Speak Out: We're being spammed!

Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 9:18 AM:

Someone needs to clean up the board, quickly, or we'll be overrun by these rotten spammers. I see three threads so far. It will quickly get worse.

Do not click on the links in the spam messages, or your computer will likely become a spam generator as well.

Replies (5)

• Shapley,

If you don't mind, please send me an email when you see these threads so we can delete them quickly. msanders@semissourian.com.

-- Posted by Matt Sanders on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 11:22 AM
  • I'll be happy to do so. I've added your address to my address book.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 11:27 AM
  • They're gone. Matt was kind enough to clean them up. There were three of them. I think the first one was Guccihandbags or something, and the other two were similar.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 12:39 PM
  • I wanted to check out the trusted wholesaler spam. Looked to me like a lot of Chinese imports to me. Could even have been counterfeit brands. As far as I could tell, prices were not all that good. For instance they offered Calvin Klein tee shirts at a "wholesale" price for more than I pay at a local retail store!

Outside of the problems Hunter mentioned, I have a feeling these guys possibly were not legit.

Anyway, Thanks Hunter and Matt for catching it and doing something about it.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 1:06 PM
  • Eternal vigilence! These guys are like rust, they never sleep!

I hope your anti-virus software was up to date before you checked out the sites...

Take care.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 10, 2010, at 1:51 PM

Respond to this thread