur music (The Rite of Spring) would more readily come to mind...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 2:02 PM
  • I am so going to have to add dancing naked in the moonlight to my bucket list now.

-- Posted by thumkin on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 2:20 PM
  • Hunter, let us really go for class (Dance of the Blessed Spirits) by Gluck. It would be easier on my aging bones and muscles. Certainly more pleasing to my hearing, whats left of it.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 5:27 PM
  • "Wackos with extremist views" -- I just assumed this thread was about Wheels and voyager.

-- Posted by DADES on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 11:06 AM

Dade's since you have little original to say... why say anything?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 5:48 PM
  • Now I am picturing how he got the black eye.... hee hee

when is the next full moon?

Anyone know the penalty for indecent exposure?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Sep 2, 2010, at 5:52 PM
  • "I use to do the bunny-hop naked ..." Darn, Spank! I sputtered all over the screen while reading that!

And then read "... lack of evidence." Thanks, you seem to have cured my doldrums.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sat, Sep 4, 2010, at 5:03 PM
  • I'm glad this thread didn't turn into one that blamed a wacko for being a wacko because he read Algorequeda's book "Convienient" or something.

At least I learned something. I always thought going to a sock-hop naked meant you went wearing sandals.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Sep 4, 2010, at 8:15 PM
  • If I did the bunny hop naked I would slap myself silly.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Sat, Sep 4, 2010, at 8:22 PM

Respond to this thread